Trust my Love

Submitted into Contest #92 in response to: End your story with a truth coming to light.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance Drama

Alice, plz listen dear! FORGIVE ME. I never try to understand you. I'm so sorry. Now all is come in front of my eyes. Those are as bright as the sun. The dark aura that covers my heart and mind, is gradually faded. Give me one more chance to attain your trust. I'm so, so sorry! Albert is pleading and trying to console Alice’s mind. So touchy!!! But----What's the climax????

Alice and Albert; they love each other and start a new life, under the lovely zephyr. All are going so good--- suddenly! one day-  the zephyr turns to a thunderbolt strike…….

That day was so terrible. Alice was in her room. A call was coming from an unknown number. At last, she received and said:

Hello!!! Who are you? Why do you call me again and again?????

A sweet voice- Alice! I'm John. Your friend! Do you forget me?

John!!!!! I see. So far as I know you went to UK. When did you come back? I came, a week ago and then I tried to contact with you but failed. Finally that day, I met with a handsome guy- Albert.

He needs a ride to go and I pick him. When he left, he forgot to keep the wallet. I picked that and when searched the address, I saw your pic. Both of you, within marriage attire. So beautiful! I found a visiting card and called him. He came back and took the wallet. I asked him about you. He told me that you're his beloved wife. I congratulated him. That's the way to identify you.

Ok. I understand. How are your days going?  I'm fine. So, you? Married? Still not. But, why???

UK is full of fancy dolls. Why do you come back all alone? Because -I love you.

Oh! Stop John. Now, I’m over. Bye--- Ok.

From that day, many times John calls her and at last in one evening---

Alice comes on dear and looks, who is here??? A guest, my friend-John. I’m surprised. I never tell anything and how can he manage to come our home? Albert, who is he?

My business partner and also is my friend. I can't understand. Plz, explain.

Then Albert has explained me the story. Ok. I can understand.

Hello John- I’m Alice, nice to meet you and welcome to our home. I don't like this time.

John was my classmate. We were good friends but I never loved him. What could I do about that? He seemed a heart broken one and left for UK. I never tried to communicate. I had no right to do that because I didn’t love him.

"Yes, my heart only beats for Albert and then we are married in a very auspicious day. A hidden danger is peeping in my mind."

Time is going on as usual. One day- that's the special valentine day and I'm eagerly waiting for Albert. He left early due to official urgency, there's a big project that is running. I know, he will come, after the work is over. I don't blame him. Time is tough and rough. I wish, he is coming . The bell is ringing. I’m running towards the door and open with a lovely smile. Wow!!!! What a lovely surprise! A big bouquet of flowers in front of my door. I’m so happy and hug him tightly. Oh! My dear, I know you will come to wish me. Really, I love you. You're the best.

"I love you too, dear. A sudden shock!!! I rest the words aside and hold back my emotions."

"You!!! John!!! Yes!!! I'm. Why???

I can't wish you dear, Alice. "

Listen. It's a misunderstanding. I thought it’s Albert. So, what? I love you and I can give you my valentine's gifts. Plz!!!!! stop this nonsense word and go away from my life. Alice!!! You make me wrong. I love you but I also want to see you so happy. I don't want to hurt your lovely heart. Albert is busy in office and I know how lovely you will be??? Thinking that--- so I  have come to see you. That's it.

At that moment, Albert comes with a Garland. He is surprised. Alice!!! My dear-You look so stunning and gorgeous. Wow!!!! Sorry, that I can’t make my time but I buy this Garland for you. Plz! accept my apology. Oh!!! Albert----I love you so much. Me, too. John was there.

Now, Albert asks- John, my friend; Come on. What’s up ??? Are you want to steal my wife? Such a nice gift  you bought for her, it's not fair.

"I'm laughing. What a joke this is !!!! Alice can't steal by anyone. She is only her Albert."

John, Don’t take all her words in heart. She is just kidding. Let’s go inside. I want to know about your life. Do you love anyone? If not, then you will miss the most beautiful thing in earth. This earth is for love and love. Love can give you the real essence of life. True love waits until last breath here or there, earth or divine; anywhere or any birth..

He recites a love poem...

*** true love waits***

“Don't take any wrong perception

I'm not sure what's going on

The reality tries to break heart

My dreamy world is going to shatter

I never feel anything about this all

Now a shackle is chained my step

I try but can't break

May be need a bit more time

I will wait for you dear

Can you plz listen my words

I really love you so much

You're my entire world

I have no way left

A few words so ruthless

I will accept all

I know my dear will come very soon to my home

I trust my heart

I trust yours'

May be you're now unaware

Very soon the moon will show the calmness verse

My love is true

Like the sanguine sun

To shine the whole universe

For a dreamy life”

John says-very nice recitation--- I hope you’re so happy in this life. I was also in love with someone from the pristine time, but that was one sided love. So, I lost my heart and couldn’t get another chance.

Albert-really? If that, then one day you will get your love.

Alice is shocked. What’s rubbish talk???

Albert says---Alice; why are you so angry? Why don't want to wish good luck for John? He will definitely get his love back.

John is smiling. Alice stands up and says-I have made some snacks. I want to eat.

John, you come and join with us.

Thanks, Alice. I don't want to disturb both of you. I take my leave. Bye….

Albert says- oh John! Come on. Don’t act as silly one. You give such a wonderful gift, I will be so happy to eat with you. We are eating and Albert is gossiping heartfully. I’m scared.

Time goes on. Now John is the best friend of Albert. John comes and stays with us. One day...Albert tells, I'm so busy and need a more time to arrange all in a well frame. Alice-you can share your time with John. I can't deny his words. I go outside and John also comes due to Albert.

"We are at coffee house."

John starts to talk- Alice, plz say something.

Alice- Ok. Leave our home. You make a scary sight for me.

John-What's happening?

Alice-I don't know.

John-Plz, tell me.

Alice- I'm scared.

John-For what? I know that you don't love me.

Alice--- Albert is so naïve and simple. If he finds out about our past, then he will get shock and a rift may arise. I don't want that. Plz John!!! If you really love me, then leave us.

John---Ok. I will go.

Then, we come back home. At night, Albert tells me- where’s John? I tell- he has gone. What's wrong with you Alice?

I was scared about you, so I told John to live here for some days. And now----I don't expect this. You like to help others, then why it's not for John???

Alice--- I'm fine. Don't worry anymore.

Albert----The era isn't good. How can I not worry?

Alice-Ok. sleep .

The next day starts with a different view. At morning- Albert leaves for office. I’m all alone. I feel so lonely. I have lost my mind. The gas burner is on and I can’t realize. After some time, when I go to cook then the sudden strikes of fire….. Oh my God!!!!

"I’m screaming and then I hear someone is on the door. I ask loudly help!! It’s fire."

The door is broken and someone comes as a tiger and grasps me from the devil’s hands to safe site. I have lost my sense. When I wake up, I'm in the hospital. There’s John!!! He is sitting by holding my hands and crying. Thanks God….You’re ok, Alice. I was scared.

I can't say anything.

John tells- I came to say you goodbye because I’m going back to UK. I can't control my heart, my emotions; it comes to you.

Still I keep in silent verse.

I love you so much, Alice. That's time, Albert is standing behind John. And he has seen all things. I can feel that he is so angry. I try to set free my hands but can't. John tells-I know, you don't love me but my love is true. So plz try to calm down and stay safe.

John!!! Oh- Albert….it's a sudden attack and I have tried my best.

Albert-Thanks dear, to save my wife. You are amazing.

John-Ok. I think, I need a break for refreshment of my mind. Bye---

From that day, Albert keeps a silent distance from me. I also can't say anything properly. After one month, a letter comes from UK with a lovely pic (My smiley face with a rose).....I wish, my love is safe and happy.

Albert picks that letter and says - enough Alice !!!!

Can you plz tell me the truth?

Alice--What's truth- Albert?

Albert--About, John-------

Alice- I don't love him.

Albert-But he loves you.

Alice-What can I do about that????

I don't think that you have no feelings for him.

Yes I feel him as a friend. No, Alice. Your heart beats for him. Stop this nonsense, Albert. Our previous life was so nice. We never fight. Now, look at this moment; we are fighting. You can’t trust my love... I only love you. You must trust my words. If not then, I will leave.

Our lovely realm is going to a barren zone. I can’t hold this anymore. I decide to go at my home. One morning, I have left the abode by writing a letter... Albert, if you trust me heartfully, then will come and take me with you; otherwise not. I can’t live with suspicious thoughts.

Albert is so stubborn. He doesn’t take the initiative. The jolly life is over.

After 3 months…. one evening… he comes to me and tells- forgive me, Alice. I lost my sense, but now-I can realize all things.

I am so lucky that you are my life partner. Plz dear!!!! Cuddle me tightly and come to my dreamy realm. Without you, I can't make this way to move onward. I love you so much.

Finally, Alice says- you have realized that fact as a sun. Ok. I forgive you, because I also love you so much and together, we can make our lovey life. The truth comes with it’s pride by breaking all shackles from core of heart.

May 05, 2021 09:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.