Dear Juniper.

Written in response to: Format your story in the style of diary entries.... view prompt

0 comments

Bedtime

(I wrote a journal every day last year for as long as I possibly could. I found that some of my experiences were worth sharing here with you guys! I hope you all enjoy some of my letters to my actual journal. Oh yeah, the journal was a gift, so thank you to my scoutmaster for giving it to me.)

Date: 9/12/2021. Dear Juniper,

Today was a good day. We went shopping right away this morning. Once we were back, we built the shelves we bought and the dresser. It went into my dad's office. We will at some point have to go back, but for now, my dad has a nice new office look and feel. While they were building (my mom and dad were building,) I was coloring the boxes the wood came in. We threw all of the boxes out, but it was fun to color the boxes while they lasted. Meanwhile, I also realized we got to go swimming! Not for very long, but for a good amount of time. I got to have steak, potatoes, veggies, and salad. I liked it all. The potatoes were not as good as they were last time my mom made them. These were not as cooked. But we didn't mention that to my mom.

At any rate, I also realized that tomorrow will be my first full day of seventh grade. I will get my physical education locker tomorrow as well. I already have my regular one, and I've already been in the gymnasium. Just not the locker room. I got a purple lock from Lowe's today, and I am very happy about it. The only purple one in the store. I've decided I most definitely want wireless headphones for my birthday or Christmas. My mom wants a Dyson Air Wrap and my dad wants wireless headphones too. Except, he wants him so he can mow our lawn with them on. That way he can listen to his music and not deal with the noise of the mower at the same time. My mom made us try to guess what she wanted.

She had a big smile on her face and somehow I figured out exactly what she wanted in one guess. She pointed at me and nodded her head at my father. They are expensive, but my mom deserves to have one. She doesn't want anything else. I met a new friend the other day. We were waiting to get into the school in line. I was just standing there waiting. He came up to me. As it turns out, we were in a club together last year. We have five classes together. That means only three we aren't together. My calligraphy is fantastic now. The pen is phenomenal and I love how old and rustic it feels. The nib, or the point of the pen, just pulls it all together. Just gorgeous. I would have paid for the kit just for the pen, ink, and nibs. Phenomenal.

As for my dad, he is doing great. His new job is beginning tomorrow and has another doctor's appointment. His blood pressure is a bit high. It runs in the family I suppose. I am getting quite tired, and I still want to read a bit before I go to bed. Good night!

(About a month later. I chose to make two and both random to keep it interesting.)

10/12/2021. Dear Juniper,

Today was a day. I had first gone back to bed last night because I was still tired. When I did wake up, I had breakfast pizza and wore a lovely white dress. Breakfast pizza is a real treat. The store almost never has it, so when my mom buys it for us, we are super excited and savor each and every bite. I originally was going to wear my white sweater, but it was too monochrome. My mom said that, and then I agreed. So I wore a light pink one with my light pink boots. I then went to school. I then had no choice but to talk to my old writing partner in the library. We are no longer writing partners for many reasons. I have made a good friend who's in the theater with me. They told me their opinions on what happened. Their opinions helped me come up with mine.

As for homeroom, I took part in the respect week thing, expecting a shout-out on the outer come. I instead got candy. Much better than embarrassment. I got a prize for being bored and doing this thing. I then got 100% on my science quiz, and originally I was hoping to get only one or two wrong. I would be fine with that because my science teacher rounds up our grades for quizzes. If you get a 91% or more, she gives you a 100%. I proceeded to get a Lexile score of 1,285 on my Lexile while I was barely trying. It's considered above average. I had fun playing the violin. Overall, the school was great.

I got my flu shot today, and a slushie afterward. The slushie was far better than the shot. I had an interesting dinner. My math teacher has been instructed that we have to do forty-five minutes of Imagine Math a week now. I think he should make us, but he says one lesson will do. If he feels heat from above him, he'll make us. But until then we're going to be like this. I got my Halloween costume today. It's very cute. Halloween this year is on a Sunday. Last year's Halloween wasn't perfect. We just stayed in and watched a Halloween movie. We had chocolate-dipped apples. We made them in the morning and ate them at night. We did dress up for my dad. He had an office meeting. That was the week before Halloween I think.

My mom also got a new costume this year. The one she wore for the meeting got melted from having to be in the attic in the hot summer. So she got a new one. The last time we really dressed up I was in fifth grade and I was Captain Marvel. It was epic. Although, a lot of other girls were Captain Marvel too. Oh well. I am tired, and I want to rest for tomorrow. Sleep well! Good night!

March 31, 2022 14:16

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.