14 comments

Gay Romance Creative Nonfiction

CW: Language, and teenagers(specifically high school sophomores in America)

Rivinian's P.O.V

----------------------------

"He was so pretty!" I say suddenly, a dreamy look on my face. All of them burst out laughing then.  oon, the laughter died down and I started: "So- Eli.." I continued, dramatically swinging his head to look at the ultimate senior. "Truth or dare?" Eli hummed to himself…

I leaned against the door of my bedroom taking a deep breath. I pulled out my gold pocket watch, checking the time. I gulped, not liking how dry my throat was. How excitedly nervous I was. How close it was to three thirty. I carefully slide my pocket watch back into my pocket, making sure its chain hung out of my pocket. I bit my lip quickly and quietly making my way to my bathroom. I looked into the mirror and immediately I adjusted the collar of my white button up.

My jaw clenched from nerves. I adjusted the small black thin lace choker, the one you'd find at Claire's. I unbuttoned the top two buttons revealing a bit of the base of my neck. I tucked my shirt in more only to slowly tug it out, adjusting it to make it look less clean. I scanned the counter before grabbing my circle wire framed glasses with tinted gray glass. The wire was gold, meaning it would attract attention to the pocket watch chain. 

I glanced at my pants, they were a dark gray, and while they weren't black, I knew they'd attract attention to my neck. I inhaled deeply again, messing up my hair. I made it part to the side, making some of it hang over my glasses. I felt myself scratch my hand, and at that moment I knew it was time to leave my appearance alone. 

So quickly, I made my way out of my room, walking to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass from the cupboard filling it to the top with water before chugging it. I closed my eyes and deeply inhaled. My throat was still dry. Do I need more water? Or is it nerves? I wondered to myself, I didn't know. Thus, I filled the glass again. And again. And again. Then, of course, I had to pee. Like, a lot. 

I used the bathroom, spending yet another ten minutes fixing my appearance before I decided to quit. I bit my lip, thinking about him. We've kissed already.. But it was before we were together.. I folded my arms nervously, leaving my bathroom once more. Did that mean anything? What would happen tonight? I questioned, pulling out my pocket watch. An hour til he would pick me up. I bounced on my feet a little. 

Is it possible to want to vomit.. But feel so good? I thought as I opened the door. I decided I would wait outside for him. I looked up at the clear sky, closing the door behind me. I walked over to the little swinging seat set up, sitting down. I leaned back, swallowing down my nerves. 

After a little, I slowly started to swing my legs, gaining speed a little quicker than usual. I smiled a little. The nerves were fueling me, I realized with a tiny chuckle. I take a deep breath of the fresh air, inhaling the smell of pine trees and the flowers in my mother's garden. My eyes end up closing, a smile on my face. It's so peaceful..

I inhaled sharply, eyes flying open. I sat forward quickly, slapping the arms away from me. "Shit- Ky!" A small yet rough voice laughed. My eyes widen and I look towards the voice. I felt my breath disappear, making me cough a little.

"I apologize. I wasn't expecting that." I reply with a nervous smile, standing up. He rolled his eyes, a hint of a smile in his eyes. He shoves his hands into his pockets.

"Whatever, nerd." He comments. I smiled seeing one slowly creep up on his face. "Let's go." He says, nodding towards the driveway. I nod, following after him. I pause.

"Since when did you get a-" He rose a brow, giving me a look. "What?" 

"We're sixteen, Ky." He replies. "We can get cars and all that, remember?" He reminds me with a small smile. I mentally smack myself.

"Right, I apologize-" He waves his hand in the shoo-ing motion telling me not to worry about it. I smile.

The two of us made the way down the driveway and instantly I remembered the first day he came to pick me up for one of our dates. It was a few years ago, and my father was working on something in the driveway. I don't remember exactly how it went down, but it ended up scaring the shiza out of Rex, making him park on the side of the road instead of the driveway. My mother and I still find it funny, considering he was riding a two seat bike and not some vehicle. 

I let out a sigh like laugh as he opened the passenger door for me. "Thank you boo." I say softly, climbing in. His eyes sparkled and while he said nothing, closing the door for me.. I heard his voice say 'Of course nerd.' I buckle up, shifting my weight a little. I never expected him to buy a Jeep. I looked up, noticing he didn't have the cover on. "You think it's not going to rain?"

"It's Washington." He says with a short laugh, getting into the car. "She does whatever the fuck she wants." I nod with a little huff like laugh.

"That's true." He hums in response, starting the Jeep. I lean back into the seat, staring at the sky as he started driving.

"Any song preference?" The ravenette asked. 

"Nope." I replied with a tiny smile. He tilted his head a little to look at me.

"Ky.. Come on." 

"I don't know." I reply with a shrug.

"Kyyyy." He whines. I laugh looking at him. I felt my heart toss around in my chest. His fluffy curly black hair, shaved a little at the base of his skull, an inch or two up. His pale skin and freckles dotting his adorable little cheeks.. I inhale deeply letting out a long sigh. He was the complete opposite of me, aesthetically. He wore spiked chokers, graceful mascara, chains, white shirts and fishnet tops, plaid pants with obnoxious colors, huge fucking platforms too. 

I shake my head turning to face out the window hearing a laugh. "Oh, what's wrong hun?" He asks, his voice low. I bite my lip, very thankful he couldn't see my face. I knew it was red- I was caught looking.

"Nothing."

"Aw," He says with a small laugh. I stifled one feeling him poke my side. "Do you like what you see?" I look at him, only to be able to watch where I slap.

"Staph!" I say smiling. He chuckles.

"Only if you want me too, hun." He says softly, ruffling my hair. I blink, pulling back. I bit my lip again, burrowing into my seat a little. He chuckles again and my heart lurched.

"Fuck you…" I mutter. 

"You wish." My eyes widen and I opened my mouth only to sound like a fish out of water. 

"I- hey!- That-" He chuckles, ruffling my hair again. 

"Don't worry hun." He says smiling at me. "It's okay, I'll be here." He smirks. I clench my jaw, cheeks growing redder.

"Shut up." I mumble looking out the window again.

"Alri-" He paused. I raise a brow looking at him in confusion.

"What's wr-" I stopped too, feeling it slowly fall down. Within seconds the impact grew and grew.

"Shit." He hissed just as I groaned. He turned into a random parking lot, making me take note of our surroundings. We were in the Jack In The Box parking lot near one of the popular high schools. I face myself, watching Rex as he got out of the car making his way to the trunk. He grabbed the tarp top. "Babe- can you help?" He asks. I automatically unbuckle.

"Yeah, sure." I answer, getting out of the car to help him. 

The two of us climb back into the car, and Rex lets out a long heavy sigh. I tilt my head looking at him. "What's wrong babes?" I ask, brows scrunching up. He looks at me. I felt my heart tighten a little seeing the tinge of sadness in his eyes.

"I was going to take you to a place in the mountains.. For a picnic." He bit his lip, eyeing the radio. I frown seeing his eyes shimmer. I remember him saying he preferred picnics in the mountains- when it was bright and not rainy out. I sigh softly, laying down on the seats, head in his lap. I look up at him with a small smile. I poke his nose, making him blink a few times, inhaling sharply. I lean forward, kissing his lips before plopping back down. 

"Anywhere with you is paradise, Rex." I whisper. I couldn't help but smile a bit sadly feeling the tears dot onto my face. I raise my hands to his face, wiping those away. "Hey.. It's okay." I say softly. He closes his eyes, leaning down, hovering his head above mine. I felt tears well up a little and curse him with a small smile. I kiss his forehead before sliding out from beneath him, buckling back up. "Come on, drive." I say looking at him. He looks up, a little confused. 

He rose a brow. I gave him a look. "The car's not going to drive itself." I say motioning to the steering wheel.

"Okay.. Where do you want to go?" He asks slowly. I look forward, eyes narrowing. "You haven't thought about that, did you?" He asks, a tiny bit of humor in his voice. 

"Honestly, no." I reply with a tiny chuckle. From the corner of my eye I saw him playfully roll his eyes. He sat there for a moment, thinking.

"What sounds good..?" He whispered, wondering aloud. I shrugged, and thus the two of us sat there for quite a bit. I watched him as he thought about where to go, loosing myself in his tree like eyes. Dark and calming, mysterious and magical.  

I rose a brow seeing a lightbulb appear inside him. "Oh? What is it?" I asked. He bit his lip and his face scrunched up as he slowly looked at me. I sigh heavily, whatever he was thinking of, he thought I wasn't going to like it. "Rex- it's you." I say, offering him a kind smile. "What is it?" He glances at the road. I blink. Is he… Is he nervous? I reel back, surprised. "Rex.. You good?" He lets out a small huff, muttering something.

"Babes, you're gonna have to speak up a bit." I say with a tiny chuckle. He sighs turning to face out his glassless window. "Louder than that." His shoulders drop.

"Can we go for a drive… And go to.. Ya know.." He eyes the steering wheel. I deadpan.

"Babes.. We've been dating for a long time.. But I can't memorize every new place you've found." I say smiling a little. He nods understandingly.

"Yeah.. I was just wondering if we could maybe… Get Diary Queen?" He asks, looking at me nervously. My eyes widen. He was nervous.. Because he wants dessert? I shake my head, a little frustrated before looking up at him with a smile.

"Of course we can have Blizzards, Rex." I reply. I felt my heart melt seeing his eyes light up.

"Can we sit at that one park too?" He asks with his eyes even wider than before. I laugh. How can one be so fucking cute?

"Yes, Rex. Yes we can." I grin, poking his nose. I noticed his jaw clenching, as if he couldn't contain his excitement. I let out a small shout as he quickly started driving. "Rex!" I shout, laughing. 

"What?" He asked, in his usual soft yet rough voice. I felt my heart go boom. God damn you, Rex Smith.. I thought before poking his side again. He smirks, continuing on with his little excited speedy, but legal, drive. 

I thanked him as he opened the door for me, hopping out. I felt my stomach wiggle a little as I held in a small chuckle as he automatically grabbed my hand once the Jeep was secure. I look up at him, smiling. "What Blizzard did you get?" I ask, ignoring the gentle rain bashing down on us. He looks at me.

"I got the Choco Brownie Extreme, you?" He asks eyeing mine. I narrow my eyes, lowering my Blizzard down behind me.

"I got the Oreo Dirty Pie." I reply, scanning the park for a bench. Rex snorted. I rose a brow looking at him. He looked at me before blinking.

"Dirty Pie." He says quietly. I tilt my head confused before it hits me. I inhale deeply before looking forward, head hanging low. He chuckles as I shake my head.

"No- just.. Just no.." I whisper, doing my best to not laugh. 

"Oh hush, nerd, you find it funny too." He says bumping my bottom with his knee.

"Oi-" I bark. He chuckles, and soon, we make our way to our desitionation. Our place to talk about nothing and yet everything, eating Blizzards in the rain.

I turned over, grumbling to myself. "Fucking finally." A voice murmured. I quickly blink, opening my eyes. I look around only to see Rex laying next to me. His eyes were wide, like he's been up for hours. 

"Rex..?" I mumble lifting my head just enough to see my alarm clock. "Wh-why are you up…? It's three in the morning." I ask a little concerned, sitting up a bit. He shook his head, pulling me into a hug. I felt my eyelids and gravity fight one another, and so I bit my tongue keeping my eyes open. I comb my fingers through his hair. "Okay.." I say softly, kissing the top of his head. I survey the area and felt my cheeks darken a little.

I was wearing his pants. My eyebrows scrunched up, before it hit me. The two of us were walking back to his Jeep, when some kid kicked a soccerball in our direction. I remember it ended up hitting Rex, it hitting him in the chest(when he was wearing his binder), and that ended up making him toss his Blizzard, making it hit me, spilling over my pants. 

I look over at Rex again, seeing his eyes closed. I smile a bit, rubbing his shoulder before kissing his forehead again. I love you, Rex.. I thought to myself.

May 07, 2022 06:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

14 comments

aww this so sweet with all the right humor i love >:D

Reply

Crows_ Garden
16:13 May 08, 2022

This was so fun to write lol

Reply

Crows_ Garden
19:11 May 08, 2022

Ye

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Crows_ Garden
06:34 May 07, 2022

That moment when you realize your characters have healthier relationships than you've ever had lmao XD

Reply

Crows_ Garden
16:14 May 08, 2022

XDD

Reply

Crows_ Garden
19:11 May 08, 2022

y e s

Reply

HEHEEHEH also sorry for not talking on remind its blocked but also not- it's weird tvt

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
07:13 Jun 20, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:51 Jun 20, 2022

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.