0 comments

American Christian Inspirational

Were always searching for reasons and change in life, so I ask God to intervein in my life, so I can live out the plain God design for me. I chose to do that because with God all things are possible. All we have to do is look around the area we live and start asking yourself what can I do to make a difference in someone's life are life in general, Then ask God. What do you need me to do? lead and guide me father and point me in the right direction. I've always had the heart to help people, I took care of my mom for 12 years with heart problems, memory lost, diabetics, ect. and after she left us it was devastation, you can never be fully prepared for that. I was lost, lonely, heart broken, confused, and over burden. I wasn't me anymore. it's like my life went into shock, I started having panic attacks, anxiety, depression, oh my world was lifeless, I can remember getting back in the car to drive and looked at that empty seat and break down cause she was no more, it's like I had no meaning anymore. cause I was missing that piece of me, and I struggled and hide in my house, cause I missed her we were together everywhere, everyday. For the 12 years she went through her illness. and we were always close. I wouldn't go any where for days, I cried till I didn't even look like me anymore. I was trying to be there for the kids, and they were trying to be there for me. It was so hard I didn't think we would bounce back. Till one day I looked in the mirror and saw the pain and hurt in my face. I said God I don't know where I'm going from here, but help me. So when I woke the next day after a year of hiding I started my life all over again. A life without fear with God, my moms a true believer of God, once I told myself what are you doing mom and dad would have expect me to keep going and take care of myself and my kids. and I am doing just that. because she not suffering anymore she's with God resting. And for my new year resolution I decided, To start a foundation called My Mother Heart, it's a foundation where we sale items to make money and take donations. And the funds will go to help people with rent, lights, water, gas, food, clothes, ect,.. in memory of my mom, and every thing fell in place and I didn't give up no matter what; I was going to start taking care of myself and given to the less fortunate. Cause that's what we're suppose to do, lift someone spirit. I ask God what can I do, who can I get help from. And the phone rings, soon as I finish speaking to God, it was so funny. my sister-in-law says; Hey! you interested in some food. We have loads of it up here, and I said oh yes! So I told her how I had just ask God for help in that area, and look what he's done. I can bring food down where it's really needed. And that day started my food deliveries. It got so good, that I had to travel 3 days a week to pick up the food which was about a 30 minute drive there and back. And then separate everything. Load it back in the truck and drive through 2 different towns to deliver it to the people. It got to where, when the people saw me coming they was running my truck down. And I would fill so bad when I ran out and couldn't help everyone. I'm a single mom with 6 kids and I have 2 boys left in the house with me, and they go with me to do my runs. some days I didn't even know how I was going to make it, I only had 5 dollars to my name, but I went anyway, barely making it back. And when I made it back, I sat in the front yard saying to my son oh! what are we going to do. I don't have the gas to deliver the food. So I call the neighbor behind me and told her I had the food did she want to come around and get some and she said yes I'm on my way. when she arrived she picked out what she wanted and then she said here put this in your pocket and I said no the food is free and she said but gas isn't and she said my family and I appreciate this food so we want to make sure you keep bringing it around. After she drove off I look down and she put $40.00 in my hand, and I said thank you Lord. The same thing happen with other people I helped to, to make sure I keep coming. I did this the whole year and during the Covid 19 I would pray for the food before I delivered it and the people who received it, that it wouldn't harm anyone and that he keep us through these times in life. I donated to thrift stores and they were so happy, the workers and the costumer were taking food home to there families, they loved it and waited for me to come in every week. my truck flip 358,889,06 on the meter from all those trips and my truck barely makes it down the highway. But when I look back, it was all worth it!. To see so many needs met, I also made a lot of new friends. Always remember God always has someone to show up and help. And I thank God!.....and I pray God allow me many more times to do more after the pandemic to spread his love as far as he allows me. helpful hearts are the hearts that makes change. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

January 06, 2021 02:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.