0 comments

People of Color Contemporary Drama

Summer was over. Leaves started to yellow significantly in the sun. The wind blew off falling leaves. As far as the eye could seen, there was only seem the brown leaves. Why did leaves change color?

Yeah, autumn is coming.

This story isn’t tell about how wonderfull the leaves falling in the autumn. This story is telling about a coffee shop and it owner, and also their waiters who confused about a new menu of autumnal drink. What should they serve later?

“Our coffee shop just opened since summer, and we have not any problems about that.” Greeze said and he tried to expelled silence after ten minutes.

There was four people at the room. They were Louis, Bobby, Angelica, and of course Greeze. They were so busy with their thought before Greeze up his voice.

“Yup, and this is an autumn,” Louis said and stared his friends one by one. He continued to say, “And we don’t have autumnal recipe at all.”

“Bobby, have you an idea?” Angelica asked Bobby, but Bobby choosed to silent.

Bobby stood up. He walked into the window, the paunch man looked out of the window. He was corrected the glasses. Then Bobby said, “And it was here we gathered to discuss it.”

“Yeah, you are right.” Angelica answered. She drunk her lemon tea. Bobby turned to look and all his eyes looked at Angelica seriously.

“Have you an idea, Angel?” Greeze asked.

“If I have it, I told you earlier,” Angelica answered by her sarcasm. She was speechless and trid to thought hardly. Angelica’s feet knocked in the floor. “What usually happens in the fall?”

“Maple leaves...” Bobby muttered, he was still looked at much leaves falling in front of Bee Buster Coffe-Shop. He was dazzled every autumn’s come.

“What did you say?” Angelica interrupted Bobby and squinted her eyes, and also sharpen her hearing.

“Maple leaves.”

“Yash! Maple leaf!” Angelica shouted her voice and it sounds surprised, she caught everybody’s attention. “We will make a drink from maple leaves.”

“Are you sure? I mean, it likes usually, isn’t it? Mmm, I think it such as maple juice,” Louis said slowly, he squinted his eyes to Greeze.

“And we will make it more special! Awesome!”

“I ask you again, have you an idea? What is it?” Greeze sighed and asked her for the umpteenth time, straightened his posture. He looked at Angelica intensely.

Angelica silent more. He thought about something. She was a lead-chef in the Bee Buster Coffee-Shop till now, not surprisingly if Angelica could find some recipe easily. She smiled, she just find an idea now. “Wait me for a few moments here.”

“Hey! Explain to us if you have an idea, please!” Louis shouted from where he stands, but Angelica have closed the door. Nothing more to choice, they must wait untill Angelica back.

After Angelica left the room, Bobby is sitting back beside Greeze. “I don’t know what she’s plan, but I know she is doing something in the kitchen now.”

“Yeah, as we know usually.” Greeze sighed, he can enjoy to sit now.

“And we have to wait her, hmm.” Bobby muttered. He crossed his legs and closed his eyes.

“I know she needs an hour like usual, I’ll go out for a while.” Louis was standing up and walked out of the room. He wants to enjoy autumn weather what just arrived.

“So far, our business is booming. I hope so too for this season,” Bobby said to Greeze.

“Alright, I hope so too.” Greeze nodded in agreement.

The time was elapsed, and an hour was through. Louis came and his face shined. He brought a maple leaf in his hand. And then, Angelica came and she brought a tray filled by four glasses of drinks.

“Say no to late!” Louis smilled.

“I’m sorry, you waited me too long.” Angelica put the tray on the table.

“What did you make?” Greeze asked curiously.

They took one glass each. Also four of them observed the drink made by Angelica in front of them seriously. All of them, except Angelica, thought if they ever seen the same drink before.

“This is eggnog, right?” Louis remembered the name of same drink with it.

“Like eggnog, Louis. But it’s different,” Angelica corrected, and she sat beside Louis. “This is a special eggnog. It mixed with maple leaf juice and apple juice with a little water.” Angelica explained. Afterwards, she told them to taste it.

“What about the taste?”

All looked at each other and smilled. They were satisfied with Angelica’s work.

Two days later, all of employees was prepared to open the cafe. And a few of them was added some maple leaves ornaments on every side of the room. And others was cleaned all tables over there.

Four of the cafe’s owners stood up behind the window. They were observed their employees’s work and thought anxiously.

“Is this gonna work?” Louis asked and he stared straight to the front, but he was very worried.

“Keep calm, Louis. Don’t you believe Angelica, right?” Greeze smilled meaningful.

Suddenly, someone knocked at the door and opened it. All of people turned round over there and surprised.

“Is it open yet?” that person asked. Everyone in the cafe froze. Angelica anvanced and answered the question. “Of course! It’s open now!”

“Everybody! Prove yourself ready, guys!”

That person entered and followed by two others behind. More and more. And their cafe was almost full. Bobby, Louis, Greeze, and Angelica walked to the middle of cafe, and they were stood up there.

Louis clapped his hand twice. He tried to caught visitor’s attention. “Ladies and gentlemen! Listen to me! We have a new menu in the Bee Buster Coffee-Shop!” A waiter handed over a glass of drink to Louis. “That is it! This is a special autumnal drink from us.”

“Eggbee Buster!” Four of them shouted together.

“Eggbee Buster made from a mix of maple leaf juice and apple juice. That’s sure looks like eggnog generally. But, we make it like a juice with float. And the eggnog became float on it.” Angelica explained loudly.

“Anyone wanna order?” Bobby offered.

“Of course I want!” Someone raised a hand.

“Me too!”

“Me!”

And the shouts came and went. All visitors wanna tasted the Eggbee Buster!

“Yup, everyone will get it!”

They have succeeded.

October 15, 2020 04:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.