0 comments

Fiction Kids

Once there lived Sheamus, a ruthless king of a big empire.

His great, brutal army had helped him in conquering any land coming into his way, resulting in extending his empire to far places.

Sheamus called himself “Invincible King” as no one ever defeated him.

Whenever his huge army moved, either the rival kings ran away to save their lives or they had surrendered their monarch to save their people from the merciless Sheamus.

But one day something happened which made this invincible king helpless.

Sheamus’s beloved son Liam got severely ill.

He wasn’t opening his eyes and was struggling for every breath.

Sheamus had never cared for anyone except his son.  

Brutal Sheamus was unexpectedly a good father and loved his son a lot.

But now the only person whom he loved was dying in front of his eyes.

His only son Liam was suffering from an incurable disease.

Sheamus couldn’t watch his son struggling for his every breath.

Sheamus’s wife and queen Ezina blamed Sheamus for all this and said, this was the result of all his sins which came as a curse for their child and believed that the god was punishing him for all his bad deeds he did in his whole life.

After watching his child’s sufferings, Sheamus became insane and more brutal.

He killed every physician of his kingdom as they had failed to cure his dying son.

Soon he ordered his guards to abduct all the best physicians from other kingdoms and present them before him. Later, after four days the guards presented before him twelve best physicians.

They were the most proclaimed physicians from other kingdoms, famous for saving many lives in crisis.

Sheamus said if his son dies, then he will kill every physician and asked if they want to leave this place alive then they had to save his son’s life.

Every physician was given a bag containing all kinds of herbs to prepare any medicine.

Soon these miserable and scared magicians of medicine started preparing something to save Sheamus son’s life as well as their own.

At night they all presented before him some medicines except one physician named, Toby.

Toby didn’t come with any medicine.

King Sheamus got extremely angry to see Toby with empty hands and said,” so you are not interested in saving your life, but don’t think I will give you an easy death”.

“King Shemus I have seen this incurable illness earlier”, Toby replied, “I want to tell you a harsh truth, no medicine prepared by my fellow physicians or anyone is enough to save your son’s life so I felt worthless to prepare anything”.

“Oh! , you know everything about my child’s illness, so tell me where you had seen this disease earlier and what happened to your patient, did he died like my son is dying right now? ”, Sheamus asked in his angry voice.

“No, he survived and right now that patient is standing in front of you”, Toby replied.

“What do you mean? ”, Sheamus asked.

“I was that patient who had suffered this disease when I was a young boy and my father had saved my life”, Toby replied.

“You knew everything about the cure and now you are telling me all this”, Sheamus got very angry at Toby and continued, ”I will take your life right now for your idiotic behavior, just tell me how did your father save your life and where is he now”.

Toby replied, “King Sheamus, my father is no more, but what he did to save me? I think you won’t do that, that is why I thought it worthless to tell you and accepted my fate of death by you”.

Sheamus shouted in his heavy voice, “Don’t try to puzzle me right now, just tell me clearly how your father had saved you otherwise I am barely holding myself to take your life at any moment”.

Toby replied, “King Sheamus I know you will not kill me at least until something happens to your son as I know, right now my life is more valuable after your son”.

“Yes”, Sheamus said, “you are right, this is the reason you are still alive and talking to me but not so long. If one more time you tried to puzzle me, I will take your life right now”.

“I’m not here to puzzle you”, Toby said, ”so you want to know how my father saved my life, then listen he sacrificed his life to save me.

“What sacrifice?” Sheamus asked, but this time in a dull voice, “What are you talking about? Tell me clearly?”.

Toby said, “outside this kingdom in the jungles of Onma, grows rare black mushrooms, which can save your child’s life from this incurable disease”.

Listening to this the king promptly ordered his guards to bring every black looking mushroom present in the jungle.

Toby said, “King Sheamus, wait, I have to tell you something else”.

“I am listening to you”, Sheamus replied, ”what do you want more, just tell me?”.

Toby said, ”King Shemus the rare mushroom only will not save your son but you or the queen.

“As anyone from the blood relation of the patient has to eat that rare mushroom and then has to give some drops of his blood in the ill person’s mouth for five days”.

“But on the sixth day the person who had eaten the mushroom dies because of the poison present in it, but the patient gets cured completely”.

“Oh! So this sacrifice you were talking about”, the King replies to Toby and asks his guards to call the queen.

Toby again elaborated everything to the queen.

Queen Ezina said, “Dear king Shemus have you forgotten, I’m not your child’s actual mother, you had killed his mother many years ago for deceiving you”.

For the first time, the king felt he was not invincible and God was really punishing him for his bad deeds.

He soon ordered his guards to leave everyone and went to Liam’s room.

The abducted physician hurriedly left the place except Toby, who followed Sheamus to his son’s room.

Toby saw him crying, regretting, confessing all his sins and blaming himself for his child’s sufferings.

At night the guards came with those rare black mushrooms.

Sheamus ate those mushrooms and dropped some of his blood to his son’s mouth by cutting his hand.

Liam soon started getting better every day and opened his eyes on the fifth day, but on the sixth-day Shemus died leaving all his great empire for the future king.

Finally, the brutal king got defeated by his own fate, but a good father won.

August 08, 2021 07:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.