My story is entitled how a Fortune teller works in his parlor.

Written in response to: Set your story in an oracle or a fortune teller’s parlor.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled How a Fortune teller works in his parlor.

Once upon a time, Fortune tellers were noted as people who claim to see in the future. Also Fortune tellers sometimes claim to see the destiny of almost everybody including both the male and female individuals. The Fortune tellers are known as soothsayers , clairvoyant and prophets.

Also among other abilities of the soothsayers or Fortune tellers are the oracle,augaur and the visionary.

The Fortune tellers always knows what actually to predict. Whenever the Fortune teller tells the futures they know what they want to predict in life.

The Fortune teller easily predicts the future of an individual within a twinkle of an eye. Sometimes it is the Fortune teller that easily predicts the destiny and life of an individual and what he can also become in the near future entirely.

Most people trust the Fortune teller in informing or predicting other people of the community about their future and the destiny ahead of them.

The Fortune teller works in his parlor by having the person who's fortune is being was being told to choose a colour from the ones labeled on the outer folds.

The operator of the Fortune teller then spells out that colour by moving the sides in and out in a pinch and pull motion.

In addition Fortune telling is the practice of predicting information about a person's life.

The scope of fortune telling is in principle identical with the practice of divination.

Divination is the term used for some sort of predictions considered part of a religious ritual , invoking deities or spirits ,while the term fortune telling implies a less serious or formal setting ,even one of popular culture where the belief in occult workings behind the prediction is less prominent than the concept of suggestion, spiritual or practical advisory or affirmation.

The example of divination or Fortune telling is purely an item of pop culture with little or not vestiges of belief in the occult.

Again Fortune telling is based on magical thinking and some sort of superstition. It is only superstition that helps to predict and determine a persons future and the destiny of other individuals within the community.

It can be noted that without the help of the Fortune teller one can not know his or her destiny likewise predict what will happen in the near future.

Some of the common methods used for Fortune telling in Europe and America include Astromancy, Pendulum reading ,Cartomancy -fortune telling with cards and chiromancy , palmistry that is the reading of the palm.

The reading of the palm termed as palmistry often used by old ladies Fortune tellers easily predicts the future of individuals including their destiny on earth entirely.

Again rumours has it that without the help of Fortune tellers America and other European countries would not have developed by now.

These Fortune tellers help in developing some countries including America ,they assist not only in predicting the future but making individuals wealthy.

In addition another form of fortune telling which sometimes occurs in the parlor is called Reading or Spiritual consultation.

The practitioner gives the client advice and some sort of predictions which are known to have come from spirits or visions.

Again it is only the practitioner that gives the client advice that are meant to have come from spirits and other visions.

In the parlor of the Fortune teller some Western fortune tellers typically attempt predictions on matters such as future romantic , financial and other child bearing prospects.

Other Fortune tellers will also give some character readings.

These character readings helps the Fortune teller to predict the future and other destinies of some prominent people of society.

They may use numerology , graphology , palmistry and astrology.

These methods such as numerology , graphology , palmistry and astrology may help predict the future of individuals and the destinies of people within the community at large.

As can be noted in contemporary Western culture it appears that women consult Fortune tellers more than men in order to predict their future and destiny.

Fortune telling in the parlor is often based on magical thinking and some sort of superstition.

The Skeptic Bergen Evans suggested that Fortune telling is mainly as a result of the naive selection of something that have happened from the mass of things that haven't.

The clever interpretation of ambiguities or a brazen announcement of the inevitable.

Some other skeptics claim that Fortune telling is nothing more than cold reading.

It is noted that a large amount of fraud occurs mainly during the practice of fortune telling within the country.

There are instances where Fortune telling helps an individual to become rich and wealthy.

The Fortune teller sometimes assists in child birth and promises and assures barren women and impotent men that in the near future they will have children or babies when the abide by his rules.

As noted Fortune telling occurs through various methods such as psychic reading and tarot cards.

This method of psychic reading is being used by most individuals in television theater acts in order to raise money for the orphanage and the deprived of society.

The methods are based on random phenomena.

Some people believe that images displayed on tarot cards have some significant meanings on their lives.

The stars will also have implications in our lives.

Finally in the parlor , Fortune telling readings and some predictions made by horoscopes for example are often general enough to apply to anyone.

Lastly readers often begin by stating general descriptions and continuing to make specifics based on the reactions they receive from the person whose life they are predicting.

However the tendency for people to deem general descriptions as being representatives to themselves has been termed the Barnum effect and has been studied by some psychologists for many years.

Fortune telling in the parlor continues to actually become popular around the world.

Again there are many reasons for the appealing nature of Fortune telling such as that people often experience stress when ever there are issues of uncertainty and this seeks to gain deeper insight into their lives.

June 27, 2022 06:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.