ReedsyCast Pt. 4: Betrayed

Written in response to: Write a story where an algorithm plays an important role.... view prompt

54 comments

Sad High School Creative Nonfiction

Reminder: this is a story containing some characters(and plot details) which belong to the community. Those people are Jasey Lovegood, Echo Ross, and Akatsuki.

*Note: While it's vague, the prompt and this story are related.

Kennedy's P.O.V

----------------------------

The chatter of the group droned on in the background as I desperately searched for a spot. "Oh- Eli there's one-" My eyes widen, scanning the area. And of course, just as I learnt of the spot she spoke of, she made an "Oop-..." sound. Someone took the spot almost immediately. I let out a tiny growl. "I'm sure there's another one." She assures me. I offer her a tiny smile before glancing in the rearview mirror. 

"Everyone, I'm going to pull up front. Make sure you have everything in your bag." I suggest. I pulled up front, glancing at my own bag, where Inferna's feet were. I stop the car a moment later, unlocking the doors. 

"Thank you again for the ride, Eli." I glance behind looking at the baby of the group.

"Mhm. Of course." I reply with a smile. They return the small smile before climbing out of the car. 

"Yes- thanks." Maxlynn comments just as the door shuts. I merely blink, but make sure they knew I heard. There was a moment of silence before I turned to face the passenger seat.

"Are you alright?" I ask. Inferna shakes her head before replying a soft 'Yeah'. I deadpan. "Inferna." She made a face before leaning back a bit. Immediately that gut feeling told me something was wrong. I sigh a bit before pulling out of the front drop off going to find a parking spot yet again. "What is it?" I ask just as she spoke. I pause, glancing at her.

"Maxie's been off lately." She says looking at me. I raise a brow.

"How do you mean?"

"They've been quiet ever since that night at your place- the truth or dare stuff." Inferna huffs, folding her arms. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed her questioning expression turn, guilty. 

I scan the parking lot again. "It's not because of what went down." 

"What if it is?" I narrow my eyes as yet another high schooler steals an available parking spot before looking at Inferna for a moment. 

"It's Maxlynn." I reply. I press on the gas a bit adding more speed just in time for me to pull into a parking spot, at last. "If they were upset about that, they'd say so." She slumps a little.

"Right… But like-"

"Inferna," I interrupt putting the car in park. "I don't know what's going on either.. But it's not because of what happened, what, a month ago?" She lets out a sigh opening the passenger door just as I pulled the key out. 

"Yeah I guess you're right." She mutters climbing out of the car, backpack already on her shoulders.

I climb out, ensuring to grab my bag too. "I know I am." I comment making Inferna laugh. I smile a little: mission accomplished. I shut my car door, press the lock button on my keys and turn around. 

"Sometimes, you're a little too confident, Eli." She says with a smile. I look at her shrugging a shoulder. I put my keys in my pocket.

"I guess." I reply, shoving my hands in my pockets. She makes a 'tsk' like laugh before silence embraces the two of us as we make our way to inside the main school building.

Johnson's P.O.V

----------------------------

I turned around, sitting on the first step of one of the various stairways. Leaning against the door, I pull out my MP3 player and headphones. Turning that on I put in the headphones preparing myself to loose myself in the strange ways of music. 

Not sure which artist to choose, I went back to the main menu, clicking on the arrows to get myself to 'shuffle'. The first artist was Rob Zombie and the song was 'The Life And Times Of A Teenage Rock God'. I shrug, sliding the MP3 player back into it's designated pocket.

Taking a breath of deep air I look forward watching various teens coming through the doors. It was Friday, so the cheerleaders and other school spirit weirdos were holding pom poms or those strange hand clapping things. Everything was purple, white and gold. I ruffle a side of my hair. 

Soon the people blurred together, fading outwards and yet in. The music wrapping its fingers around my mouth, ears, and then my eyes. My hand reached into one of my pockets, turning up the music as loud as I could.

I was lost, yet pleased.

Rivinian's P.O.V

----------------------------

I tilt my head before glancing at the digital clock on one of the walls. They've been like that for elven minutes now.. I frown. The events of the group's last sleepover came to mind and I huffed. I hope that's not what's bothering them, I thought wandering down the stairs. 

I paused as I stood next to them. I looked down at the senior. "Maxlynn." I say quietly, crouching next to them. They didn't respond. I bit my lip. "Maxie~" I say in a sing song tone. Again, nothing. The frown returns. "Hey.." I whisper, setting a hand on their back. 

They stiffen, making me pull back and freeze. "Sorry-" I hold my hands up as they looked at me. Universal sign of peace. They blinked a few times before something clicked in their brain. They seemed to wait for something before speaking, and that's when I noticed the headphones.

"Oh, don't worry Ky." They reply, their hand literally waving it away. I tilt my head again.

"You sure..?"

"Mhm." My chest tightened. Their voice seemed, off.

"Alright.." I glance at a wall with another clock before looking back at Maxlynn. "Well let me know if you need anything, okay?" They smile, playfully rolling their eyes.

"I will."

"Good." I reply, setting a hand on their forehead for a moment before standing up. "See you in third." 

"See you in third." I hear them copy.

Rose's P.O.V

----------------------------

"Finally!" I groan, quickly shoving my notebooks into my backpack. A few classmates around me chuckled, sharing my excitement for the day ending at last.

"For someone who loves learning so much.." A familiar voice says. I look back with wide eyes. Eli. "You certainly complain about school a lot." He smiles a little. 

I roll my eyes, playfully. "I enjoy the overall experience, not the day to day sha-bang." I reply. 

"Ah." He walks a bit closer, hand on my head. 

"Eh?-" Eli slowly turned his hand, making my head move to face the door. I jump a little feeling, something, move near the side of my face.

"You do remember school just ended, yes?" He whispered. I blink before it registered. 

"Oh! Crap!" I bark, pulling his hand off of my head, pulling him along as jogged to the door. He let out a laugh, ducking as he went out the classroom door. 

Eli and I made our way to his car, tossing our bags on my side as we waited for the others. 

And being tired of the silence, I spoke. "So.. You read the chat Kylo made, yeah?" I ask glancing at the tall one before returning to watching the main doors. He let out a small sigh.

"I have.."

"The first message or the new one?" I clarify. I see him stand straight(despite himself not), alert, out of the corner of my eye.

"What?" He started looking for something, his phone most likely. 

I look at him feeling a knot in my stomach. "Maxlynn's moving."

June 11, 2022 08:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

54 comments

Jasey Lovegood
05:14 Jun 22, 2022

MAXIEEEEEEE

Reply

Crows_ Garden
13:16 Jun 22, 2022

I'mma have to be careful with Maxie's future, huh?

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
23:34 Jun 22, 2022

Pls let me keep my sanity Leo

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
23:35 Jun 22, 2022

Also new nickname? Don't know if it's been done, but inspired by my character Prince; Princey?

Reply

Crows_ Garden
23:56 Jun 22, 2022

Pft- sanity? What's that? Uh- I don't think so?-

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
03:55 Jun 23, 2022

If u know what sanity is, lmk ;) Can I call u that then :eyes:

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

*stmubles and fa/lls into comment section* *misstypes msot of my words btu its fnie cuz this was so good asjdbswqhf* fr tho- i love the way you portrayed all of the characters jsjjsshs they're so- 🤌us🤌

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:02 Jun 13, 2022

Omj- be careful XD Pft- I'm glad you got a kick out of it : > (the story plot's finally coming in > : D, prepare for t r a u m a)

Reply

*trips/j* xDD ya lololol (oh noohnnonhhohnohnohnh *dies/j* but i love tramua tho XD)

Reply

Crows_ Garden
20:07 Jun 13, 2022

cAReFuL! XD (PFT- SUKI XD you're gonna love your character's backstory lmao) : o new nickname- suki

Reply

oHKaY (LMAOOO XD ong I HAVE BACKSTORY WOOOOO) o h m y g o d YESSSS I LOVE THAT NICKNAME IEFIJFEAJ btw any naruto pfp suggestions? not saying i dont like gay mads but i need smth new 💀💀💀

Reply

Crows_ Garden
23:11 Jun 14, 2022

O v O (Of course you do! I plan *everything*) WOO! I'm glad : > Uhm... How about Haku? (I'm slightly concerned about the fact I knew who you were talking about with just "mads")

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
02:40 Jun 19, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
16:45 Jun 19, 2022

I could start up the form again-

Reply

Unknown User
19:46 Jun 19, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
01:37 Jun 20, 2022

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kFURYHbAVGvGQLiRLqwfG3kh4tPVXCx97TvVatLzqIo/edit Anyone who wants a potential character added to the ReedsyCast, here's the link ^

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
04:15 Jun 13, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
13:01 Jun 13, 2022

XD Okay, be safe, ly<3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.