2 comments

General

The cracking of fire wood at campsite and the buzzing sounds of cricket's made me feel like home. It was black sky no stars could be seen ,I hadn't smelled this everything form long back ago .Never the less, I got the chance to hunt down the liger with the help of 15 warrior's ,I would be to struck the spear and win the tittle of new king ,Not to mention ,rana is also to into this completion but I had an nasty smell about him.

Everyone were in there hut's snoring. I remember my word to anika ,"that I would come back by winning and to become her's king" .We tired at tonight followed the foot mark of animal but we lost the track ,we checked the trap but nothing got stuck . We headed back in disappointment and feeling good about the other team and not got yet. It was long ago when we had left our village .I could remember the word's clearly ,"Whoever choose to become next king of village should hunt down liger group".It was tradition to hunt and become king . I went back the tent making plans about tomorrow and dreaming of sitting on thrown .

The next day we did our routine to collect food,water ,wood the jungle was plenty big and dense ,I could see clearly ancient trees lashes of leaves,moist and different types of insect's and ant's lingering over leaves .

We made our plan for day ,we had only 1 month to kill the liger ,as it say's in task .Then it was midnight we were searching through trees ,bushes,shrub's

The dark cloud's started to appear and lighting began ,it shook everyone of us we retreated .

Soon enough the group of liger in front of us ,it was raining heavily our,firepot's not in good condition. Liger's were moving slowly from distant the were tall lion and evil looking eyes as they understood our intention's but soon enough a arrow missed the liger right paw and many other Arrow's appeared with striking in that chaos we faced our back and started to run ,I know definitely it was the other group who had attack taking advantage of the situation. I sprinted fast,though falling twice and got injured while doing so and split apart from company.

Though I had came far sweaty and scars covering every inch of body, thirsty and pain twisted me in the sleep making me half blind for moment,I kept supporting on my spear . I step one foot forward and suddenly someone heavy big thing from my right pushed me to side and I got fainted

When I open my eyes ,some type of cave in which different types of bones,and dead animal's could be seen in the light falling form far end ,I could not move ,I looked over my body somebody had applied greenish thing which must be medicanal. A sudden roar came from far end from which light was falling ,I looked at the end with horror stuck,no doubt this was liger But cannot move the sound grew louder and louder and then in sudden ,"How do you feel?" Spoke the big body ."can you speak? " I forced word's out from mouth though my mouth was half open until the answer came, "yes" ,it's no wonder some noble man gifted me this special abilities long back ago, so how do you feel?" Spoked with more deeper voice and high pitch sound ."healthy, I said not worry " as soon the word's came out I regretted it .

"But why do you saved me you should just eat me,right?" Said I ."No, I cannot to do that sin ,not in my dream's you are our saviour " spoked liger and seated himself in front of me ."What I am your's saviour! " is the liger got hurt himself or he has just drunk something I kept wondering, why me but? He spoked ," I know you must be thinking wired thing's,How an liger speak with me such stupid,thing's right?"I nodded silently. He continued "It was many year's ago,a man gave me this power and lived in this jungle ,I think he was a living god of forest he gave me name Linda. He was wise one and told me the story of God's and monster's and about the souls .

He then died of age but told me complete the quest ,one day you meet a man under the dark sky his eyes would appear blue ,he would be our true saviour. As you know I saw that blue glow in our eyes but you were heading to the trap which had been put by Rana, I know his try from last seven year's to he king suppose he would failed this time .

I looked at him everything in flash memory going through me but suddenly he stood and said ,"I had limit to speak 1 hour per day after that I am a common liger so,I have to save it" .

The next day was bright and I was healthy enough to walk and eat I came and sat beside Linda, "but I really don't know how to save you and from what "?

Spoked I ." YOU NEED TO FIND YOURSELF, first then only you could understand the troubles which we are facing" spoked linda in low voice ."what do you mean by find yourself?" Spoked in confused way ."You need to find truth about you and all the human community, everything you do around jungle ,killing, mass murdering of rineors and other animals you should rethink of our every act and find statifactiory answer to the all living creatures, Tell me one thing which of the king has included the term right of animal's don't you thing human's are just dominating the land?, which mother had gifted everyone to us .

But who cares about filthy animal's which doesn't have brains and just they go around and kill human's believe we don't kill for any reason" .

It was a long pause and silence in the cave .But I believe in Judgment of your's. I swallowed it, too uncomfortable! ,nobody in the world had made this kind of statement and nobody had ever thought of it .

Linda spoked ,"humans are using the resource's of our forest means our food if you steal our food then this would be dangerous as you know what happened.It started with the law which had been made back 10 year's ago the decision of exploiting forest for the own greed".

It was the last word which I heard from linda that night he got out and never came back agian ,I was fit and then started to search for him at afternoon I heard noises of man's singing and dancing, It was my lot gathering and looked horred stuck and but happen to please to see me back .But before finishing every question they asked ,I turn my head to the gathering I crashed down and started cry out aloud as if someone had took my throat out of my body and spinsed me too the bottom to top .

Linda looked dead the big liger and been cold dead!Everything went flashing back everything he cared about me,How he saved me ,took me as family not enemy .My first thought was to kill every perosn who had made happen to kill linda.

But then a second thought can into my mind. We were present at king's court ready to announce next king my name came out and rorared of happiness, felt Into the the village but there were two people unhappy about me and rana both by some different reason.

It had been two year's seen my outh of king and anika as queen,as sson as I become king I changed the rule to become next king opposing was strong but after long fight it got passed today and I kept my promise and found my true self inside me .Though I had dream's of linda .I told everything to anika about the journey she was too happy about decision and I would make progress toward's right of animal's

"But still I would leave with the burden of not saving linda .This would haunt me entire life".

"It's worth nothing of your knowledge if it doesn't help's nature "

May 13, 2020 08:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

18:19 May 23, 2020

Thank's, for reply I would surely want some suggestion as , how to improve my grammar

Reply

Show 0 replies
Madisson James
10:03 May 23, 2020

Interesting story. Though i stumble through the grammar, it invokes a feeling like the accent is intended in the story. It makes it intriguing.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.