2 comments

Romance Funny Drama

**Mild use of profanity**

To Whomever This May Concern, February 3rd, 2024, 11:48 PM


You insolent jackasses. I purchased an item from your online store over two months ago, with a guarantee it would arrive BEFORE Christmas. Guess what! It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and do I have it? 

NO.

If this doesn’t get straightened out IMMEDIATELY I expect a FULL refund, a discount from any item of my choosing (that is IF I decide to ever order from you guys again), and an apology letter from your boss. 

If this is how you run a business, then I’m astonished at how you have any customers! I will be leaving a scathing review online! I lost over 200 bucks and what do I have to show for it? NOTHING! 

I hope you live a short life questioning everything you ever did.


From a furious woman,

Debby




Hello Debby, February 5th, 2024, 8:32 AM


I’m very sorry to hear that you haven’t received the package! Having happy customers is very important to us, and there will be a thorough investigation as to what happened. Thank you for your patience, I understand that four months is a very long time to wait on a package. I will personally look into this.


Customer Service,

Dave




To Dave, February 5th, 2024, 8:35 AM


Took you long enough to respond! How do you ever stay in contact with anybody when you make them wait months and months and months?! Geez. Honestly, I don't even know if I want anything from you. You’re just going to disappoint me.


From a frustrated woman,

Debby




Hello Debby, February 5th, 2024, 9:16 AM


I understand your frustration. Losing over 200 dollars is not ideal, regardless of the situation, and I will do everything in my power to resolve this. It shows here in our records that the package was delivered. Is there any chance someone took it? Perhaps a family member or neighbor? 



Customer Service,

Dave




To Dave, February 5th, 2024, 10:05 AM


Are you serious? 

What kind of customer service is this? Blaming me? Like this is MY fault? I need to speak with your manager or something, because this is ridiculous. 


From an angry woman,

Debby




Hello Debby, February 5th, 2024, 1:47 PM


Rest assured you are speaking with the head manager. I see here that your package was delivered to 1557 East Side AVE, 12345. There is a chance it was lost by the deliverer and was later mislabeled as delivered.

I will be able to provide you with a full refund or send you another package as soon as you confirm which option you’d prefer.


Customer Service,

Dave




To Dave, February 5th, 2024, 3:37 PM


Oh. My. God.

My address is 157 East Side AVE, 12345.

Who sent it to the wrong place?!?!?


From a woman in disbelief,

Debby




Hello Debby, February 6th, 2024, 8:15 AM


Upon purchase, we received the 1557 East Side AVE, 12345, address with your order. I will immediately update our system to the correct address of 157 East Side AVE, 12345, and I can send you the refund or resend the package. 


Customer Service,

Dave




To Dave, February 6th, 2024, 10:06 AM


I feel the need to apologize. Last night I double-checked my order and turns out I wrote the wrong address. I am so sorry for sending those rude messages. 

Please resend the package if you can, but don’t send the refund. I don’t deserve it. 


From an embarrassed woman,

Debby




Hello Debby, February 6th, 2024, 10:28 AM


Please don’t feel embarrassed! I’m happy we were able to get to the bottom of the situation. I wouldn’t want anyone to lose over $200.

The package has been resent, free of charge. 


Customer Service,

Dave




To Dave, February 6th, 2024, 2:05 PM


Thank you for being so understanding. Man, I don’t think I could do your job if I had to deal with people like me all the time! Lol xD


From a relieved woman,

Debby




Hello Debby, February 6th, 2024, 3:53 PM


It’s not all bad, especially when people like you apologize. But I guess I’m good with people and I enjoy helping to the best of my abilities.


Customer Service,

Dave




To Dave, February 6th, 2024, 6:32 PM


I didn’t even think that there would be people who didn’t apologize if they found out they were in the wrong.

Okay, what's the worst customer you’ve ever had to deal with?????

(I just need to know I’m not the worst person on the planet) 


From a woman still feeling a little guilty,

Debby




Hello Debby, February 7th, 2024, 8:01 AM


Unfortunately, that is information I cannot disclose. I wish you all the best, and please let me know if you have any further questions or if your package is not delivered. 


Customer Service,

Dave




Hey Debby, February 7th,2024, 8:02 AM


While I can’t disclose that information on my work email, I can through this one! And I hope I'm not being too forward in contacting you through my personal email, but I wanted to tell you this story.

I think the worst customer I’ve ever witnessed (It didn’t happen to me, but I was there) was when I was 16 and working my first job at a coffee house. The barista- my co-worker- accidentally mixed up the drinks and handed the customer the wrong one. Instead of politely letting her know, the customer threw hot coffee everywhere, screaming profanity.

We banned her.


From a guy reliving his worst customer experience,

Dave




Hey Dave, February 7th, 2024, 8:34 AM


Thank you for reaching out, I’ll always appreciate someone spilling the tea xD

No way!! That did not happen! This is the kind of stuff you hear about but never see. My god, was your co-worker okay? 


From a shocked woman,

Debby




Hey Debby, February 7th, 2024, 11:52 AM


Other than a minor burn and shock, she was fine! We laugh about it now though lol. If we can handle that, we can handle anything!


From a guy just trying to live his best life,

Dave




Hey Dave, February 7th, 2024, 5:09 PM


Haha! That is crazy! I’m glad she’s okay. So you’ve been in the customer service business since you were 16?


From a curious woman,

Debby




Hey Debby, February 7th, 2024, 6:15 PM


On and off, but yeah basically. What about you? 


From a curious guy,

Dave




Hey Dave, February 7th, 2024, 6:30 PM


I’m in nursing school right now. Almost done with my third year. It’s crazy hard and I’ve been stressing a lot lately. That might be why it was easy to snap earlier, and I apologize again!


From an apologetic woman,

Debby




Hey Debby, February 8th, 2024, 7:45 AM


Good morning, and don’t sweat it! Nursing school is rough! My mom is a nurse and I don’t know how she does it. It’s a crazy job and you have every right to be stressed. It’s worse than customer service, but you get to save people’s lives! You’re basically a hero.


From an amazed guy,

Dave




Hey Dave, February 8th, 2024, 8:02 AM


Laying on the flattery a little thick huh? Haha

But thank you, I appreciate the support. It’s awesome that your mom’s a nurse. Any other nurses in the family?

P.S. I find the sign-offs hilarious xD


From a flattered woman,

Debby




Hey Debby, February 8th, 2024, 10:27 AM


Just my mom. My dad’s in construction and my brother is in school for a teaching degree. Any siblings on your end? 

P.S. I also am enjoying the sign-offs lol


From a guy wondering if he can have your number,

Dave




Hey Dave, February 8th, 2024, 5:06 PM


Sorry for the late response, it got really busy today!

I have two sisters, both are younger than me and still in school. My dad is a dentist though, which I guess led me into nursing. Funny how that works out.

Haha! Yeah, my number is 345-567-1222. Texting would be way easier than emailing back and forth xD


From a woman wondering if you’re busy tomorrow evening,

Debby


February 16, 2024 00:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Alexis Araneta
02:05 Feb 16, 2024

Hi, Jacqueline ! I really enjoyed this one. What a unique concept --- a failed package delivery turning into a date. Great job !

Reply

Jacqueline R
02:26 Feb 16, 2024

Thank you!! I always enjoy a good enemies to lovers lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.