0 comments

Fiction Historical Fiction Fantasy

Lying on the green grass, I drifted off to sleep, contemplating life beyond Earth. When I open my eyes, before me is the beautiful moon. Swirling prisms of glittering light were bouncing off my body, the spirit of love was so bright I raise my hand to protect my eyes. I am floating above the ground, looking around and I see other celestial bodies swirling and dancing, sending off sparkles of prism light.


The Moon looks to her and tells her it is time for a wonderful love story. Feeling calm, she relaxes as the Moon begins to tell his love story.


When I first came to be during a battle of the Celestial Gods, little did I know who I would become and that I would fall in love with a most heavenly body. She's beautiful. She gives life; she respects life. How can I not love her? This is what I do!


We hug through the sunlight. When darkness comes, I shine on her and let her know I'm her protector. I say to her, "Look at me!" Take me into your loving calm. Let's dance with our love. Collectively, she and I make love, giving life to be shared in her nurturing of creatures. Our love has bonded and we dance with our Celestial cousins. This is what we do!


When I am near my Love, she glistens with blue, green, white, yellow, red and black; every color imagined. It's never a dull relationship because my Love is the giver of life to all that accept this glorious gift. I can drift in and out, dance and shine. I will always hold on to Earth and our Hero, "the Leader of Life." This is what I do!


Seeing Earth for the first time, she looked my way and says, "come with me" and grabs my hand, we embrace. You and I will live eternally. She says, "without you, I cannot exist, and you, without me, you will not exist!" Her soft blue hues turn my spirit into a shining optical of prism that sparkles bouncing off Hero, Earth, and me. Earth looks up at me and says, "My Love," we now prepare for our big event. Hero grants us the space to share love in the abyss of time without end. She looks deep into my soul and says, "we are preparing for the moment of grace." Our love for each other is essential, and Hero promises to nurture it. We must never separate, for we shall perish in "The Avengers" wrath, a great battle that we will never be again.


The destruction of our Mother planet was shredded by an angry god who saw her as a threat. She fought hard, and it wasn't until the end when she shattered apart, a loud and thunderous bang that sent our Mother in all directions. With her love, Earth and I survived and her last words to us, "Go, my children!" Earth and Moon, you will have a noble life of beauty together. You will prosper from the life you give on Earth by giving thanks to Hero, the leader of life. Moon, you will protect Earth from devastation with the brightness given to you by Hero. Your light in the darkness will keep Earth safe from the pounders known as "The Avengers." For they kill life and they will destroy Earth at their first hailing of destruction. Moon, your love for Earth will show in all forms of life and there is no end of life you two may create together. When it is time to give thanks for the life given unto you, shoot this arrow into Heaven's Belt. It will ward off all Avengers who want to shatter you into millions of pieces so no more life may exist in our solar system.


Hero has promised us that his light will always guide us and fulfill us with life beyond what any of your cousins may envision. You have his almighty promise to stay in orbit when you show and give thanks on the "Day of Gratitude." I say to Mother, the Earth and I promise. This is what we do.


We begin our celebration with a perennial line up. "I will embrace Hero with my full lunar body." As my Love embraces me, I will send great darkness into the brightness during our creation of love. The Moon rises, takes aim and shoots the arrow into Heaven's Belt. Earth whispers to Moon, "you are my true love!" Together we create life with the warmth from Hero. We have the promise to live an eternal and harmonious life. This is what we do!


Moon remembers his Mother's words, he whispers into her Heaven's Belt, "We embrace our gratitude, as you taught us." I will bow in front of Hero, to his almighty strength and power. For without him, I would not exist and neither would my Love, Earth. Together, we form the bond of creation and with our gratitude we give unto Hero, our Leader of Life. As our embrace is ending, I gently give way for the almighty to bless us with this new life we have created during our celebratory event. This is what we do!


When the Moon finished telling his story, I looked up to him, smiling, I say, "This is the greatest Love story I have ever heard." If not for Hero the Leader of Life for Earth and you, we would not exist here or there, we would be nowhere. When darkness falls upon me, and you shine so brightly, I too will give thanks for Hero creating a loving Earth and Moon. Curious, I ask Moon, "Will angels sing and dance with us and your celestial cousins?" The Moon tells her, "the angels are always with us while they sing and dance through the winds of infinity." From far away, their brightness teaches us that Hero is sending love, light, and life to their heavenly bodies. We all exist together, in neighboring orbits, galaxies, and throughout the universe because of our great creator, who has infinite knowledge and love for his heavenly bodies in orbit, giving life. This is what we do!


My dear child, remember when it is time to share your gratitude and love. Look not into Hero, but upon the heavens on Earth where Love exists all around you. Love is Creation! This is what we do!

The End

April 12, 2024 19:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.