0 comments

Contemporary Creative Nonfiction Friendship

There are always something wandering in my mind. Sometimes they are troubles from my past, sometimes they are sweet memories about you. No matter what, my mind is always running like an energy ball, and it often gives me headache.

Then I changed my focus to you. I opened the contact and started looking for you. You have always been my best General in life. Whenever I had doubt, any confusion about anything, you are like a teacher, a coach, a professor, guiding me through problems and found the solutions. I like writing poems for this Man.

On a lazy Sunday, he woke up, made his bed, brush his soft hair and trimmed his beard. He is ready for another beautiful day, to brighten up everyone’s life, like he always does as usual. He is sitting on his leather couch, drinking his favourite coffee, taking out his phone to read all kinds of Newspapers from the App. National Post, The Sun, and The Star. He always thinks it is very important for a person to stay current about the trending of society. Meanwhile, he sips from his mug, feels the smoke and warmth coming from his aromatic coffee, he sighs with pleasure and comfort, smilingly takes out his phone and starts checking those love messages sent from his Muffin. He saw her sending him a sweet morning greeting, “Good morning, my handsome young Man, how was your sleep? My love must be prettier today. Today it is another day, for my Hero to save more lives.” He smiles, and then he continues to read from her, below is her poem specially for him:

It doesn't matter

what is floating above,

as long as I know

this is something called true love.

It wouldn't bother

what is left behind,

as long as I believe

I always have you and your wine.

It won't hurt

what is lying in front of the path,

as long as I am sure

I am always marching forward on your behalf.

It couldn't harm

what is happening at this moment,

as long as I realize

I always have you with confidence.

“She is always so cute”, he said. This is true, this girl has always been sending him love messages, because she believes that, he is the best Man in the world. Her poems can always put a smile on his face, although he has never been putting down his smiling face. He texted her back saying, “Yes, my darling, I slept well but those doves outside of my windows made sure I was awake at 4 o’clock in the morning”, he says, “I just checked the weather, today is a nice day but a little bit of rain in the morning, remember to bring an umbrella when you are out there walking, my Darling”, he smiles.

Yes, she has been walking ever since he reminded her about being fit during the pandemics. Himself is getting fit too, just like those old times in the Army, when he was full of usable and necessary muscles, to drive airplanes, tanks and submarine, to fight with terrorists, and to brainstorm strategies to save millions of lives. “She must be going out to Longo’s to get her favourite Cherry Cola on her way home”, he thinks.

I am sitting in front of my computer, just finished playing chess, taking a French lesson, having breakfast, watering my sunflowers after waking up from bed at five thirty this morning. I have to get up early everyday for my beautiful handsome Man, because I know this soldier boy will send me a morning greeting at six thirty sharp. I had to be ready for him finishing everything. I just finished my Rosary prayer for God, to embrace the blessings from Virgin Mary, for bring me such a great life and a great Angel. I opened the application from my computer, and waited for his message. “Moring my Darling”, he sent. My heart suddenly pumps like having a drum inside. Although I get his morning greeting every morning, but my feeling for this Man is always so powerful and endlessly impulsive. “I just watered our sunflower in the backyard. They have been growing 3 to 4 centimeters everyday, now I can barely see their heads now”, I reply to him. Yes, I have been growing sunflowers in my backyard along with my cucumbers and other melons, red peppers and other vegetables. Sunflowers are our flowers, because I always think his beautiful smile brightens my life up like a sunflower. He is always smiling no matter in what situation. I used to tell him that, I had met some bullies in school, at work and in life, he said, “just keep your smile and they would think you are going to bite them.” I tried this trick every time I felt speechless about what I encountered, and it worked every time I tried. He is an ingenious Man and always has the best solution to every problem. “Wow, amazing Darling, you are such a gardener. My flowers are still miniatures. I am thinking if they sold me wrong seeds somehow”, he said. “He is always so sweet,” I think.

After talking to his Darling and made sure she is doing fine this morning, he finishes his coffee and puts down his mug, starting planning for his day. Today he has to go out and work on his favourite toy which he is going to the lake this summer with – his favourite boat which he made all by himself. He has to paint the outer layer of the boat today to make sure the bottom won’t leak again. “Now I can take my Darling safe on board again,” he thinks. He rolls up his sleeves and gets changed into his worker’s cloth for the paint. He is going to work on it the entire Sunday.

Suddenly, he feels his watch is vibrating again. He knows his Darling must sent him another poem for him:

It is challenging

not to make my list an overload,

because my adoration for you

is always an overflow. 

It is hard

to give a breath to guilts and regrets,

because your cuteness

is a thing that I could never forget.

It is difficult

to calm my nerves and settle down,

because your overwhelming awesomeness

is something that always makes me drown.

It is rough

to rest my ambition and stop my ego,

because your beauty

is 360 degrees, no dead angle.

Have a good day, my beautiful Angel, my handsome young Man.

August 01, 2021 00:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.