25 comments

Science Fiction

It all started when I looked up from the picture of my dad to look at the mirror. Behind me was my sister Mckinley brushing my hair. “Mckinley,” my third sister Mallory called, “I need your help carrying the couch!” 

“Ok!” Mckinley called back. ‘’Stay here Maya,” she told me.  When she was out of the room I looked at my fourth sister Marley.  She was playing with her dolls. We were the Marie family. Mckinley was the oldest in the family. She is 19 years old. I was the second oldest. I am 16 years old. Mallory was the third oldest. She is 13…. And Marley the youngest, 6 years old. We had moved here shortly after my mother died and were put in a community home.  

Finally, after Mckinley turned 19 she bought a house. As I looked up from the picture again there was a girl behind me, she was covered in blood. I let out a little scream and whispered,  “Mckinley?” 

“You are the Indigo child,” she whispered in a creepy voice… then she disappeared. A minute later Mckinley came back up. 

“God, that couch was heavy,” she laughed a little then saw my face. “Oh my god,” she whispered under her breath. She knew I had seen something. “I... I saw a girl, she said I was the Indigo Child.” After that we didn't talk. I finally went to bed. My slumbering was filled with disturbing dreams. I saw a girl… a shadow of a girl. 

She screamed “HELP ME!” but I just stood there as she was being stabbed to death.  

Just when I woke up, I remembered the day when I was 6. I was walking around the woods then I heard a scream… the same scream I heard in my dream. But...but I can’t believe that I just stood there.

I just stood there.

Three days before Halloween.

I woke up with a start. I realized it was a school day. When I had made my bed I changed out of my green pajamas, put on a crimson blouse, jeans and my grey shoes. As I made my breakfast, I turned on the t.v and put on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I don't know why but i’m so obsessed with that show. As I was eating cereal the lights flickered. On, off on off. It stayed off for a long time then I felt hands as cold as ice on my shoulders. I heard the voice again. 

“You left me to die,” “You left me to DIE!” I put my hands over my head and screamed ‘’GO AWAY!” Then she was gone. “I turned around and there was the girl again. I wanted to bolt but instead I felt a knife being stuck into my gut, It was cold and hurtful. As I tried to scream I fell to the ground….    

3 hours later….. In an asylum

I woke up in a room…. An asylum. Wait an asylum? I thought.  As I tried to sit up there was a shadow. When I got out of bed I saw a table with needles. I cautiously walked to the table. All of the sudden I heard a scream and the alarm. I grabbed the needles and ran out the door. I must have ran around for hours trying to find an exit. When I pushed the exit door I smelled the fresh salty air. Wait salty air? I opened my eyes. There I saw water...an ocean. My face fell. 

“Ughh!” I screamed. 

       Then I fell.          

       In the spotlight

I woke up with a black swan outfit on in a room full of girls about my age. I looked in the mirror. I had makeup on and jazz shoes. Oh no. I thought. Just then I heard my name on the intercom. 

I walked to the stage. There was a thunderous round of applause and then I started dancing. The dance told the whole story of how I let the girl die. As I danced, my feet were light as a feather. I calculated the steps. Demi plie, demi grande, chaines turn and  arabess. At the end of the dance I fell to my knees and put my head on my knee. Then I saw my mom. After they clapped for me I ran off the stage. When I got out of the exit, I went to the theater. When I got to where my mom was sitting she was gone.

I had lost her again.

           In the house

I looked up at the ceiling. Oh no. I thought. 

What is happening to me. I realized I was in my house finally. When I tried to get up, I was stuck. I looked to the side and there was a girl in a white Hollywood dress. She spoke to me softly. 

“Maya you are the indigo child,” she said. Right at the time, I realized that this was my mom. “Maya an indigo child is a child that can see people from the other world… you can see um… ghosts.” “You have a third eye and once that eye is open… you have become one with the third eye.” “Now, now you must wake up… your sisters are worried and you are dying.” “Maya I love you,” said my mom.” 

   “I love you too.”

Back in the real world

I woke up in a hospital room. I saw my sisters. I knew right then and there that I was not in the ghost world anymore. “Mckinley?” 

“I'm right here,” she said softly.

“What happened?” I asked eagerly.

“You were in a coma… and your heart rate was going down, it happened like this… 

“I walked out of the bedroom and found you with a knife in your gut. I called the police right away and told them what happened. After they got the knife out they realized that you were in a coma.” “

Then you woke up.” 

“How long was I out?” I asked.

“A week,” Mckinley said. 

4 days later I was walking past the cold park with my friend Xander, when I saw a bloody 4 year old boy in white shirt. He smiled a cold dark smile. I knew that I was the beginning and the end…

and it was only just the beginning.

January 22, 2021 16:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

25 comments

18:49 Apr 19, 2021

I don't think you can hear me, but... yeah...

Reply

Show 0 replies
18:49 Apr 19, 2021

Also I love the same movies!

Reply

Show 0 replies
18:48 Apr 19, 2021

I'm one of your favorite colors?

Reply

Show 0 replies
22:17 Apr 08, 2021

You can leave if you must, but keep this up. I love it.

Reply

Angel Cross
16:43 Apr 20, 2021

Ive decided to stay :)

Reply

22:28 Apr 20, 2021

Oh, yay!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jexica Marcell
18:42 Feb 19, 2021

I love your bio by the way!!! Its amazing and thanks sis for putting me in it!!

Reply

Angel Cross
20:32 Feb 19, 2021

Thank you<3 and No problem anytime!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Angel Cross
18:06 Feb 26, 2021

I'm quitting sorry i don't know what to write no more hope you get more follows and likes <3

Reply

Jexica Marcell
18:07 Feb 26, 2021

oh okay thats fine.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Sapphire 🌼
22:44 Feb 16, 2021

Can I just say, the title for this story, is perfect. I agree with some of the other comments, it was a teeny bit confusing (in a good way) and I re-read it a few times to grasp the concept, but it was worth it!!!!!!!!!! The conclusion was dramatic and a great way to pull it all together to a close, you did a great job with that! I'm gonna recommend you to some people if you don't mind :)

Reply

Angel Cross
17:25 Feb 17, 2021

Thank you for your feedback. I love the fact you liked it while writing it I got a little confused to, Also sure I wouldn't mind but once again Thank you <3 I hope u have an incredible day!

Reply

Sapphire 🌼
23:28 Feb 17, 2021

No problem at all!!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Jay DMer
17:05 Feb 10, 2021

This was interestingly confusing. The first ghost was her sister, McKinley? lol I don't know, but I liked the story so that's what counts:)

Reply

Jexica Marcell
16:22 Feb 11, 2021

same. i had to read this several times but this was really really really ( times 8000000000) good!!!

Reply

Angel Cross
16:46 Feb 11, 2021

Thank you both very much <3

Reply

Jexica Marcell
16:51 Feb 11, 2021

of course!!!

Reply

Jay DMer
16:54 Feb 11, 2021

Np!! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Angel Cross
16:18 Feb 11, 2021

Thank you very much i may not be the best writer but i try my hardest to make people happy <3 and thank you for the positive feedback i really appreciate it!

Reply

Jay DMer
16:34 Feb 11, 2021

Don't worry. You did AMAZING.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Jexica Marcell
16:31 Jan 22, 2021

Love it!!!! The concept is crazy, in a good way!!!!

Reply

Angel Cross
16:36 Jan 22, 2021

Thank you so much! hope your doing ok :)

Reply

Jexica Marcell
16:39 Jan 22, 2021

dude. Im sitting next to you. im fine. hbu?

Reply

Angel Cross
17:01 Jan 22, 2021

im good and i know lol

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dhwani Jain
15:49 Apr 13, 2022

You know Sapphire? We have a collab coming up on my blog at 04:06 p.m. IST tomorrow (April 14). Do check it out, here's the link (https://djdhwanijain.wordpress.com/)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.