A Typical Day of a Man

Submitted into Contest #105 in response to: Write your story from the perspective of a side character.... view prompt

0 comments

Coming of Age Contemporary Friendship

I have been looking at this boy for a while now. I always follow him to everywhere in the city. How is he doing? Would he notice me spying around him?

He always gets up in the morning at six o’clock in the morning. First he would made his bed as usual, like those old time when he was serving in the Army. He always says, making one’s bed is the most important task to start the day, because finish making a bed, means that you have finished a task before you actually start the day. Even if you failed the day, or had a terrible day, at the end of the day, you could still go back home, with a bed that is made, by yourself. He always considers making a bed could encourage a person to work better during the day. After making the bed, he would go to bathroom and start arranging his soft hair thread by thread with a comb. Just look at him arranging his beautiful hair with his fingers, what a gorgeous Man right there. After brushing his teeth and sober up his sleepy face, he would go back to his bedroom and get dressed up with his favourite color of day. “Definitely not green,” he said, when I was asking him what’s his favourite color. He said he has been wearing army green his entire life, he doesn’t want to wear green in normal days for sure. He is always so adorable.

After getting dressed up, he would make his coffee in the kitchen with his favourite coffee beans that he purchased from Walmart. With his favourite coffee mug, he smells the aromatic scent from it in the air, then opens up his computer and cellphone, to text his morning greeting to his favourite sweetheart, “Good morning beautiful girl, how was your sleep?” He is always a sweet boy to her. Every morning, at six thirty sharp, he would always remember texting her then check her moments that she posted in her blog. She has always been writing love poetries for him, describing their life within the lines of poetries.

I often got seriously injured,

and your gentle care

rebuilds my primary structure.

I often got severely damaged,

and your mild comfort

pulls me out of wreckage.

I often got ultimately hurt,

and your tender support

tastes like strawberry yogurt.

I often got terribly harmed,

and your selfless compassion

always offers me your arms.

“There she wrote,” he thinks. The first big thing he would start the day is to check her moments. He said this could always bring a smile to his face and make his day brighter. After checking her poetries, he would start reading his favourite newspaper. National Post, The Star, The Sun and CP24. He was a politician, and he said keeping himself update is the most essential part of his career. He has always been so updated. When he was a computer science professor at college, he always said he had to research everyday, fixing the syllabus and amending the curriculum to make sure the course was delivered perfectly. He has always been a responsible teacher and always quality guaranteed. “Knowing more can make you be calm among different situations,” he always says. He always likes studying and reading, while having a very outgoing character inside his body. He would always carry a book in his pocket even when he was in the battlefield when he was a soldier. He said, as a soldier there was a lot of gaps with which you couldn’t really do much but read something. He had to be feeling useful and always doing something to have a sense of existence, he said. What a diligent Man.

He then goes to make his breakfast at nine o’clock. Today his breakfast is oatmeal and banana, plus some berries on top with milk. He said, he wants to go back to his army weight and watching his waistline, he has been doing keto diet for a while and he lost twenty pounds, he said proudly. I am truly happy for him and feeling jealous at the same time. How I wish I could have his determined mind and always never gives up on his goal. What an excellent soldier.

After that, he would go out for his run. He has been running for a while, and he always runs to his favourite store, Canadian Tires, which is around his neighbourhood. He would run there and check out if there are some useful tools for this favourite boat, which he built for himself piece by piece. He was very proud of his boat. He always seems like a little boy never growing up. He would wander in the store for around half an hour, and then run back to his home to get rest. “I am sweating like a pig,” he always laughs at himself. “No, my love, you are not a pig, you are an Angel,” his Darling would say this to him. This could always melt his heart. She has always been feeling very funny to see a tough soldier become so gentle and mild in front of her. He is such a gentle Giant.

At around noon, he would make himself a quick lunch, which includes some white fish and some vegetables. He doesn’t really like eating lunch and sometimes he even forgets to have lunch if he was working on something he really loves. After lunch, he goes back to his computer and starts the zoom meeting with his army buddies. They are planning a trip to Cyprus, where they fought for peace and liberation of the country back in the years. They have been doing surveys and contacting with other soldiers to make sure this plan is going smoothly. He always has something to do during the day, and he never disappoints people if he determined to do something. He can always do something well and no wonder so many people just love him so dearly.

At eight o’clock sharp, he would turn on the television and watches his favourite policeman series show. He used to a policeman, so he said this reminds him those happy moments as a police officer. He has always been having fun saving lives, he said.

Finally, after everything, at the end of the day, he would go back to his bed that he made this morning, and kisses good night to her Darling who has always been waiting for him every night, then in the pure light of the moon, he falls asleep with a gentle smile on his face.  

August 01, 2021 15:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.