I Wish I Could Spoil You

Written in response to: Write a story about an unlikely group (or pair) of friends.... view prompt

58 comments

Creative Nonfiction Friendship LGBTQ+

Happy early birthday flower darlin'

I wandered through the forest without a care, a small smile on my face as I stared up through the canopy. The sky was bright, a strange white that we all think of as blue. I inhaled deeply, smelling the pines and the like, listening to the birds hum and chirp. The ruffles and scrambling in the foliage. 

I finally got a day off and so naturally I spent the beginning hours of my day getting to and walking around the nearby forest. I shoved my hand in my pockets as a thought flickered into my mind. I could visit xem today. Xe would like that a lot.. I smile big. It's been awhile too. I wonder if xe did anything new. 

With me remembering the fact xe lived near this forest, I broke out running. The wind sweeping through my hair and around my body brought me a bit too much euphoria, but I loved it. It erased the burning of my legs from my lack of exercising and the strange inky thoughts that would appear in my head here and there. 

Quickly, or so it seemed, I made it to the lovely dirt path that led to xyr little cottage house. I beamed, stopping to catch my breath. I looked around before sneaking over to a flower patch near xyr house. I grabbed some random flowers and a long blade of grass, tying that around the flower stems. 

I returned to the lovely path, walking up. Xyr house was painted white and had spruce beams and roof. I glanced at the brick chimney, leaves and vines coating the house. There was smoke coming from the chimney and the image of xem sitting in xyr rocking chair reading a book near xyr fireplace popped into my mind. I let out a happy sigh reaching the stairs. I looked at the porch xe started to build a few months ago. I easily noticed the additions xe made. 

Glancing through the window, I knocked on the door. I forced my smile to calm down as I adjusted my posture. Out of the corner of my eye I saw xem sit straight like those prairie dogs before setting xyr book down. I clenched my jaw hearing the footsteps making their way to the door. "Who is it?" I hear xyr voice call as xe unlocked xyr door.

"Who do you think it is, Bay?" The door flew open a moment later, and immediately I was greeted with xyr wonderful smile. 

"Riley!" Xe exclaim hugging me tight. I let out a squeak telling xem to be careful. When xe asked why, I offered xem the flowers.

"This is why goofball!" Xey gasped. "Love ya." I smile, poking xyr forehead. Xe laugh xyr glorious laugh and the two of us walk inside, with me closing the door. 

"You're really awesome."

"Nah, that's you cutie." Xe turn around giving me a look that of which I return. "I'm not wrong."

"Nor am I!" Xe exclaim setting the flowers down. I chuckle before pulling xem close. 

"No, you're not." I say softly, kissing xyr forehead. 

"Oi- that's my job." 

"Then do it, darlin'." I say quietly. Xyr eyes narrow before xe return the kiss. I clench my jaw turning my head. Xe laugh.

"Ha! Bottom." My face turns redder.

"Oh whatever." I grumble sitting near xyr rocking chair. Xe laughed once more and I smile. I look at xem, in xyr jean jacket, flowy pants and white tee. Somehow it fit this cottagecore theme xe had going with xyr house. I think it's xem, xe tends to just make everything so right.

"You know I'm right." Xe say sitting in the cute rocking chair. I look up at xem trying my hardest not to smile.

"Yeah yeah." Xe smile and I sigh.

"How've you been wonderful?"

"I've been good, you Crow?" Xe ask shifting to rest xyr chin on the armrest of the chair. I chuckle a little, isn't that uncomfortable?

"Amazing, especially with you." I respond. Xyr eyes widen before xe roll xyr eyes a little. 

"Cheesy."

"Always for you." I smile resting my head against xyr's. Xe make that little happy huff sound before sitting up, stretching. I chuckle. I guess that was a bit uncomfortable. I stood up too, deciding to stretch as well. A series of back pops sounded from me and xe looked at me with wide eyes.

"What the?" Xe managed to say between a few confused sounding laughs.

"Sorry." I say with a nervous laugh. Xe shake xyr head.

"You're so weird."

"Yep! Now- how do you want spend your day?"

"Cuddles?" Xe ask with a look. I chuckle. 

"It's your day, anything for you." Xyr eyes widen.

"Really now?" Xe fold xyr arms giving me that look again. I put my hands on my hips.

"Now would I lie to you awesomeness?" Xe snort at that before smiling.

"No."

"Exactly. So." I say wrapping an arm around xem. "What do you want to do?"

"Cuddles." Xe respond immediately. I chuckle, I should have saw that coming.

"What else sunshine?" Xe pause for a moment, humming a tad.

"Let's go for a walk." Xe decide after awhile. I smile.

"Alright." I agree with a nod. I wander over to the bunch of flowers I got xem, carefully sliding one from the bunch. I make the stem a bit shorter before making my way to xem. I tuck the flower into xyr hair. I smile and xe blush a bit. My smile grew and I grabbed xyr hand. "Come on." I say, pulling xem towards the door, xem chuckling a bit.

"I am." Xe comment. I open the door for xem and naturally, xe roll xyr eyes playfully. I grin.

The two of us walk down the dirt path, hand in hand. I take a deep breath, smelling the wonderful air. I smile looking towards the sky. I glance at xem, watching xem do the same, staring at the sky. "If only it could match you." I comment, looking forward. Without looking, I could sense xyr reaction. The usual huff, and xyr comeback.

I chuckle, looking at the ground. "Bottom." Xe comment. I laugh rolling my eyes.

I raise a brow as xe pull me a bit closer before pointing towards the sky. "It looks like it's about to rain." Xe say. I tilt my head a bit, studying the sky.

"It does." I glance at xem. "Do you want to go inside?" I ask. Xe looked at me, almost offended. My eyes widen.

"No!" Xe say. "Not right now at least." Xe add looking forward. I nod.

"Fair enough." I say, mentally smacking myself.

We continued our 'small' walk, and soon, tiny little droplets fell from the sky. "Oop-" I comment, looking up at the sky. Thankfully my glasses stopped them from hitting my eyes. I glanced at Bay, hearing xyr grin. I was right too- xe had a big one on xyr face.

And with xem, it's so dang hard not to smile.

I chuckle patting xyr head. The rain started coming down a bit more quickly. "Oh woah-" I grin, taking xyr hands, intertwining our fingers. I step to one side, looking at xem. Xe looked at me back, confused.

"Come on darlin', dance in the rain with me." Xyr eyes widen, face exploding with that adorableness. Just like that, the two of us move, swaying and twirling one another.

"That's the wrong way Riley!" Xe laughed as I twisted the wrong way on one of the spins.

"I'm sorry!" I reply, correcting myself. Xe laugh again, and we continue our dance with the sounds of the forest being our beat and the rain embracing us.

June 04, 2022 17:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

58 comments

Crows_ Garden
17:28 Jun 04, 2022

Totally not inspired by/for a certain someone Totally not

Reply

Crows_ Garden
09:17 Jun 05, 2022

*nervous grinning*

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:50 Jun 06, 2022

: >

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
21:26 Jun 04, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
09:17 Jun 05, 2022

Yep- Totally not lmao

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
21:42 Jun 10, 2022

I always learn something from your work. As soon as I paused to look up Xe/Xem/Xyr, it all clicked. My LGBTQ friends never talk to me about this (and I guess I never ask), but now I feel a bit more connected (or at least not as dumb!)

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:25 Jun 11, 2022

That made my day. It makes me super proud knowing that someone learns at least something from my stories, especially when their on topics such as this. Thank you for reading as well as commenting! I'm glad you learnt something.

Reply

02:33 Jun 11, 2022

And, AND, I like the stories. I’m a terrible critic, so I think the best thing I have to offer is to say that every word you write makes me want to read the next one. They’re in the right order.

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:47 Jun 11, 2022

Your comments are making my day, truly. I get the being a terrible critic, it's kind of difficult when pretty much everyone here is such a wonderful writer. Thank you for the compliment Christopher.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jasey Lovegood
12:01 Jun 10, 2022

Good gosh this is so cute eriopvbqje;wojeow No words. Just wholesome. I love it. <33333

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:36 Jun 10, 2022

I was grinning the entire time writing this Thank you <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
03:59 Jun 11, 2022

<3

Reply

Crows_ Garden
04:03 Jun 11, 2022

<3 <3 <3

Reply

Jasey Lovegood
04:04 Jun 11, 2022

We're not having another heart war but <333333

Reply

Crows_ Garden
04:06 Jun 11, 2022

Hhhh-- okay Just a few more- <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
22:12 Jun 09, 2022

You're gender-fluid? That is so cool! (Sorry to be a dumb stalker bean, I just love reading bios)

Reply

Crows_ Garden
22:52 Jun 09, 2022

I am- it's definitely strange. Not exactly if I'd use cool to describe it, but thank you for the compliment(I think?) nonetheless. (Don't worry, I do it too for the same reason)

Reply

12:34 Jun 10, 2022

Yeah, I was trying to give you a compliment cause you're really brave to be who you are, I'm not quite ready for that yet =)

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:37 Jun 10, 2022

Oh thank you! XD I'm not sure if brave's the right word, but still. There's a time and place for anything, so hopefully your time and place comes soon<3

Reply

12:48 Jun 10, 2022

Thank you. :0

Reply

Crows_ Garden
13:07 Jun 10, 2022

Of course kiddo : ) Have a good day

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Nicole Of 2022
23:29 Jun 05, 2022

AHHHHHHHH OMGGG WHY'S IT SO CUTEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPPPP!!! <333333333 btw is "Xe" pronounced like X or does it sound more like Z or... lol im curious I loved it though ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof these kinds of stories!!!

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:48 Jun 06, 2022

XD <3 <3 <3 It's pronounced with a z I'm glad other people enjoy these ones too, their so simple yet so sweet and cute

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
04:09 Jun 06, 2022

XDDDD yessssssss! It's so cute! Hru? <3 <3 <3

Reply

Crows_ Garden
14:11 Jun 06, 2022

XD Thank you I'm alright, how are you?

Reply

Nicole Of 2022
16:43 Jun 06, 2022

I'm great!! I got writers block now XDDD It's contagious!! Got a notify today "You have 35 unfinished notes on google keep." (Notes being stories LOL) XDDDDDD what have you done, Strange Little Human Prince??! Baha

Reply

Crows_ Garden
03:57 Jun 07, 2022

That's good! Oh no- it really is XD PFT-

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

HELP IM MELTING INTO A PUDDLE BECAUSE OF HOW FLUFFY THIS IS AAAAA HELP ME HELP MKNEewjrkqwleqmdskaee

Reply

Crows_ Garden
09:19 Jun 05, 2022

: D

Reply

Crows_ Garden
02:51 Jun 06, 2022

Story ideas like this are hittin' me like a train lmao

Reply

Crows_ Garden
03:57 Jun 07, 2022

XD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
04:38 Jun 10, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
12:35 Jun 10, 2022

Oh cool! <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
06:33 Jun 08, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
18:59 Jun 08, 2022

: D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
21:26 Jun 04, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
09:17 Jun 05, 2022

I'm glad the cuteness got across : )

Reply

Unknown User
08:02 Jun 06, 2022

<removed by user>

Reply

Crows_ Garden
14:11 Jun 06, 2022

: D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.