4 comments

Drama Mystery Thriller

MISTAKEN

Part 2

Jacks perspective:

People talk, people listen, people don’t understand. They say birds fly when thrown from their nest, but how do they fly without any knowledge that they have wings.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter

They knock on my door they want to let me go insane, well guess what I’m not going to go insane.

Seeing her the other day made me madder, but I just smiled at her.

How can she be so clueless?

They are here, they are listening.

The last time I warned her, she ran and then Mike took control of my body.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter

I know he wants control again.

“No … please don’t hurt her.”

I scream.

It’s too late I only hear his laughter and then everything goes black.

I’m lost … lost in the void of blackness, only the sound of Mike’s voice telling me their  listening in my head. They want me to go insane.

Well guess what I’m not going to go insane.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter.

Stop it Mike I scream.

He only laughs.

I want to protect her.

Don’t let her think I’m here to hurt her I want to say I love her.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter.

They are knocking on my walls.

Then the blackness goes away and I’m sitting on my couch her hair clearly in my hand visible.

What have you done Mike?

I scream.

He doesn’t answer.

Mike

I scream again.

He laughs.

What you don’t know won’t kill you he says.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter.

The doctor has told me to take the pills … the pills, every time I reach for the pills my hands go lump.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter

Leave me alone

I scream.

You know you’re insane

I hear Mike’s voice.

I am sorry Nancy , I wish I could talk to you.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter

Nancy doesn’t believe you Jack;  she thinks your insane

He laughs

I guess she is right.

I will kill you Nancy.

No Mike I first want to talk to her.

It’s too late I’m in a void of blackness again.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Im in a hospital.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

What have you done Mike.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Mike

I scream.

It’s too late. They know you’re insane, see they have chained you to the bed.

I look down just like he said they chained me.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter.

Mike stop it.

I scream then the chains snap off.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter

Sir you have been in an accident, but you’ll be able to leave soon just minor bruises here and there.

Accident? When?

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter.

The black void consumes me again.

I can only hear faint voices.

Don’t hurt me please

HELP HELP ANYONE

Please sir can you help me

Then I hear Mike laugh again.

The black void is seemingly going away, yet I’m more dazed and confused than I were in the hospital bed.

Nancy lays sprawled out on the floor in no less than her underwear in front of me in my apartment …..

“Mike what have you done?”

I scream.

……

……

…….

Nancy’s perspective:

I haven’t seen Jack again only that fast encounter at the mall. It could have been my imagination playing tricks with me, but I must say it was driving me insane for a few days.

Ally, someone I met at the mall, told me it must have been my mistake as she continued on talking about her new boyfriend she met at the pub and how she needs someone to do a double date with her seeing as her new boyfriend were bringing a friend with.

Ally didn’t know me that well yet she told me seeing as she did my hair now so excellently I need to be her double date friend.

I wanted to obliged and tell her I can’t, but she didn’t give me a chance.

So here I were getting ready for a double date to someone whom I didn’t even know his name.

I decided on wearing my dark blue jean with a tight pink top and a jacket that covers my cleavage.

I weren’t there to meet the love of my life in fact I was forced to go there.

“Hi Nancy you made it … I would just like to introduce you to Jack.”

My throat constructed I felt as though I couldn’t breathe, yet I couldn’t just abandon Ally with a narcotic bastard. I act as though I didn’t know him luckily he didn’t react any different. The night were long I didn’t speak much just drank more and more wine to forget the awkward yet disturbing situation I was in. My head began to spin and then everything just went blank.

You see Jack you kidnapped her and undressed her.

Stop it Mike I did no such thing I’m not insane.

Jack started cleaning Nancy from all the alcohol splatter over her. He didn’t know exactly what happened he only knew he couldn’t have been the cause, yet Mike said otherwise.

Jack you killed her, you are insane, everybody knew it.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter

I did not kill her

Jack screamed. He didn’t know if it was the truth though.

You might as well kill yourself Jack.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter.

Some strange object were now in Jack’s hand, strange for he didn’t know he reached for it. He inspected the object, it was a knife.

No. Jack screamed.

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter.

Blackness consumed Jack again and when he woke up from the blackness the knife were in his chest.

You killed me?

You killed yourself Jack, because you’re insane.

Blood dripped from the open wound in Jack’s stomach, yet he weren’t worried about himself but more for Nancy.

Was she really dead?

As his life came to an end, Nancy stirred.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

It was too late now for Jack to help Nancy, but he knew in a way he did safe her.

….

I open my eyes.

By my left side lay Jack dead a knife in his stomach blood piling out of the wound.

Have I done this?

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter. 

August 28, 2020 09:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

16:34 May 12, 2021

I liked it, I need a third story!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
. .
23:57 Aug 31, 2020

Wow! This was so good, you're so underrated and the world really needs to understand your skill and creativity. I just can't wait to see more because words can't describe how great this story it.

Reply

Anja Z
08:49 Sep 01, 2020

Aww thank you so much for your kind and understanding words , I REALLY appreciate it :) I was a little bit hesitant with this story seeing as it was written inside someone's mind most of it and I worried that readers wouldn't understand the way I thought the character through. Thank you so much again :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
16:33 May 12, 2021

I agree with S.M!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.