A look into the mirror... Who Are You?

Submitted into Contest #163 in response to: Write a story in which someone says “You'll never be content.”... view prompt

0 comments

Coming of Age Creative Nonfiction Inspirational

A faint and soft voice breaking through the silence…

Yet it escaped so suddenly it startled her back int the moment again to be in the present she so wished to escape from recently.

“You always mess everything up, what’s your problem?”

“It’s impossible to be seen! You’ll never be content… always alone!”

It was her own voice, and again seemed to be mocking her as she looked in the mirror staring into a reflection that didn’t even seem to be who she believed or knew long ago herself to be.

As she realized that she was slightly slipping into that dark place again tears filled those eyes she’d been sitting there for what felt to be hours staring blankly into the vast pain they were filled with.

And as the tears rolled down her cheeks, she became angry with her self and abruptly wiped them away “Stop it, Your Pathetic! She sternly told her reflection then turned away.

She knew at that moment it was time to truly find herself…

She knew she just was feeling the full force of the moons energy and she knew like the moon her emotions were going through changes in different energetic phases. Yet this time she noticed things were needed for her focus ad been misdirected in what she was seeking... to feel seen to be understood and l9ved for who she was.

Where can I find someone else to see, if I can’t even recognize me?

Not like I can go pass out fliers asking others

“Have you seen this lost girl?”

I’m a bit out there but that surely would get me a mental hospital vacay…. she had to laugh at that and her laughter was a great momentary relief.

So hers what I’d say no to others that would of been approached had I set out asking other to find me….

She’ll have battle scars beyond what you can imagine, yet most aren’t visibly seen. They are beneath the masked smile she wears.

The scars are her battle wounds that she adorned like a Warrior’s armor and shield, for all she’d endured as a child, and still continues as she fights to protect her fragile heart from turning bitter.

She’ll be embracing her truths bravely.

Speaking up in the all she has to release, her voice may be a bit shaky, as she takes accountability and asks for acceptance of her every mistake.

Her hearts always been worn too loosely upon her sleeve, carelessly she hasn’t been able to find the safety she’d believed in to place it.

In ways which she’d let others hold on to it that had only intended to temporarily.

She’ll no longer be ashamed of all those memories made she chose to hold onto that added to the weight she’s carried.

All the love she allows to remain, far too long, even after it has only been turned into pain or foolish games being played.

Clinging to all the fractured pieces she’s held onto, the promises broken in prideful ways, vows said taken in vain.

She’ll walk through an other’s fire knowing it surely will burn.

To heal within herself their pain, energetically felt she’s chosen to see, In All, there are blessing.

Giving gratitude, for their lessons she knows must be learned.

She’ll swim alone upstream going beyond the surface of her own reflection in which she also begins In All to see.

She’ll dive deeply down to the darkest depths of her soul.

Exploring the unknown, beautiful yet with hidden dangers known and felt lurking in the shadows.

She’ll at times begin to panic, gasping and struggling, she emerges for a while to get more air.

Fearful of drowning in the vast ocean of her own emotions.

She’ll collect herself resting upon the shores, gathering all of her scattered thoughts to regain balance.

Getting herself again firmly grounded.

She’ll challenge all that had been submerged, keeping her guarded.

Growing stronger by going within, she now continues to do this over & over again.

She’ll be glowing in the acceptance of who she is.

As she is, now loving herself in ways she hadn’t been loved before.

Striving to find one day all her lost dreams she’d let go.

She’ll see them more swiftly appear as she sets herself free.

Opening locked doors to the life she’s always believed now materializes in what was to be true!

She’ll realize the keys were hers all along. She hears messages in randomly played songs.

Not looking back upon the storms she once chased. No longer being present for the self inflicting punishments in being others endless doormat.

She’ll stay wandering on her own journey.

In her own lane she may walk alone fir a time.

Knowing she’s never truly alone…

This is the Empress Energy that she’d felt yet always kept hidden away deep inside.

She’ll continue moving along her divinely guided path!

Grateful for the greatest love within she’s now found.

In harmony with her own vibe she again shines.b

She’ll be seeking outside, beyond, or behind herself no longer.

She herself is what she had needed to see clearly.

When pushed to far and needed someone to just show up…

Is exactly when she truly arrived!

When you look in the mirror are you content?

Who do you see standing there?

Do you see them clearly and without judgments?

As you ponder this, be gentle yet honest, this is where you’ll find that first key to unlocking all the doors that block you from your dreams.

With out a doubt healing work and a journey of self in a spirtual based faith is not always so easy to do....it's the saying of you have to heal it to feel it that is do important to understand ourselves on a deeper level. When you express your truest self it's amazing how much life will shift... or if we stay conditioned to our past or upbringing we truly sacrifice ourselves and will never be content!

As She is … You are…

Pisces Full Moon Blessings

Sweet~T~Ramblings 9/10/2022

September 10, 2022 20:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.