0 comments

Horror Mystery

This story contains themes or mentions of physical violence, gore, or abuse.

Who is she..? A misty memory? It's been five years since the accident...When she got taken by him. I hardly get any sleep because of what had happened five years ago. Sometimes I dream about her, my daughter. Is she still alive?? If so is she okay? How come I didn't get taken instead. Living in this mansion gives me the creeps. I get up and start heading to her room, which just by looking at it makes me want to cry. I sigh and head downstairs but to my surprise I hear the doorbell ring, which I find highly interesting since I never have visitors.

I look through the peephole and see a police officer, which I open the door to. "Good afternoon ma'am I reckon you got your daughter taken away from you five years ago I believe?," He tells me. "Yes that's right sadly." I tell him sighing heavily. "Well we're here to tell you that we found the person who took her along with your daughter.." says the officer. "REALLY?!Where is my daughter at!?" I ask him. "Well that's the thing.. We found her dead on the floor and a knife stuck to her chest..Sorry for your loss.." he tells me in a whimpering voice. No t-this can't be real...NO! I slam the door and run to my kitchen panting heavily clenching my fists tightly. I scream. That's when I hear someone say, "Welcome to your life," I look around and there's nobody in sight. "I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!!" I yell.

I head upstairs and try to sleep. I wake up a couple of hours later about to head to the restroom when I see my daughter in the hallway. A dark shadowy figure with beaming red eyes with blood all over her chest along with a knife stuck to her chest along with a horrifying smile. Then she said "Was it the best you ever had? Was it the worst you ever knew?" she says pulling out a knife. I knew this song. It was her favorite song Alien blues, which she listened to everyday. "nananana,.." I murmured. Then she came walking closer about to stab me until I blinked my eyes and she's gone.

I woke up drained of sweat. "Thank god it was just a dream.." I murmured. I went to wash up my face and put on some clothes. After changing I went to grab some leftovers from last night and started to eat them. After finishing eating I went to wash some dishes and heard a knock at the door. I sighed annoyingly and answered. In the doorway I saw a man holding a gun saying, "You're coming with me." Careless at this rate I fell to my knees. "Do whatever you want. I have nothing to lose anyways." I told him. That's when everything blacked out.

I woke up. In front of me was a very strong muscular man next to the man I saw at the doorway. "Here she is, boss." said the man.

He shooed him away. I tried to get up and run but I noticed I was tied to a chair. "What do you want." I asked him angrily. "I want you to kill a few people for me." he said. "I don't do killing." I told him. "Oh Liliana I've been watching you for quite some time now." He said. My eyes turned wide. "I don't kill people you got the wrong person!!" I lied. That's when he showed a video of footage of me killing 5 people in a minute. "Always lying I see Liliana. Also sorry for the loss of your daughter." He said. "Don't ever mention eve." I said angrily. "Let's get to the topic. So you in or not?" he said. "Fine." I told him.

That's when a man untied me. After he untied me I quickly killed them all with a knife I had hidden always in my pocket. Then I ran out quickly unnoticed. I locked all of my doors, and shut all of the blinds. There was blood dripping from my knife. I went to wash it off. I quickly ran upstairs in a hurry, heading out to my bedroom. I sighed this week, It has been very painful. I started to bang my head against the wall. I banged some more until I stopped. There was blood dripping from my head. I sat against the wall. Had I been a good mother to eve? I keep thinking until I notice it's past 4:00 a.m.

I sighed and went downstairs. Suddenly little by little my eyesight became more and more blurry. I started to laugh like a crazy person. "Mental Mental." I started saying. "I feel kind of funny and dizzy." I say stupidly. I spin around singing and grabbing my once clean knife. That's when I trip and the knife lands on my forehead. "Well I'm better off dead anyways!" I say happily. That's when the bleeding stopped. Everything went black. Birds stopped chirping. The water stopped running. Everything just went quiet. I woke up in a place of clouds for a floor and a sky for walls. That's when I saw her. My baby. My angel. "MOM!" she yells happily. "EVE!" I yell, rushing towards her quickly. I hugged her tight. "I've been waiting for you!" she says. "I'm sorry I took so long eve!" I said.

We both started to cry. Then we cried some more. My daughter was finally safe. I was finally safe. We were both safe. Finally, a happy ending. Something I never knew I would ever have. At last. I now don't have to worry about anything. Ever again for the rest of my life. I can now rest in peace. My daughter and I can finally rest in peace. I can now call something home. A safe home. Well I guess that's it. A happy ending. All's well ends well.

I hope you guys enjoyed my story it took me 2 hours to finish this up! Bye! Leave a like a follow and a comment.

September 26, 2023 03:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.