4 comments

General

April 5 2005

My mommy bought this cool thing for my birthday today! It's called a jernul or sumthing and is just for me! Mommy says I can write about my day in here but i dont know what to write so i will just put cute stickers of hearts on it! Bye, bye!!

-Mommy's Princess

April 5, 2006

Today was my sixth birthday and I had a cute princess theme party! Some of my friends from school came! Jennie always wears pretty stuff to school and today she came in a dress that was beautifuler than me, but i don't care because i wore my pretty birthday outfit that mommy bought for me! Ashlee also came and she bought me friendship necklace! it was really pretty. my bestest friend in the entire world too! Lindsay came and brought me a heart shaped yummy cake! She's my bestest friend in the entire world!

-Emma

April 5, 2007

Today after my birthday party in class, Mrs. Clarkson who's my teacher, showed the class about a new thingy called a iphone. It's coming out in June. It looks like a rectangle and has so much cool things in it. My favorite thing on it is called itunes and lets you play all types of songs wherever you go! My favorite song is called something too long but sounds like i write sins blah blah blah and is sung by this cool band called panic at the something something, it was kind of a weird word that starts with a D. I want to play it every day if we get an iphone. But i dont want to play it too much because i dont want the band to get tired singing it for me all the time. I wanna get an iphone though! I think it would make mommy feel better so she doesn't think about daddy all the time. Mommy was crying a lot yesterday because that was daddy's birthday, and he went away yesterday too. I wonder when he would come back but mommy said he "passed away", i only remember that we went underground inside a little box, and we all had to wear black, for some reason mommy cried and i cried a little too, he looked like he was sleeping, and i miss him a lot. Maybe when he comes back me, mommy and daddy can play with a new iphone!

 

April 5, 2008

Dear Diary,

If you are wondering why I only write every year on my birthday, I do it because you are my favorite gift ever and I don’t want you to be filled up with too much stories! But anyways, since today is Monday, we had my birthday party yesterday. But it wasn’t too big, I just went to get my favorite food, pizza with my NEW best friend, Ashlee. When I started second grade Lindsay, such an ugly name!, went away from me and hung out with That Kira, ugh Kira is such a mean girl! I dont care if Lindsay likes sports and I like to read, draw and play videogames, but she didnt have to be mean like Kira! But Ashlee, such a pretty name!, likes to read and draw and play videogames! Ashlee is my best friend now!

April 5, 2009

Ashlee told me about this thing called a “vocaloid” at school today and told me that it comes from Japan! Her name is Hatsune Miku and I was wondering if she was in concert so we can both see her, but Ashlee told me that Hatsune Miku is not a real human being, she’s actually a robot that has a “voice”. I knew Mom was right when she said the 2000s were going to be awesome! I listened to some of Hatsune Miku’s songs and they are so good! I really like that Ashlee got me into vocaloid, hopefully Hatsune Miku makes more songs and maybe there might be more “vocaloids” later on!

April 5, 2010

From Ashlee, I got a new Vocaloid videogame! I was wondering where I could play it because I don’t have a playstation, but then Mom bought me a new playstation! This was an amazing birthday and I had a surprise for Mom too! I saved up some money from my birthday and I also from my monthly allowance and I also worked on lawns and sold lemonade during the hot California summers last year, ( I had to do a lot and I had to calm down to not get the brand new encyclopedia, but it was worth it). I got a brand new Iphone 3G for Mom! She was so happy! The first thing she did was transfer a few photos from her old camera and save it into the phone, I was confused at first but then I realized that those pictures were photos of Me, Mommy, and Daddy on our trip to the Bahamas! It was so cool! This was an amazing birthday and It was a great surprise for Mom too! I raised enough money too because I knew that if she bought something expensive , we probably would have to eat Mayo Sandwiches for dinner for a month, so I just saved some extra money just in case.

April 5, 2011

We learned about a war in history class yesterday. My favorite African country ,Sudan, is in Civil War! I guess some people want independence, but what if the secession actually happens? We’ll have to find out more, but if there is a secession, Sudan will never be the largest country in Africa again! I wonder if their Civil War would be the same as when America tried to gain independence from Britain.  I mean there is also a war going on inside our house as well, Mom’s new boyfriend, Erik, is being kind of a jerk to me and her, just yesterday when Mom was mourning over Dad, Erik supposedly got jealous and started yelling at Mom. I didn’t know what half of his words meant, my mom said they were never okay to say to someone, “whore”. I think it means something really mean. But my birthday was better, except Erik trying to make everything about himself.  What a jerk he is.

-Love Emily

April 5, 2012

We didn’t really celebrate my birthday today, Erik enforced many rules to keep Mom and me in check. I’m just happy that Ashlee got to come, we read out of the new encyclopedia and we got to eat some cake! Anime and Vocaloid themed, I’m so glad I got to be Ashlee’s friend, I know she never really had many friends because of her different interests. Erik didn’t like her though, after the cake he called her some names and it really upset her, she’s never comes to my house anymore. Thanks a lot Erik.

-Your friend, Emily

April 5, 2013

Ugh, I don’t know why Mom would just break up with Erik already. He’s causing her to cry a lot by calling her a whore! He comes home drunk everyday and just yells in Mom’s face all the time, he does it a lot to me too but I’d rather everything happen to me than her, she’s lost way too much already. Ashlee and my other weeb friends came again, but like last year, not much was being celebrated. Erik got drunk and threw up all over the table and just yelled at Mom for causing this, seriously? What the hell, and now Ashlee has a bad idea of my family. But, she still is best friends with me. At school, Lindsay tried to make up with me, but i just said no, Ashlee is an amazing friend. Even though she’s my best friend, we have had since become friends with some other anime lovers. We aren’t the most popular but we’re better than the gossip girls and the D&Ders. Just me, Ashlee, Navi ( a boy), Lawrence, Gary, and Liz, just chilling and talking about anime and other general pop culture stuff, it’s a simple, but nice life, but it all changes once we get home. Ugh, Erik makes my life and more importantly Mom’s life a living hell, I just wish Mom would get the courage to break up with him, but I have realized the reason why: We’d probably get more hurt than now, he’d probably go on a rampage on us. Ugh, but the times between Mom and me when I comfort her from crying are the times I look forward most to in the day, no matter the horrible things Erik has done, such as hucking a bottle at my short-lived cat’s face, or just scaring away Mom and my friends when we just want to have coffee and maybe eat some cookies, or when I just want to listen to some vocaloid or some Panic! At the Disco, and he yells and hucks my iphone or Disc player off the wall. No matter what horrible things he has done, I still know I have Mom, and she will always be my life.

 

April 5, 2015

Ok, ok, ok, my arm hurts like hell but I need to tell this to someone. I already phoned EVERYONE in the group, Liz was asleep, her parents make her go to bed really early, Lawrence told me to stay calm before he starts hyperventilating, (typical Lawrence), Navi and Gary both said the same thing, Are you okay? Are YOU okay?, they’ve never met my mom and barely know about Erik’s episodes because around April their parents take a huge family trip (they’re brothers) and never come after school because they go to Kumon, i rarely ever talk about Erik during school because I usually break down into tears at the thought of Mom suffering anymore pain, and Ashlee WAS going to come over to my house to talk me and Mom out, she LOVED us like we were her family, but Erik is on a rampage in the main room throwing bottles everywhere and just wasn’t a safe place for Ashlee to be in the time. But, anyways, Erik literally was on a drunken episode tonight and laid. His. DIRTY. HANDS, on my Mom. She has a bruise on her lip and a black eye. HE BEAT HER WITH A BELT, and started screaming and calling her all these awful names that I don’t even want to recollect, I just don’t know what to do. I’ve been listening to some Hatsune Miku on repeat but it’s not making me feel better. I feel like I should just call the cops on this dirty scumbag. My mom was called into the ambulance and refused to tell details about Erik because she was afraid of him. I’m so scared for my mom’s mental health. I have to stop, I’m hitching a ride onto Lawrence’s car so I can see Mom.

 

April 8, 2015

I know this breaks my yearly streak but I have some wonderful news! Mom broke up with Erik! This makes me so overjoyed, as soon as she got out of the hospital she broke up with Erik on the spot! When she got home, she immediately took all of Erik’s belongings and either burned them in the fire or slammed them in the ground outside the driveway, and locked the doors and windows so the scumbag wouldn’t come in. When I asked if this is true, Mom had the smile that I haven’t seen in years, the first genuine smile, the smile that she had when I gave her her first Iphone, the smile that she had in those photos when we were on the trip to the Bahamas with Dad! The first smile that me and her have both shared in these last years, we smiled and hugged each other and immediately called each of our friends and told them that our house was finally safe, they were ecstatic, but not as ecstatic as us when we found out this living hell was finally over! I’m so happy, I can’t even put this in words! 

 



April 06, 2020 00:01

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Amany Sayed
14:49 Apr 15, 2020

Great story! The idea of it matches the theme perfectly.

Reply

Takora M.
15:54 Apr 15, 2020

Thank you, Amany!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Imogen Bird
00:09 Apr 14, 2020

Oh Man this is great! The development of the writing style as Emma ages, as well as the story is fantastic! I feel like I want to read her April 5th entry every year for the rest of her life to see what happens! Amazing concept to write once a year, Love it all!

Reply

Takora M.
01:20 Apr 14, 2020

Thank you so much for this comment! As a 14 year old aspiring writer, this really make sme feel like I do good stories, thank you Imogen!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.