Report on Hehe The Monkey -- (Recommended for children 8+)

Written in response to: Start your story with someone saying “I can’t sleep.”... view prompt

2 comments

Fantasy Fiction

"James, I can't sleep."

"And?"

"Can you read me that story?"

"It is not a story. It is factual evidence. I looked everything up!"

"Whatever, could you just read it?"

"Whatever."

"Yes."


"The report about HEHE THE MONKEY

All About HEHE’s Family

HEHE (Pronounced hee-hee) THE MONKEY is a four-hundred-year-old Space Monkey. Space Monkeys are also known as the Northern Lunchbox Monkeys. They live in

A seven hundred-year-old space monkey during the shedding season of 1322

Antarctica. HEHE was adopted by

a group of Space Monkeys, His adoptive Mother is called Mother Monkey. His adoptive brother is called BBQ Monkey. HEHE THE MONKEY is technically an Emperor Tamarin Monkey but likes to be called a Space Monkey. Space Monkeys usually eat raw or semi-cooked noodles. Occasionally, they will use marinara. The Space Monkey species also enjoy marshmallows with chocolate and hot sauce.

Space Monkeys speak Sumerian. HEHE THE MONKEY has been living with his Space Monkey family for three hundred years now; happily eating their raw to semi-cooked noodles with (occasional) marinara.

Hehe: Before and After

As you learned in the last chapter of The Report about HEHE THE MONKEY, HEHE THE MONKEY is an Emperor Tamarin Monkey. He prefers to be called a Space Monkey (Northern Lunchbox Monkeys) since he was adopted by a group of them. That leads us into our next topic on HEHE THE MONKEY: HEHE THE MONKEY; before and after adoption.

HEHE: Before adoption

HEHE THE MONKEY once had a mother named Moon Unit Monkey. For a female Emperor Tamarin, Moon Unit Monkey had a smaller than usual mustache. HEHE THE MONKEY’s father was named Orangejello Monkey (pronounced Or-ange-allo). Orangejello Monkey also had a brother named Lemonjello Monkey (pronounced Lea-mon-jello). Lemonjello Monkey also lived with HEHE, Moon Unit, and Orangejello. HEHE THE MONKEY was a happy little monkey.

This is HEHE when he lived with Orangejello, Moon Unit, and Lemonjello Monkey

HEHE THE MONKEY weighed 1.2oz when he was born. He was average size. HEHE had brown hair and a very small mustache. He loved to eat fruit, nectar, insects, and gum from the gum tree. HEHE was especially fond of the nectar and gum from the gum tree. HEHE also liked swinging through the trees with the wind in his face.

You would think he had a happy life…he did…That is until the day Big Astroid the Monkey lit HEHE’s old family’s tree house on fire…"


"WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS STORY VIOLENT!?"

"We have gone over this..."

"But-"

"Hehe: After the fire

HEHE was devastated when he had to be taken to the Tall Tree (the Tall Tree was the orphanage). A chimpanzee let him in and he stayed there in the tree for about a month before a kind family of Space Monkeys came knocking on the Tall Tree’s trunk.

The chimpanzee from before let them in and they looked around. They discovered that HEHE acted a lot like a Space Monkey. They scooped him up, and left without another word.

Hehe: After Adoption

HEHE loved his new home, but sometimes he missed his old home in the trees. It was so cold in Antartica compared to his old home. He also missed his family. He eventually got used to the cold climate, and his new family.

A Photograph of a Northern Lunch Box Monkey In the year 1889

How Did Hehe Live so long without being a Space Monkey?

HEHE was fed the same food and was treated the same way as all the other Space Monkeys. He had his own ceremony (see photo book here), and the ceremony is a special ritual to turn the young monkeys into long-living, pasta-eating, multi-colored animals. In HEHE’s case, because his biological parents were not Space Monkeys, he could not change colors. But the rest was effective.

Where is Hehe now?

HEHE THE MONKEY is now a successful businessman in the company Monkey&Flowers! He is quite rich and successful! He found that his weird third cousin twice removed, Pablo was alive, and his only family left once he turned eighteen. HEHE now has monkeys of his own and is living the life!"

The End

"James, I still can't sleep."

"Shut it Jon."


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


THIS IS AN UPDATED VERSION OF EMILY MANION'S ORIGINAL EDITION OF THIS BOOK



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Thanks to:

L. Tuntland

C. Pishko

L. Rodriguez

M&M. Manion


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


(Made on Reedsy by Emily Manion. Check out the book series by Leah Tuntland and Emily Manion: Topher Pettit Junior; The Worm That Did it All.)


Topher Pettit Jr. Book One: Love at Last Sight -- Preveiw!

Topher Pettit was a very happy worm. A happy worm indeed. Topher was black and orange and lived in a small town called Brooklynville. He stood apart from the other fuzzy worms since he was multi-colored. He had a brother too. His brother was named Keira Daddy; he was his favorite out of the 200,000 siblings he had. Keira Daddy was blue-ish purple. His favorite sister was named Auntie Dylan. He also had a mother named Stacy and his father was Gerald. Stacy was purple and Gerald was green. There was something odd about all the fuzzy worms of Brooklynville. The worms there were always dancing on a clear string. Some people thought they were puppets, others thought they were fake. Either way, they were a secret to the world. That is until one day, a group of fifth graders found them. This is the story of LEA LU TUNTLAND and TOPHER PETTIT!

Chapter One

Topher Pettit Junior was one of the many, many fuzzy worms on a clear string in the little town of Brooklynville. Brooklynville was founded by a young girl, now about two hundred and fifty years old, her name was Brooklyn S. Nobody knew her real last name, but they knew it started with an S

So one day, Topher, Keira Daddy, Auntie Dylan, and his other 199,998 siblings were squirming their way to school when they heard a loud THUMP! Big, colorful…rocks? Topher thought. “Tears are soos!” Keira Daddy screamed. All of the worms learned about humans and their habits in school, so no wonder Keira Daddy knew that the rocks were shoes.

Then Topher looked up. He saw hands reaching down, down, down until he was in one of the human's grasp.


November 12, 2023 21:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Maxwell Manion
00:58 Nov 13, 2023

it is an interesting story but good one

Reply

Emily Manion
01:00 Nov 13, 2023

thanks :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.