Dialogue isn't exclusive: characters may say the same things, but mean something entirely different in the context of the scene. Pick one of the below famous lines from literature and film. Then start a scene by having a character say it. Develop the scene that follows in 500-600 words and see where it takes your characters.
- "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
- "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
- "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!"
- "You're gonna need a bigger boat."
- "Oh, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars."