Initiation of an imposter

Submitted into Contest #55 in response to: Write a story about a meeting of a secret society.... view prompt

0 comments

Mystery

“1:15 am, 50 meters east of the river, across the bank from the old willow tree. Come alone.” The message had been hastily scrawled on a torn piece of paper.


Four hours. Alice thought to herself. She glanced in the mirror at her square jaw and shaved head and felt confident. I can do this.

At exactly 12:15 am, Alice taped her chest flat, applied a fake goatee and penciled in her eyebrows. She put on the brown cloak and hood that had been left with the note at the park and slipped into her hiking boots.


After a short drive to the river, Alice parked and unloaded her kayak and paddle and climbed in. It was faster to take the kayak than to drive all the way downstream to the bridge. Alice began paddling up stream to the location of the willow tree with the light of the full moon guiding her.


As she paddled, a rush of fear passed over her. What if I can’t do this? She asked herself. Everyone is going to know. Why am I even trying to be part of a men’s secret society? Alice’s muscular arms continued moving her upstream as she managed her nerves. She had always been a curious person, but this really was going too far.


As soon as she saw the willow tree she pulled to the opposite bank and gracefully stepped out of the kayak. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, enjoying the fresh smells of the heavily wooded forest around her.


They could be watching me, let me give them a show. She grunted a manly grunt as she lifted the kayak and tucked it behind a large bush with her paddle. She backed up to the shore of the river and began counting her steps.


She arrived at 50 meters east of the river and saw nothing. What am I looking for? She glanced around, looking for some sign of life but finding none.


“Psst.” A voice called to her from the shadows. The moonlight was partially blocked by large trees and much of the space ahead of her was hidden in the darkness.


“Yes?” Alice said in a deep voice.


“Are you Al?” The voice whispered.


“Yeah.” She answered back gruffly.


The bushes suddenly opened and revealed a long and narrow stone staircase, in the middle of the forest, leading down into a dark opening. A man in a royal blue robe and hood was standing there to welcome her.


“This way.” He pointed down the stairs, his face hidden by the hood.


Alice felt a surge of nervousness as the man motioned for her to go first. What am I doing? She began descending the stairs in front of the man as she heard the bushes snap closed behind them.


After a set of stairs, the staircase took a sharp right turn and descended deeper into the ground, stone walls lining the entire way. This happened approximately four more times until Alice was confused which way she was facing. They finally arrived at the bottom of the stairs into a square stone room with a ceiling that was so high it ascended into darkness. There were torches lighting each of the four corners of the room.


On the stone floor there was a large triangle painted in gold, decorated on each side with a drawing of an animal; an owl on one side, a rabbit on another and a bear on the last. It said in cursive writing, "The animal order, wisdom, sex and strength." The man pointed Alice to the middle of the triangle with a grunt and she followed his direction. The perimeter of the square room was packed with Members of the Animal Order. They stood two rows deep in their royal blue robes with only one spot missing. Immediately upon their arrival, Alice's guide occupied the vacancy.


“Albert Henry, do you know why you are here?” A booming voice asked as the members parted and a man in a full black cloak and hood entered the room. He stopped approximately two meters from Alice, just outside the triangle as she occupied the space within.


“I believe that the Animal Order has selected me to be the next member.”


“Correct. This is quite the honor and we take our nominations very seriously. Do you have anything to say?” The man asks, keeping his face hidden by the shadow of his hood.


“Thank you for the honor.” Alice pauses and takes a deep breath. "Why me? I don’t even know what the Animal Order does.”


“Will the nominator of Albert Henry please step forward?” In the first row of members, behind Alice, someone takes three steps forward. She turns quickly to watch him. “Remove your hood please.” The man’s hood slides back, revealing his face and malicious grin. In that moment Alice knows she should not be there.


“William!” Alice says, noting that her previously disguised voice had slipped out an octave higher.


“Why did you nominate Albert, Member William?”


“Al is the strongest man I know, Master. If anyone should be in a the Animal Order, it should be he- er-him.” William stutters.


“Excellent, thank you Member William. To answer your second question, Albert, we are Members of the Animal Order. We honor three values, wisdom – hence, the owl, sex – this is the rabbit, and strength –represented by the bear.” He gestures at the triangle. “Now, to show that you also believe in these values and agree to live by them, you must go through a three part initiation ceremony, all lead by your nominator, William. If you do not pass, you will be fed to our pigs."


Fear gripped Alice, but she did her best not to show this. She knew that if her ex-boyfriend had nominated her, this was not going to be good for her and she began to plan her exit strategies. She saw the members start to close in around her and began to feel claustrophobic.


“You will now be blindfolded and tied up.”


Immediately after this statement, Alice felt a rough piece of fabric slip over her eyes and her hands were forced back as two members zip-tied her hands together.


Oh my fucking god. I have to get out of here.


“Excuse me-“ She started, trying not to let the terror slip out in her tone.


At that moment she was pushed to her knees and felt something hot nearing her face. With a whack, a hard yet smooth object hit Alice across the face.


The members murmured their approval. She was whacked again. One second later, the same item was being shoved into her mouth and she knew immediately what was happening. This was William’s penis.


Alice froze as an icy feeling gripped her. She sat there for a moment as she came out of her shock. Do I bite it? Would they immediately kill me?


The master spoke up “As a strong man, Al, you may want to punish the cock that is being pushed down your throat. This is where wisdom comes in. If you are wise, you will wrangle your emotions and accept your fate. Once you have passed this test, you will get naked and we’ll test our other two values.”


William proceeded to shove his short, chubby penis deeper into Alice’s mouth. He whispered in her ear, “I told you I’d fuck your throat again, you fucking bitch.”


In that moment, Alice knew what she had to do. Fuck you, William! She thought as she opened wide and bit down as hard as she could.

August 19, 2020 07:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.