0 comments

Funny Happy Friendship

"Jerry, if we don't choose the right story to win we could be named the worst judges ever!" Jimmy groaned and kicked back on his chair.

"I know, I know!" Jerry yelped.

"I am here!" Edna announced dramatically as she entered the room.

Edna was also a Judge.

Edna was a tall woman with long hair. Edna loved to have a dramatic effect on everything. She was probably the most annoying Judge.

"You are late." Jimmy huffed as he put down a story called 'My Dog Ate A Poo And Liked It'

"Yes. But I brought donuts!" Edna sang with a smile.

Edna sat at the very end of the long rectangular table and opened the bright pink cardboard box. A delicious aroma released from the box circled the room.

"Yum!" Edna exclaimed and wiggled her fingers towards a donut covered in rainbow sprinkles.

"Edna! You have to help judge these stories! If we can't choose one we might have a dilemma!" Jerry's high pitch screamed towards Edna's direction.

"Ok," Edna groaned and put the sticky donut on the wood table.

Edna picked up a couple of papers stapled together; the story is called 'Bestie Bob Can't Find His Watermelon'

After a minute of silence, Jerry, Jimmy, and Edna all put the story's they were reading down at the same time.

"We should get paid for this!" Jerry screeched, Jerry always screeched.

"I know right! I mean this story is just this dude named Bob looking for his Watermelon in his neighbor's bathroom!" Edna hollered.

Then Edna and Jerry noticed that Jimmy wasn't saying anything.

"What's wrong, Jimbo?" Jerry asked sensing something was wrong.

"The goat in this story got lost in IKEA." Jimmy grumbled, "IKEA is so hard to get out of."

"Wow, that sounds terrible." Jerry soothed.

"I love IKEA!" Edna whooped.

"WHAT!" Jerry and Jimmy yelped.

"Don't you just love how many bedrooms there are in that place!? I mean dream house, am I right or am I right?" Edna smiled imagining the wonders of living in IKEA.

Jerry and Jimmy sighed and they all picked up another story.

Jerry read a story called 'Searching For My Pet Pebble'

The story was about a girl named Tuna who lost her pet pebble in a zoo.

"I like this one! It should definitely win!" Jerry hollered.

"NO, THIS ONE SHOULD WIN! IF THIS ONE DOES NOT WIN I WILL KILL THIS DONUT!" Edna yelled, holding up a donut and a knife.

"I think that neither of those stories should win. This story called 'Wine Is Not Chocolate' should win. It is very inspirational. The story is about a woman named Izzy Tizzy Gizzy who loved to eat cheese." Jerry calmly says.

"What on earth does cheese have to do with wine and chocolate?" Edna wondered out loud.

"It does not matter what chocolate and wine have to do with cheese! This is the winner!" Jimmy shouts, holding up a story called 'I Love Your Foot'.

"No one is loving anyone's foot!" Jerry screeched like an angry chicken.

"Yes, Lucy is!" Jimmy cried.

"What if we have three winners?" Edna suggested.

Jimmy and Jerry gasped at the thought.

"But then we would have to give out like one hundred and fifty dollars! May, I remind you that we are not getting paid to do this." Jimmy exclaimed.

"Ok, so we could ask Mr. Ich to pay!" Edna suggested again.

"Did someone say my name!" Mr. Ich commanded making everyone jump as he walked into the room admiring his new gold watch.

"Yes, yes sir." Edna scrambled to calm herself.

"What do you want?" Mr. Ich demanded.

"Well we were thin-" but before she could finish Jerry interrupted.

"Edna was thinking, sir," Jerry said.

"Yes, yes. I was thinking that there could be three winners of the fifty-dollar prize."

"Ahhh. I see. So they would split the fifty dollars three ways." Mr. Ich said.

"No sir, they would each get 50 dollars." Edna calmly said.

"Ok. I will pay to have three winners." Mr. Ich decided.

"YAY!!! I DID IT!!!" Edna hollered, "IN YOUR FACE LOSERS" she screeched in Jerry and Jimmy's faces.

Mr. Ich left the room as soon as he heard Edna's screech.

“Whatever Edna.” Jimmy groaned as he pushed his hand through his black oily hair.

Jerry’s eyes darted the room as he thought about Mr. Ich (Who scared him very much).

“Mr. Ich is not here, anymore he left the room.” Edna sang.

Jerry sighed and sank into his chair in relief. 

“Okay so which ones are the winners?” Jimmy asked picking up a piece of paper and a pen to write down the names of the winners.

‘Bestie Bob Can't Find His Watermelon’ Edna sang the name to a high-pitched toon.

“Ooo and ‘Searching For My Pet Pebble’ Jerry jumped in his seat with excitement.

Jimmy wrote down the titles of the stories on the paper then added  'I Love Your Foot'.

“WAIT!” Edna screamed, “Don’t you think we should read all of the other stories to be sure we choose the right ones?” finishing calmly.

“Nah, I’m tired. Hand me a donut, Edna.” Jerry said.

Edna handed Jerry a chocolate-covered donut.

“Can I have one too?” Jimmy asked so Edna handed him one with strawberries on top of it.

They munched on the donuts until they heard someone holler “PIZZA!”

The three of them ran out the door to the kitchen. 

In Front of them was a huge pizza with all the toppings you can imagine.

They quickly grabbed a slice and shoved it in their mouths.

“Yum.” Jerry thought as Edna went in for another.

Later that night they posted the winners on their website and sent the winners fifty dollars.

The next morning people were screaming and throwing fruit at their houses in disgust of who they chose to win.

“Wow! Don’t you love being appreciated!” Edna exclaimed happily, as a banana hit her in the face.

“Free breakfast!” Edna roared with gladness.

May 23, 2021 16:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.