0 comments

Romance

John introduced Jax & Jennifer to each other and walked away. The party was in full swing when Jax had arrived. He thought he could feel a heat when he introduced them, but shrugged it off and walked to talk to his other guests. Jax pivoted and dashed away from Jennifer. It was as if he was bit by a poisonous spider. He could not move fast enough. Jennifer stood frozen, so that people coming in had to squeeze past her.

Jennifer started to sweat, but taking one-step forward she entered the party. She could not shake off the feeling the heat on her skin all night. She felt Jax’s eyes on her as he moved around the room. He avoided her. She stayed talking to girlfriends to stop from going up to him. As far as everyone here knew, they just met. Jax & Jennifer knew better.

As the party was ending, they attempt to leave at separate times, but end up at the door, saying goodbye to the host, together. Jax pretends as if he left something and turns back into the apartment. Jennifer starts down the stairs. A few hours later, they are together again. Dinner was all they agreed to and when they finished they each went their separate way.

Jennifer lay in bed thinking of Jax. He had a tight shirt on tonight and all of his rippled muscles showed through. Jennifer struggled to push the image out of her mind.

Jax lay in bed lusting after Jennifer in that hot red dress she had on tonight. It clung to every curve that woman had.She appeared to be on fire with her red ringlets bouncing off her shoulders. Neither did much sleeping that night.

A week later and Jax asked Jennifer to meet again, she knew their history, she felt their heat, she yearned to be strong and say no, but she agreed and they met at the park. Jax laid a blanket down for them and set out a feast, which included her favorite wine. She looked surprised and he laughed and said he heard her last night say it was her favorite to their waiter. Jennifer ran through the night’s conversation and could not place Jax anywhere where he could have heard her, but there was her favorite wine. They both gazed off to other thing and tried desperately to not feel their passion for each other. Other friends came to join them laying their own blankets and bringing food. Jax invited everyone from the party. Jennifer thought they would talk about things, but not now with everyone present.

The park filled up with people and everyone wondered what was going on. A concert was going to be played at the amphitheater up the main lawn someone yelled and Jennifer got up, strolled away and went to sit with her girlfriends on another blanket ,with one eye on Jax the entire time. He watched her walk away.

Jax went to sit with his friends and continued keeping an eye on Jennifer. All the friends sang along to the music and as it filled the area, everyone grabbed someone to dance with. Jennifer was sad she was not sitting anywhere near Jax. It got to the point where Jennifer could not keep her mind of Jax. They had one incredible and indulgent night and nothing since. They kept acting as they just met.

While all the dancing was, going on Jax finally came back to Jennifer and asked her to dance. Everyone was telling her to join him. That he would not hurt her. If only they knew how much he could hurt her. She reluctantly got up to dance with him. They stayed at arm’s length. It was like their arms were locked keeping the other one out of their heart. The friends have switched partners when the tune changed and soon Jax and Jennifer were separated once more.

At the hotel the next night, Jax had set up candles, wine, brought the best bed linens available and placed them on the bed. He had been with Jennifer once, and he was struggling not do it again,but he craved her again. His desire to have her legs around him again was too much. She agreed to come, but did not seem to happy. She knew it was just a booty call. When Jax opened the door for her, she was surprised to see the room. It appeared he had been here for a while this time. Not like the last time when they fell into the room together panting. This was different. Jennifer looked at Jax confused. He gathered her in his arms and kissed her with such passion, he had to steady her after the kiss.

Evert’s next party happened months later. Jax and Jennifer arrived separately as planned. Everyone knew they knew each other now, but still did not know their secret. Well that was until Jax walked up to her and planted the most passionate kiss on her lips in plain site for all to see. He informed everyone they have known each other the entire time and were now dating. The partygoers looked stunned. They assumed they had met at the first party a few months ago. Jennifer felt the heat rushing up to her face as everyone stared at her. All her girlfriends rushed up to her to interrogate her on Jax. She listened to all the questions, but not one answer came out of her mouth. She instead grabbed Jax and headed out. Their relationship, she thought, should have remained a secret, but the cat was out of the bag, as they say. Going forward everyone would now know they were a couple and have been for a long time.

For better or worse Jax and Jennifer were known as a couple now. Evert seemed very please. Jax teased him, get that smirk off your face, you did not introduced us. Evert smiled a devious smile and winked at Jax and walked away seemingly pleased with himself. Jax was stunned. Had Evert orchestrated his and Jennifer’s first meeting? Jax could not be sure, but he knew he really loved Jennifer and that was not a secret he could keep quiet.

August 26, 2020 14:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.