58 comments

Drama Gay

Part 6 of Home. It has nothing to do with the prompt. Enjoy!

“Wow, I completely forgot about that.” Daniel says, smiling.

TJ stands up. “Wait here.”

I wonder what it is.

Daniel looks around. The diner’s empty now, other than the staff, who he can't even see. He taps the table with his fingers.

Hurry up, TJ. This is creepy.

He finishes his food, and TJ still isn't back.

Suddenly, a door bursts open and he yelps. He relaxes once he realizes it’s TJ, with his hands behind his back. What’s he holding?

Daniel sits on the end of the booth, his legs in the aisle, grinning. 

TJ clears his throat. “Daniel, I love you more than anything-”

“Oh god, are you proposing to me?” Daniel asks with wide eyes.

TJ gives him a look. “Let me finish. Anyway. I love you more than anything. I’m not proposing now, but if we’re still together when we’re out of college, and I hope we are, I will. Also, here.”

TJ hands him a photo album, and Daniel opens it. The first page is a picture of him reading on his bed, completely focused on the book.

“Uh, when did you take this?” He asks TJ.

He shrugs. “You don’t pay attention to anything else when you’re reading.”

He's not wrong Daniel thinks, flipping to the next page. It’s a picture of him and TJ on their first date, which was a disaster.

He looks through the book, grinning more and more at each picture. When he gets to the end, he reaches over and hugs TJ.

“That is the best gift ever.” Daniel tells him. "It's perfect."

TJ grins. “Do I get a kiss?”

“Duh.” Daniel says, wrapping his arms around TJ’s neck, pulling him close.

They kiss until they hear someone clear their throat.

It’s...the entire Golden Biscuit staff.

TJ blushes, but Daniel grins.

The man in the front, David, the manager and TJ’s father, is holding a big cake with white icing.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!” They all shout at Daniel.

He looks at TJ, who is grinning.

“You. Are. Awesome.” He tells TJ, kissing him again.

“Yes, I know. Go eat your cake.” He replies.

“You're the best.” Daniel tells TJ again, as they pull into Catherine’s driveway.

TJ flashes him a grin. "I know."

They had cut open the cake, which turned out to be a seven layered rainbow cake, which Daniel had wanted to try since forever.

They had left at about 4:00. The staff had prepared a full meal for them. After TJ pestered him, Daniel had texted Catherine, asking if TJ could stay the night. She said yes. 

Now, they go up to the front door, with a takeout box of the leftover cake for Catherine and Angel.

They ring the doorbell, and after a moment, Catherine answers it.

“Hi! You must be TJ. Come on in!” She says, moving so they can go inside.

“Are you really Cathy May?” TJ asks excitedly. “Really?”

She smiles as they walk into the kitchen. “Yes. Really.”

He bombards her with questions, until Daniel interrupts. “We’re going to go see Angel.” He says, grabbing TJ’s hand.

"You're freaking her out!" He hisses.

TJ waves a hand. "It's fine."

Daniel rolls his eyes, and drags him up the stairs, to Angel’s room.

“Angel!” He calls, knocking on her door.

It swings open, and Angel’s standing there. She looks bored, but brightens when she sees Daniel.

“Daniel! You’re back! Is this TJ? Come in, come in.” She says, letting them in her room.

Her room is like the living room, with the rainbow splatter painted white walls, and colorful furniture.

She has photos covering half of one of the walls, and art covering the other half. Her bed is pushed against a different wall, and her desk is opposite to it. She has a big, round, fuzzy green carpet, and beanbag chairs in the middle of the room. 

“Nice room.” TJ says, looking around.

She smiles as she sits in the pink desk chair. “Thanks. Sit anywhere.”

They sit beside each other on the carpet. Angel faces them in the chair. “Okay, TJ. Tell me about yourself.

Forty minutes later, TJ and Angel are debating about which of Catherine’s books is the best.

They get along amazingly, and Daniel can’t believe how alike they are. He’s really glad they don’t hate each other.

“What do you think, Daniel?” Angel asks him suddenly.

They had moved around, so now, Daniel has his head in TJ’s lap, flipping through the photo album, and Angel is lying on her bed.

He blinks, and looks up at them. “ Sorry, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.”

“Eh. Agree to disagree.” TJ decides.

Daniels' phone buzzes, and he pulls it out.

“Dang it.” He mutters after reading it.

Dad: Last chance, Daniel.

TJ takes the phone, after seeing Daniels' expression, and reads the message. He sighs. “Your dad seriously sucks.”

He grumbles. “He’s the worst.”

“What's wrong?” Angel asks them, looking at their faces.

TJ looks at Daniel. He nods. "She can know."

TJ hands Angel the phone. She reads it, and bites her lip.

“Don’t show these to your mom. Trust me.” She tells him.

He sits up. “Why not?”

“She’ll overreact. She’ll go find your dad, which could be worse. You do not want to see her mad. Zuri told me she gets mad really easily.” Angel says.

Then, almost like Catherine is listening, they hear her shout, “Dinner!”

They look at each other.

“Nobody says anything, okay?” Daniel asks.

They agree, and go downstairs.

Hope you liked it! There aren't enough words, so:

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

January 21, 2021 22:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

58 comments

Sapphire 🌼
16:00 Jan 26, 2021

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOCKHARTTTTTT XD

Reply

Ari Berri
16:01 Jan 26, 2021

XD

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
16:03 Jan 26, 2021

Also just wondering, do you know the book We'll Fly Away?

Reply

Ari Berri
16:12 Jan 26, 2021

Nope. What's it about?

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
16:16 Jan 26, 2021

Ah well, I'm crying rn cause I just finished it XD It's about two boys named Luke and Toby and....lemme just coy paste - "Bryan Bliss' novel We'll Fly Away is the story of Luke and Toby, two high school seniors trying to move beyond their neglectful and abusive family lives, only to find themselves making decisions that will end in tragedy. Best friends since childhood, they have big plans for the future." I'M STILL CRYING LOL YES IT DOES END IN TRAGEDY

Reply

Ari Berri
16:20 Jan 26, 2021

I'll look for it. Any other suggestions?

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
13:23 Jan 25, 2021

Oh god, I was so scared that when the entire staff was just staring at them that some homophobic stuff would go down. Very casual/ easy to read.

Reply

Ari Berri
15:21 Jan 25, 2021

XD. Thanks!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amel Parvez
11:40 Jan 22, 2021

LOVED IT!!!!!! They are soooo cute, seriously Tj and David are my favourite ones. Anyways I wanted to ask u that why is no one guessing yur name.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amel Parvez
11:40 Jan 22, 2021

LOVED IT!!!!!! They are soooo cute, seriously Tj and David are my favourite ones. Anyways I wanted to ask u that why is no one guessing yur name.

Reply

Ari Berri
14:36 Jan 22, 2021

Thank you! I'm keeping as Ari Reynes.

Reply

Amel Parvez
15:05 Jan 22, 2021

you're welcome:) ohhhh. ok

Reply

Show 0 replies
Amel Parvez
15:05 Jan 22, 2021

you're welcome:) ohhhh. ok

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
💫 Sophia 💫
02:26 Jan 22, 2021

I love this series, I'm obsessed. It was amazing just like the other parts. Great job! I hope you consider checking out my new story.

Reply

Ari Berri
03:04 Jan 22, 2021

Thank you! I will.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
22:10 Jan 27, 2021

The next part is finished!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
ALINA Manha
23:44 Jan 21, 2021

I am sooooo happy that you posted this today. I was dying to read this. Just like the other parts it's perfectly written. Great job Ari👍🏻

Reply

Ari Berri
23:51 Jan 21, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

ALINA Manha
00:26 Jan 22, 2021

You're welcome!

Reply

ALINA Manha
00:28 Jan 22, 2021

🏳️‍🌈

Reply

Ari Berri
00:36 Jan 22, 2021

:D

Reply

ALINA Manha
00:38 Jan 22, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
22:10 Jan 27, 2021

The next part is done!

Reply

ALINA Manha
00:05 Jan 28, 2021

Yay! Thank you so much for letting me know!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Unknown User
16:51 Jan 22, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
16:53 Jan 22, 2021

Thank you!

Reply

Unknown User
17:34 Jan 22, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
17:35 Jan 22, 2021

Maybe. I'm still working on the end, so...

Reply

Unknown User
19:05 Jan 22, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Ari Berri
19:10 Jan 22, 2021

XD.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
22:10 Jan 27, 2021

The next part's done.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

At least this one wasn't a cliffhanger. Much. When is this series going to end? I need to see what happens to David's dad and all that interesting stuff. By any chance, do you know the email of Reedsy? I have a friend that's getting downvoted every second. I attempted to upvote him, but the disgusting down voters just downvoted him more. I'm trying to email Reedsy to complain about the down voting button, and how it should be confiscated. But, seriously, when is the next part going to come out? I swear, one day I'm going to die because I did...

Reply

Ari Berri
00:35 Jan 22, 2021

I don't know when it'll end. Soon, hopefully. I don't know the email of Reedsy, but I think if you send something on one of the emails they send you, they'll respond.

Reply

T-they send emails?!

Reply

Ari Berri
03:05 Jan 22, 2021

Yeah, mostly saying when we've got comments or telling us about the new prompts on friday's.

Reply

Theres two bots. I wasn't on Reedsy for just a day and they sent me a message saying they were worried about me because I haven't been on Reedsy just for one day? Should I write to the bots or the-uh-prompts?

Reply

Ari Berri
14:35 Jan 22, 2021

Bots, probably.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
00:32 Jan 28, 2021

yayyyy i like this series :D also, do you have any book reccemdations? I'm running out of options lol

Reply

Show 0 replies

Happy Birthday Gilderoy Lockhart!

Reply

Ari Berri
16:35 Jan 26, 2021

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

(Not) Happy Opposite Day! How aren't you? (Is that the correct way to say it?)

Reply

Ari Berri
22:47 Jan 25, 2021

Not Happy Oppisite Day to you, too!

Reply

Not thank you! When isn't the next part of Home not coming out? I'm not dying for the next part!

Reply

Ari Berri
23:53 Jan 25, 2021

Probably not tomorrow. I'm not working on it. Are you not putting out a new story?

Reply

Not okay. I am not working on a story right now. It's not the one with the "Normal Pet" prompt. You?

Reply

Ari Berri
00:24 Jan 26, 2021

It's not the normal pet, either.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Ari Berri
22:11 Jan 27, 2021

The next part is done!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.