THE LIFE PROCESSING STAGE

Written in response to: Start your story looking down from a stage.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Fantasy

 After I died, I found myself standing on a stage and looking down. I saw a sign off to the side that said, “The Life Processing Stage.” That’s how I knew what stage I was on. I looked down and saw moving like a river the entire cinematic portrayal of my most recent life from birth to death. I couldn’t take it all in. It was too much.

Just as that thought crossed my mind, a voice spoke within my mind saying, “Don’t worry. It isn’t expected that you would take it all in at one glance. You have a lot to process. The processing will start after your required rest period in the Between Lives Hotel. Close your spirit eye, and you will be in the lobby. Later, dear one.”

Right, I thought, closing my spirit eye, and then I was there.

I’ve always loved the Between Lives Hotel. With its grace and grandeur, it consistently welcomed us back for rest, recuperation, and reflection (R+R+R) after a lived life had ended and before processing began. I smiled inwardly as I floated through the lobby up to registration.

“Welcome back, dear one” intoned the clerk. “You’ve had quite the life I see. Earned yourself a place on the TC Floor (True Creatives). Off with you now.”

I vibrated my thanks and whisked myself to the TC Floor and was met by the Floor Guardian who guided me to my suite. I entered and shimmered with delight. All the cleansing accoutrements were there, and I took full advantage sighing soulfully as each bit of residual Earth negativity vanished leaving me ever more centered in the essence of Love, our natural state once off Earth. Aches and pains gone with the flesh and bones. Suffering, remembered lessons, necessary for processing but for now shelved. I felt clad in the delicious sweetness of this return to center and clarity. No distracting Earth delusions of duality here. Now, to rest. I slipped into my silken, gently swaying, respite-laden cocoon and sank gratefully into soul molecule deep sleep.

Being in a respite-laden cocoon is a wonderful rejuvenating experience. You awaken when you are ready, not one minute earlier or later, not that time as known on Earth exists in this realm between lives. It’s more about the eternal NOW. Awake and aware of where I now was, I knew I was ready to greet the new day and proceed. I was decidedly restored and refreshed. I felt like I could’ve been napping for a thousand Earth years.

The TC Floor was awash with Light, Colors, Music, and Ideas, wonderful Ideas begging to be explored. Imaginal vibrations suffused the space. Imaginal power was our fuel. I effortlessly absorbed it All into my spirit body and descended to the lobby where a great many of us TCs were gathering prior to life processing, which was, of course, our real purpose for being there in the first place.

I joined the group gliding toward the exit marked THIS WAY TO PROCESSING. I was excited as always at this point, eager to confirm or disconfirm what I thought were the lessons I had learned during this most recent past life. I didn’t think I was close to mastery in some areas, but perhaps I was in others, which meant, of course, that with that thought, I was projecting ahead and not remaining in the Eternal Present. So, no mastery on that score. Oh well, another reincarnation on Earth meant another visit to the Life Bazaar, if it came to that. I loved the Life Bazaar, because it was always fascinating, maybe that was one of the lures for returning to Earth. Who knows?

“Greetings, Entity 196418,” the formal greeting made me drop all thoughts and be totally present.

“Greetings, Processing Custodians,” I answered as was customary.

“Are you rested and cleansed?”

“I am.”

“Then, please take the stage and we shall begin.”

I glided onto the stage into the orb of light awaiting me.

“Repeat after me,” directed the Voice. “I shall truthfully answer all questions asked of me during this life processing. Failure to do so is not an option.”       

I repeated the oath.

“Please cast your eyes into the space below the stage and gaze upon the river of your previous life flowing below you. It will stop at points along the way and we will ask you what you learned there. We will await your answer before proceeding.”

I had heard all this innumerable times as I had experienced many past lives in my journey. It takes many lives to learn all the lessons to be learned once an entity, like myself, chooses what is called the Spiritual Path. Not all entities make this choice, but I had so chosen. I never tired of the ritual of life processing. It enhanced my understanding of cosmic consciousness by reflecting on the learning accrued and reviewed in this processing ritual.

I opened my whole consciousness to the process. I peered over the stage and focused on the images of my birth and early years flowing by.

The flow stopped. I was four Earth years old.

“What have you learned thus far?”

“I learned the enormity of the Entanglement of Trust and Love. Trust builds Love and Love builds Trust.”

“Was that useful?”

“Yes.”

“Received and confirmed,” said the Voice and the ritual continued.

The flow of images started again. I saw more images that underscored the entanglement of Trust and Love. Images connected to my loving relationships with animal species such as dogs, cats, and horses where love and trust were entangled and foundational to our relationship across species. The flow stopped. I was a teenager.

“Did your understanding of the entanglement of Love and Trust become more complicated in human entity relationships as time passed?”

“Yes.”

“What did you learn?”

“I learned that no matter how painful the Truth, that was the best choice to make when navigating those complexities.”

“Received and confirmed, said the Voice and then continued questioning.

“Did you hurt others with your Truth as you understood it?”

“Yes.”

“Did you feel remorse for causing that pain?”

“Yes. But sometimes that feeling wasn’t instantaneous.”

“But eventually you felt remorse?

“Yes.”

“Did you forgive yourself eventually?”

“Yes.”

“Did you make amends with others?”

“Sometimes. It wasn’t always possible on a physical level as there were times the entity with whom I was involved drifted apart from me before I could do so.”

“Did you reach out vibrationally to make amends when the physical possibility vanished?”

“Yes.”

“What did you learn?”

‘I learned that forgiveness is a precious gift to all, both giver and receiver.”

“Received and confirmed,” said the Voice and then asked, “Are you ready to go further?”

“Yes.”

The life river began flowing again. Green and golden days of youth passed by. I saw myself wrapped in the love of kith and kin. I saw myself surrounded by animals I had known and loved: cats, dogs, horses, even a turtle, a rabbit and a rooster. These creatures had taught me much about unconditional love and respect for another entity’s Inner Being in whatever form such entities appeared. The river continued along.

Suddenly the river stopped. I saw myself dancing upon the sands beside a tranquil, azure sea.

“Ah, yes, I murmured, “this was a pivotal moment.”

“Why is that?” came the question.

“That’s the day an enhancement cracked open my mind and heart allowing me to see beyond the delusion of Earth’s physical level of reality. This was a very important juncture in my journey.”

“What did you learn?”

“I learned that there are no boundaries to Love. That there are no boundaries to understanding. The only blockades are those erected, demarcated by an entity itself out of fear and/or desire. I learned that living life with that knowledge meant I was consciously embarking upon the Path of Spirit and there was no way of knowing where that would lead. It was an act of courage fueled by trust. As I said, an important, pivotal moment on my journey.”

“Received and confirmed. Are you ready for more?”

“Yes.”

The river rippled onward. As I saw my life unfold with both failures and successes, sorrows and joys, downs and ups, I remembered somethings I had heard expressed by different voices at different times about Love’s power.

“The love you make is equal to the love you take.”

-The Beatles

“Love outlasts death and the ravages of time.”

-Paramahansa Yogananda

The river stopped.

“You are reflecting on the power of love. Yes?” the Voice spoke.

“Yes.”

“What have you learned?”

“All along the way, right on through to the exit transition of Death, Love in all its manifestations is All That Matters. Committing to Love is the ultimate task for entities on the Path of Spirit who have come back to Earth for further schooling.”

“Received and confirmed. Are you ready for more?”

“Yes.”

The river of images streamed again. I watched and re-experienced my consciousness awakening years of seeking greater understanding through exploring inner realms of Being while simultaneously navigating the world of Earth’s matter. I moved through many portals in this panoply of experiencing becoming a thinker, reader, teacher, poet, and artist devoted to understanding and applying the powers of Love, Light, Beauty, and Truth in order to counter and dispel the encroaching Darkness of hate, fear, and greed threatening to overwhelm humans during the life I had just exited. I persevered. In that journey, I was not alone. I saw the faces of those whose writings along the way had supported and guided me, especially such entities as Mahadevi Varma, Hindu poet (1907-1987); Marguerite Yourcenar, Belgian poet (1903-1987); Enhedunna, Sumerian poet (2285 BCE-2250 BCE); Emilia Lanier, English poet (1569-1645); Emily Dickinson, European American poet (1830-1886); Maya Angelou, African American poet (1928-2014); and Lucille Clifton, African American poet (1936-2010). There were others as well. I felt much love and gratitude for their wisdom. These thoughts brought the river to a halt.

“We followed your thoughts. Do you know what comes next?”

“Yes.”

“What?”

“The last years of the Earth life presently being processed.”

“Yes.”

The river rippled and rushed on.

I saw that the sparks of Love, Light, Beauty, and Truth I had humbly flung into the Universe during my lifetime of seeking and becoming had indeed ignited the hearts and minds of millions of entities, most of whom I never met. These entities had in turn become agents of change and ushered in a new era on Earth that was aborning as I was exiting. This new era was founded on and fueled by the Universal Powers of Love, Light, Beauty, and Truth. A grateful soul sigh escaped me. My humble efforts had not been in vain.

The river ceased flowing. One image remained. I was looking at my exit from Earth.

“Do you remember this transition?”

“Yes.”

“What did you learn?”

“I learned that Life is a precious gift fraught with choices and conundrums but with Love, Light, Beauty, and Truth it can be a journey that is worth much with respect to thriving and soul-deep growth.”

“Received and confirmed. Are you ready?”

“Yes.”

With that, I saw myself walk through the shimmering Transition Portal ringed with fire and then, there I was standing on the Life Processing Stage watching a light blinking above a sign that read: “PROCESSING COMPLETE. EXIT HERE.”

I blinked my spirit eye and found myself whisked back to the lobby of the Between Lives Hotel. The lobby was filled with many entities I had known in previous lives and might yet know in future lives. All were part of the True Creatives Consciousness Explorers recognizable by the Light pulsating around each one. They recognized me as one of them by the same pulsating light. All entangled were we and all entangled we would always be. We awaited what would happen next together, bonded beyond the boundaries of time and space ready to explore and learn.

December 11, 2021 00:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.