0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Transgender LGBTQ+

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for a newer and richer experience.”

― Eleanor Roosevelt

This quote replayed in his brain as he read the message from his sibling.

"Are you coming?"

It was a reunion, his family reunion.

Atlas was a 27-year-old male, With blonde hair and green eyes who lived in Brisbane Australia, for the last 7 years, with his wife Lia.

He hadn't seen his family for the last 7 years.

He was visiting United States which is why he had the chance to go to the reunion, he was in Washington and the reunion was in Oregon.

His sibling Vega really wanted him to go.

They were really the only person he had kept in contact with since he moved, only through texts though. 

“If you don't take risks, you'll have a wasted soul.”

His sibling used to tell him that when trying to convince him to come.

His sibling, Vega was a 30-year-old who was a writer and owned a library down in Mexico, which is where they lived but visited their family fairly often.

Lia his wife, was 28 and she worked at a vet, she was also a great animator.

He himself? he owned a bakery back at home in Brisbane, though since it had gotten so much attention his bakery was all over the world

As he laid down on the hotel bed, he checked his phone

"Are you coming?" From Vega, 30 minutes ago

His family was huge, mostly because it consisted of his family and his wife's family, once he and his wife got together the family had grown close, which he found amazing

His sister-in-law, Bjusen, was also extremely close to Atlas, though he hadn't seen her since they left for Brisbane.

He got snapped out of his line of thought when he heard the door to the hotel room open.

He looked over to see his wife walk in. "Have you made up your mind yet? I know I'm going I just want to know if you will?"

"I don't know Lia" he sat up "What if they're mad at me for not talking to anyone"

"They will be madder if you don't come, hun, come on they miss you, we haven't seen anyone in 7 years" 

"I know I know, it's just, okay when is it?"

"Its on Saturday"

"So we would have to leave tomorrow to get there on Friday?"

Lia nodded and sat down beside him

Atlas sighs and takes his phone texting his sibling back "Whos going"

It was only 4 minutes later he got a response "Me, my husband, Bjusen and Dundy, Milo though xe's bringing xe're partner, Lias mom, our parents, auntie Ton, etc"

So practically everyone

He looked back at his phone when he heard a ding "Oh and the kids of course"

"Fine then, ill go with Lia" He responds and not even 2 minutes later

"Yay everyone will be happy"

***

It was Friday, and they were there

It was nostalgic for Atlas walking up to Vegas house

Lia ran up and had knocked very loudly.

The door was opened by a 6'2 dark-skinned and curly hair male.

"Joseph!" Lia smiled brightly and hugged him "Its so good to see you again! Where are the kids? Wheres Vega?" Lia spoke quickly after letting him go

Joseph just laughed a bit "Vega is inside with Lucca, they're doing some business orders for the library the kids are in the room, And hey Atlas its good to see you too"

Atlas smiled and greeted the taller male

Joseph let them into the living room, while he went to go and get the kids

as soon as atlas and Lia sat down two 5 years old, one boy and one girl, and a 9-year-old came running in "Tia Lia Tio Atlas!" they screamed going to tackle Atlas and Lia

"Michelle, Joshua it's so great to see you in person," Lia said hugging the younger two then the older child

"And you as well Zelda" Atlas smiled hugging the kids

The twins had been from a surrogate mother since Vega couldn't have kids, and they had adopted Zelda when she was 5

After catching up with the kids and being asked questions and the kids showing them stuff with Joseph bringing them tea and coffee

A door had opened and out came two people, A male who was about 6'1 and a person who was 6'0 

"Lia, Atlas your finally here!"The person went to them quickly and hugged them "I missed you both so much I'm so glad you decided to come to the reunion" Vega let them go "Warning you now, Lia your mom might try to convince you to move back here" Vega chuckled 

"We might've guessed that, though we have some good news"

"Oh?" Vega sat down beside the couple while the other male went to sit beside joseph and the kids sat on the ground to draw.

"Oh well, me and Lia, a few weeks ago, bought a house down here so we can visit a lot more often"

Vega squealed and clapped "Yessss! Everyone will love that!" They smiled "Also, i haven't told anyone your coming, so it'll be a surprise"

"Of course you did that" Lia laughed 

"Look, you all know, I love to do surprises" they said, fixing the paint covered overalls they had on.

"Yeah that explains the gifts you send to us every month" Atlas spoke thinking to all of the boxes

"Ive done that, since forever, you should be used to it" Vega leaned back

"You know what? That is fair"

"Let me take you two to the room you'll be staying in, Lucca you mind making dinner?" Vega stood up and the other male, Lucca, nodded standing up to go to another room which was, what atlas assumed, the kitchen.

Lia and Atlas stod following Vega upstairs, Vega stopped at a door with a very colorful door. They opened h door and let them walk in "Sorry if its overwhelming with so many colors I tend to paint on the walls of this room a lot when i need to practice murals" Vega said helping them with they're bags "Anyway I'm gonna go help Luca with dinner,get some rest, oh and its good to see you both agan, I missed you" Vega smiled and walked away toward another room.

***

Saturday Morning, 8AM, 4 hours before the reunion.

The three kids were all doing homework and eating.  

Lucca and Joseph were talking over a game they were making, Lucca and Joseph made video games for a living, Vega even voice acted for a lot of the characters.

Vega was at the living room looking over some papers, while waiting for their coffee 

Atlas and Lia were getting dressed, Atlas was grabbing his binder and some jeans, along with a dress shirt.

Lia was grabbing a dress shirt and a hoodie along with some leggings.

After everyone had eaten Vega decided to actually get out of they're pijamas and went to get dressed, they put on a binder, along with a button up shirt, and some black jeans.

The twins had put on some overalls with a long sleeve shirt.

Zelda put on a dress that said 'Anti social social club' which was given to her by Bjusen.

Lucca and Joseph got matching outfits that was, a flaring button up shirt, and some black jeans, along with tennis that said prideful.

now it was 10AM 2 hours before the reuniun and the kids decided to take they're uncle and aunty to the park they loved to go to.

It had been a long time since Atlas had spent any time with his family, so spending the time with his sibling and his nephew and neices made him realize he probably should come and visit a lot more often, he missed seeing his family.

around 11:30 is when everyone everyone got into Vegas truck and headed over to Mother dearests house, aka Lias moms house, Mother Potat, at least that's what everyone called her.

it took them 15 minutes to get there but once they parked, Atlas got nervous, though everyone else got off excitedly and ran to the door, Atlas took his time to grab his stuff, and get out of the car.

Once he looked over he saw Vega hugging Bjusen and Dundy then Lia coming out and tackling them.

Atlas walked up behind the group and stood there just kinda looking at them, but once Bjusn and Dundy noticed them, he was tackled in his along with lia by eveyone in the house

"Welcome home guys"

This story was inspired by/ Dedicated to my online family

Love you all Bithbois.com

July 26, 2021 04:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.