2 comments

General

One day Hannah was walking in the jungle with her best friend Kelly. They had been pals since their childhood. They both were laughing at each other's jokes and enjoying themselves. As they went ahead a loud rustling noise came from the bushy bushes.

Hannah and Kelly were really scared and held each other's hands tight. They continued walking when all of a sudden Kelly fell down a huge hole. Hannah knew what to do she quickly took out her phone from her baggy jeans and called the emergency helpline.

In less than an hour the ambulance came and took Kelly on a stretcher into the ambulance and gave her oxygen from an oxygen mask. Hannah was crying a lot as she could not see her best friend in such a state. She held Kelly's hand in her own hand and started crying uncontrollably. The nurse comforted Hannah and told her that Kelly would just be fine. Gradually Hannah stopped crying and she was back to normal.

After 3 hours

Now everyone reaches the hospital and Kelly is dragged out of the ambulance on a stretcher. She was taken into the emergency room and the doctor took some tests to see whether she was still alive or not and to also see whether any body part was damaged. Hannah was told to wait outside in the waiting room and so she patiently waited there.

On the other hand Kelly was in the emergency room, the doctors were putting syringes into her body and got to know that she was alive as her eyes started opening wide. They also got to know that Kelly had got a fracture on her left and right arm and had got blood drooling all over her head. Even both her legs were damaged. The doctors had to plaster Kelly's hand and put a dressing on her head as her wounds were very deep and had to amputate both her legs and put artificial legs instead. It was a horrifying situation.

After a few days Kelly was discharged from the hospital and the first person she met was Hannah. Hannah was horrified when she saw Kelly's state as she had an artificial leg and a plaster on her hand and some dressing on her forehead.

But she was really happy to have her best friend back. It was Kelly's first running championship without both her legs. She felt really nervous as she did not know how she would compete with the other players as they were absolutely all right and had both their legs. For days Kelly was crying , she could not stop herself as she started getting nightmares. Nightmares that you can not even imagine. In her nightmares she was told that she was a ultimate loser and would never succeed in life. Hannah always comforted her and told her that god will always be with her and would never let her fail.

After all that Hannah told her she started getting energetic and decided to do her daily work out assigned to her by her special coach. While doing her excercise a loud cracking sound came from her artificial leg ,it had come of in a really bad way and blood was coming but Kelly did not mind as she put her leg back she continued and continued till she was tired. Hannah was really proud to have such a hardworking friend who was still preparing for her big day despite of all the things she had to go through. Many people used to taunt and tell her that she would never be able to win the championship as she had artificial legs.

Well if you see normal people they will stop doing their favourite thing even if they hurt themselves in a normal fashion but Kelly was really different, she did not worry about her loss of her powerful legs. And when people would taunt her she would just ignore them and walk away. Kelly's attitude was something we all should learn from.

The next day Kelly again had her practice and this time it was running practice and her special coach was getting ready to say GO. Till then Kelly took her position and waited for her coach to blow his whistle. As her coach blew whistle she just ran the whole three hundred metre track in just a fourteen seconds. Her coach was really proud of her , according to him she was like the female version of Ussain Bolt. Even Kelly herself was so happy and started jumping up and down in happiness. When Hannah was told about Kelly she was extremely happy and well, she also was on cloud nine and praised Kelly a hundred thousand times.

Seeing all the hard work that Kelly had put in even Hannah was enrolled for the big day. Everyday Kelly and Hannah would practice running in just ten to twelve seconds. When the coach saw both of them on the running track early in the morning he was really proud of them as he understood that they both were determined to achieve their future goals. The coach also complimented them and said that they were going to surely win in the championship. On the very same day the coach told this , a stranger kidnapped Kelly and Hannah as he did not want them to win the championship. The stranger left a note behind saying that he had took Hannah and Kelly and to get them he will have to fight with him.

The very next day the coach saw that Kelly and Hannah's room was empty. He was really worried when a paper suddenly caught his eye. He picked up the paper and read my hat Hannah and Kelly were kidnapped by someone named Piscus. The coach went in search for them and on the other hand Hannah and Kelly were trying to shout for help as they were tied to a chair and their hands were tied and their mouths were sealed with duct tape.

After some time the coach find Hannah and Kelly and quickly pull out the duct tape from their mouth and cut if the ropes tied on their hands and quickly took them back to the running track. When they reached the running track both the girls thanked him and decided to resume their practice. They practiced for some more time and see so exhausted that they could not even breathe. They drank a sip of water and once again started their practice. This time they managed to finish the full track in exactly ten seconds.

The coach was really happy and told them that they will now do the Cooling workout and meet up the next day again. So Hannah and Kelly do all their cooling exercises and go home. Now once again Now once again they meet up and practice for the running championship which was great in to take place in Mumbai near Worli Sea Link. Now their practice was at Worli Sea Link and they had a target to complete the full track in just thirty seconds as they had to complete almost thirty kilometre. It was a really tiring yet fun to practice there as there was a lot of greenery out there. When they started their practice they did not perform well. They took almost an hour to finish the full route and that was the lowest point in their practice session. But they they did not give up that (includes Kelly who has artificial legs).

They kept on trying they kept on finishing the route in more than forty seconds but gradually they were reaching thirty seconds which was their actual target. Now they were fully prepared for the big day which was the first international running championship.

The next day it was finally the big day , when Hannah and Kelly had to compete against many people of different age groups in the international running championship. Both the girls were confident and were sure that they would only win. As the teams were being made Hannah and Kelly stood in the queue and as they got their stood on the starting line with the red flag on it.

After ten seconds the whistle blew and everyone started running. Leading everyone was Kelly and behind her was Kelly and then the other children. Kelly and Hannah already had finished half of the route only twelve seconds were remaining and they would reach the finish line. As the clock started ringing everyone had to stop and that was lucky for Hannah and Kelly as they already reached the finish line before anyone else and they were awarded a golden trophy and a gold medal as they had got first prize whereas the other people were given nothing but participation certificates.

Hannah and Kelly's coach was really proud of them as they managed to get first prize. He told Kelly that he was so proud of her as she won despite her problems and her artificial legs.

This story tells us that no matter what happens in life you should still go ahead instead of leaving your opportunities behind as they come once in a lifetime.

July 02, 2020 17:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

ANN MARIA ROSE
15:55 Dec 21, 2020

Very good moral I would say, great work!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Anika Goyal
22:19 Jul 07, 2020

Please read my story and give it a thumbs up if you like it and pls do comment your thoughts on my story below.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.