It's All In Wonderland

Submitted into Contest #113 in response to: Write about a character whose dreams are portals to other worlds.... view prompt

2 comments

Fantasy Friendship Teens & Young Adult

 Hi, I'm Mila. I'm a 13 year old teen in ninth grade. 

Now, I sounds like a normal human teen and, I am, until something happened that changed my life forever

Keep reading to find out more about me and how things became really weird.

It was a normal day in my high school hallways. Drama,gossip and more.I was on my way to Ms. Smith’s English class and dropping my bff’s (Lila and Lia) off at Mrs. Miller's math class. As I got closer and closer to Ms. Smith’s classroom I wondered more and more what we would be doing that day.

I got to the classroom and sat in my seat until class started.

Class was starting! 

“Take your seats everyone.” Ms. Smith said starting class.

“Get out your papers and pencils because today to March 17th, which is a month from now, we will be writing our own fairy tales. I have some fairy tale’s up by my desk for ideas , but one more thing before i let you guys start, NO COPYWRITING from any fairytales you may use characters and names and places from the book/books that you are using if you use a book be creative and mix some books! Alright you may get started.” Ms.Smith said.

I got out my pencil and paper but had no clue what to write. So, I went up to Ms. Smith’s desk and picked up “Alice and wonderland.” I went back to my desk and started reading.

I finished reading after about forty minutes. Since each period was an hour long we still had about twenty minutes to write, but I STILL did not know what to write! Twenty minutes passed and I still had not written anything on my paper.

“Alright class, time to pick up our time has passed! Make sure you have your name on your paper. I will see you all tomorrow, class dismissed.” Ms.Smith said.

I got out of class and started walking to Lila and Lia’s math class to pick them up so we could go to gym together. *I pick them up and start walking to gym after about 5 minutes we arrive*

Oh goodness. I thought to myself. I saw the stuff for dodgeball, Me and dodgeball are not friends.

“Oof” Lila said to me, seeing the dodgeball stuff.

“Do you think I could just say I am sick and go to the nurses office?” I asked Lila.

“No, you do that every time we play dodgeball!” Lila and Lia said at the same time.

“True.” I replied.

“I guess I'll play this time.” I said.

But I had no clue what was coming for me...

Everyone else in the class starts getting excited, hoping to be on a separate team than their friends so they can make a bet on who will win, as well as me and my two best friends hoping to be on the same team so none of us get severely hurt. OH! Here comes the gym teacher.

“Alright guys today we are going to be playing dodgeball as you can tell by the equipment. I will be separating you all into two teams. Y’all know the rules, let's go single file line but i need two lines. Ms. Kerana, the gym teacher said.

We all get separated into our groups and of course me and Lia are on the same team and Lila is on the other team, UGH! Now I'm really gonna be dead by the end of this game, because me AND Lia are both horrible at dodgeball, Lila is the only one in our friend group that is actually good at dodgeball. *Sigh* I guess I will somehow survive. 

“Class on the count of three start playing.” Ms. Kirani said spilling all the dodgeball’s onto the floor.

“ONE,TWO,THREE GO!” Ms. Kerana said, starting the game.

We start the game and me and Lia hope to goodness we will not die. We start playing and five minutes later I see a LITERAL DODGEBALL COMING AT MY FACE! I tried to dodge but I wasn't fast enough, it hit my head and I passed out onto the floor.

“Do you think she has any lollies?” I heard a little boy say.

“I don’t know, check her pockets.” A little girl said.

Now the weird thing about these voices is that I didn't recognize them. None of them.

I thought it was a dream at first but I opened my eyes and there I was laying on the gym floor with what looked like a class of first graders. They had lollipops stuck to their faces and their hair was very greasy from chips. 

“You saved us!” one of the little girls said.

“Yeah thanks.” a little boy said.

“Wait what?” I asked.

“First of all, how did I even get here? I asked the kids.

The kids shrugged and said,

“We don’t know.” 

“Yeah you just landed here.” One kid said.

Ok, now I was REALLY confused about how I got there and how I saved them.

“OK….So how exactly did I save you?” I asked them.

“When you fell from the sky you squashed the W-W-Wicked Witch of the west who was trying to steal our lollies!” One of the little boys said.

I thought for a moment and I think I’m in the fairytale world!

But how do I get out? I’ll ask the kids how to get out.

“Am I in the fairytale world?” I asked the children.

“Yes, we thought you would know by now.” one of the girls said.

“Do you know any way I can get out and go back to the human world?” I asked them.

“Well the only way is to go to the wizard of odd. But since we are only kids and do not know the way there, go through the forest and to the dance at 9:00 tonight.

“The dance?” I asked.

“Yes, the prince will show you the way.” One girl said.

“OK? But which way is the way to the forest?” I asked.

“Through that door.” A girl replied pointing to the door which looked like a normal gym door.

“Okay?.....” I said, I was very suspicious at this point.

I walked towards the door thinking it was just a door to another room, but no. I opened the door 

and there it was the most beautiful forest ever! I saw deer eating what looked like berries. I saw the way to the three little bears' house where goldilocks stayed and scared them. Wait… the way to the three little bears’ house? I-

 Could it really be the way? The only way is to find out. I followed the trail and there it was the bears’ house. I looked through the windows. I knocked on the door, no reply. But all of the sudden… the door creaked open just a tad bit.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Is anyone home?” I asked once again.

That’s When I saw it, the baby bears’ porridge was gone. The baby bears’ chair was broken, I went upstairs and there right in my eyes goldilocks was sleeping in the baby bears’ bed. But for some reason goldilocks looked more like my best friend Lia than goldilocks….

“Hey! Wake-up!” I said shaking goldilocks

“Who’s there!?” Goldilocks said, scared.

“Open your eyes, it's me!” I said.

“Oh my gosh Alice you scared me!” Goldilocks said.

I looked at my outfit and I did look like Alice from Alice and wonderland.

“What are you talking about? I’m not Alice.” I said

“Oh Dorothy, I’m sorry I always get you and Alice mixed up.” Goldilocks replied.

“NO! I’m not Dorothy or Alice, I'm Mila! And listen, the three little bears will be home soon so we gotta get out of here!” I said.

“The three little bears?” Goldilocks questioned.

“Yes you live in a fairytale world. I have read the fairytale we must get out of here!” I said replying to goldilocks.

“Oh my goodness! Then we really do have to get out of here.!” Goldilocks replied.

“Yes! Let’s go!” I said running.

We get out just as the bears get home.

I looked at my watch and it was ten to 9:00 I remembered what the kids said and I needed to get to the dance!

“Hey, do you know how to get to the dance? I need the prince to take me to the Wizard of Odd! So I can get back to the human world!” I asked.

“Yes! Three lefts then a right and your destination will be on the corner on the right.” Goldilocks replied with the directions.

“Thanks!” I said taking the directions.

I started running since there was only two minutes left until the gates to the dance closed!

I arrived at the dance and ran through the gates. 

I looked everywhere for Prince Nebadia then I spotted him.

“PRINCE NEBADIA!” I called, waving my hand.

I went up to him and got his attention. 

“Prince Nebadia I need you to bring me to the wizard of odd so that I can get back to the human world please!?” I asked him.

“Of course I can, let’s go now so I am back before the end of the dance.” The prince replied.

We start walking to The palace where the wizard stays.

“Okay here we are, just go in there and ask him to transfer you back to the human world but it’s most likely you will have to take a loyalty test which means you have to take a test to make sure you are a good person and loyal.” Prince Nebadia explained. 

“Ok. Thanks!” I replied a bit nervously.

I walked into the castle.

“Hello? Wizard of odd, are you here?” I asked.

“Yes? Hello, who is there?” the wizard asked.

The wizard started walking towards me.

“Ahh hello fellow child. Are you here to get back to the human world?” The wizard asked.

“Yes I am.” I replied.

“Ok, come with me, you will be taking a loyalty test before you will be sent back to the human world. If you don’t pass you will spend the rest of your life in fairytale world.” He said.

“OK.” I said.

 I started the test and the questions were so very easy.

1/3You find a wallet with 3 million dollars in it, what do you do?

A.) keep it

B.) turn it in to the police

I circled B

2/3 you find a winning lottery ticket and you know who the owner is. What do you do?

A.) return it

B.) keep it

I circled A.

3/3 Who is the best wizard in fairytale world?

A.) The wizard of odd

B.) The wizard of Oz.

Haha can’t fool me. I circled A obviously.

I went and gave the wizard my test.

“Good job Child, you will be sent back to the human world.” He said.

“Wait really!? Oh my gosh!” I replied.

“Yes. let me do the spell stand still. Wonderland, do your magic let the child go back to the human world.” he said

I opened my eyes and, BAM there I was in my normal world on the gym floor with everyone looking over me.

“Mila! Are you ok?” Lia asked.

“Yes I just need some time to think about what just happened. See you guys tomorrow.” I said.

“Oh ok” Lia said.

I ran home because I needed to write all this down before I forgot!

I got home and ran up to my room. I wrote it all down until..

“Dinners ready!” Mom called.

“I’ll be down in a second, I’m doing really important homework.” I replied.

“Alright take your time, don't rush, you can always heat it up, it's only spaghetti.” Mom said.

“OK I am almost done.” I said not even halfway done.

There, I finished what I was writing and went down to eat dinner. It was the craziest day ever!

I finished dinner and I was super tired. So I went upstairs and took a shower after I finished I turned my lights out and went to sleep.

September 27, 2021 01:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

21:56 Feb 11, 2022

??

Reply

Show 0 replies
Khushbu Jiwani
18:40 Nov 19, 2021

i am khushbu.jiwani and i am 13 years old i am in 7th grade

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.