8 comments

Fiction Kids Teens & Young Adult

It was a bright Sunday morning, I and my friend Sarah had decided to go shopping that afternoon. "I am here!" It was Sarah right on time like always.

"Coming, just wait a second" I yelled from the 4th story of my balcony.

Just as I was stepping inside the elevator, Someone grabbed my hands from behind and gripped his right hand on my mouth with a tissue that had smelled like rose gold and his left hand near my navel. The next thing I remember was lying on a rough patchy floor. The place was very strange; I felt like a squirrel hiding inside the trunk of a tree. Round stone-bricked walls, an endless road ahead of me, I was trapped. I stood like a statue indecisive about what to do next, I started walking further and further which started draining me of my energy, My throat was dry as a bone. "Hello! Can anybody hear me?" I screamed on top of my voice.

 After another hour of seamlessly walking ahead as if going after a mirage, I spotted two wooden doors, a meter apart from each other. Each had mirrors integrated on its borders with something written in the middle of each of the doors. I walked closer to the doors. Once again, I stood in a dilemma which door would lead me a way out of this place. The door on the left hand was carved with a word written in ancient handwriting which said 'hell' and the other said 'heaven'.

  I envisioned stuff in my head, where each door would take me into. Hell could maybe lead me back to my real life of hardships and working 70 hours a week but heaven could maybe take me into another world of fantasy and desires.

   With that thought in my head, I entered the door to heaven. I was completely obstructed by what my eyes had encountered. That place was magnificent like an enormous island. It was like continuing a dream after waking up. In front of me stood a cheerful blue and white giant mansion, overlooking the bay surrounded by an overgrown suburban garden. The mansion had my name written on the nameplate 'Ms. Ashley Baker'. I walked ahead to the front door of the mansion, A guard stood there welcoming me with a glass of champagne. He led me inside the house, we walked through a high hallway into a lavender-colored space. A breeze blew through the room making the curtains twist from left to right.

There stood two men in white clothes and strange head covers behind the couch with their hands beside. "These are your chefs, just inform them whatever you would like to have, and then it would be ready on time."

   "Ohh-okay" I was taken aback by the gesture of the people of this place, what have I done to get such a luxury. I should be with Sarah right now doing some street shopping. The guard escorted me to my lilac-colored room "This will be your room for the next week, hope you enjoy your stay and your driver will be available 24/7, Just give me a call if you wish to go anywhere"

  "Can you tell me where am I? I have no idea how I got here."

   A bright smile appeared over his face "You have been brought into another world—"

 " What world?" I interrupted him. His words felt like a dagger in my heart which stopped thumping for a sec.

 "It's a world of your imagination" With that he turned back and went on his way downstairs.

  I slid the windows open and gazed at the mesmerizing beauty of the sea, the chirping of birds, the playful sound of the water lapping on the rocks, and the sound of leaves rustling through when the winds blew gently. I stood there for a moment and tried to figure out how I got to this island. A series of quick flashbacks of getting abducted at the elevator to being left on some tunnel. What's next? I asked myself. Should I just go out and explore the world or find a way out to the real world. Going back would be getting back on my square-shaped desk and working a million hours a day and hearing my cranky boss submit my deadlines. After all, I am a lawyer. I felt it would be better to take a week off and enjoy this world of whatever he said.

 I called out for a driver and in a minute appeared the latest crimson model of Rolls Royce. The car was even bigger than my apartment, I thought or at least I felt at that point. We drove around the hills and prolific scenic sites. The city was covered with houses painted in red yellow and vibrant neon colors which lifted the mood of the city. The driver stopped at a local fair and asked me to spend some time here and enjoy the rides. I had some chocolate churros, mango donuts, strawberry milkshake, A special Halloween ice cream, and a lot more.

  Meanwhile, while I was having the best time having tons of food on the table a guy comes up to me and asks me in his deep manly voice if I would like to hang out with him for a while and how I could have refused such a handsome man. He had Viking gold hair, barrel chest, and burly athletic grace which made me instantly drawn towards him. We went together to ride the Ferriss wheel and then on to Columbus and to paraglide. I was having the best time in the world.

   Suddenly my phone started buzzing, I picked up "Hey! where are you? I have been waiting here for a long. Are you coming or not?"

 "Yeah I am sorry I just got stuck, I am coming just wait for a second"

 I am such stupid, I thought. Huff!! Now I just have to show up at the desk tomorrow.

May 24, 2021 08:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

8 comments

Mohamed Sarfan
21:01 Jun 17, 2021

Dear Writer, It makes me love that you always handle the theme of the story from a different angle. Not knowing where I was going, the fictional characters are alive as I begin to read and learn man through emotions. You may be immersed in the imagination; But the realities that are immersed in something imaginary amaze me once again as a reader. Right now, I seem to want to ask a question. What Your mother tongue? Write more Congratulations

Reply

Simran Hirani
07:01 Jun 18, 2021

Really appreciate that my story came alive to you. I was quite apprehensive of posting this story as I felt it was short and didn't have much story into it. I Belong from India and My mother tongue is Hindi. Hope you keep reading what I write.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Sarah Martyn
16:19 May 31, 2021

I'm a little biased in liking this since my name is Sarah and I'm always punctual! :D Also I love this line: "It was like continuing a dream after waking up." SO GOOD! Love how you took the story to an unexpected ending.

Reply

Simran Hirani
17:08 May 31, 2021

Thank you so much Sarah for the feedback❤

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
12:13 May 31, 2021

Hi, Nice story! Great work!

Reply

Simran Hirani
13:02 May 31, 2021

Thank you very much!1

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Heena Rathore
18:53 Jun 01, 2021

What a lovely story! great going, Simran. So proud of you <3

Reply

Simran Hirani
16:21 Jun 02, 2021

Thank you ma'am

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.