2 comments

Romance Creative Nonfiction

Meeting Dorcas was among the best thing that ever happened to me.We are just good friends but the truth is I like her so much but I don't know how to even start telling her.🌺

Honestly,She is just everything that any man would ever wish for.

Her walking style is just the same with that of Miss Campuses Kenya.

She has a gap in between her front teeth but the canine is abit shapper than the normal one.

She is a bit wise but I think she still has a long way to go when it comes to relationship issues .

Her fingers are average in size with long nails on them.

If she calls my name from a far,you will never fail to hear her beautiful soothing swahili assent.

Bythe way,

We just met with Janet 1 year ago while in a motorcycle heading to energy economics CAT.I decided to pay for her the fare and after that ,we exchanged contacts an the rest about our friendship is just history. We started visiting each other in our apartments and even started having meals together as "friends".I later learnt she was a student of commerce and, I ,being a bright Student of economics,I started helping her in doing her accounting assignments.Its therefore out of this that our friendship fully grew to higher heights.I was so much used to her and she used to call me her "favorite bestie" and this alone was the main reason I was afraid of expressing my feelings to her.I knew very well that if she even rejected me,our friendship would diminish once and for all,and I therefore decided to play cool till the day she will ever like me too.I knew it will never take long for her to also admit her love for me especially observing how she used to smile back at me especially in our conversations.She even once told my close friend that she loves how orderly I am and she is happy to have such a friend as me.That alone was a clear sighn of her love for me .

Things started becoming sweet when she lost her mum two months ago and she had no one close to comfort her an did therefore took time to go and visit her in her apartment 2 days before her journey back home.

I met her seated in a sofa set looking hopeless and stressed.I just went straight to her and gave her a strong hug and a shoulder to cry on.She poured herself out to me as she narrated to me how good her mum had been during her entire lifetime.

"Our last conversation was all about me and she joked on how she is expecting me to get married immediately after campus"Dorcas shockingly explained as I calmly smiled without her notice.

I kept holding her tight in my chest until she fully calmed down to which I made her sleep in the sofa set.

I then went to the kitchen to prepare her a cup of coffee before leaving for my evening class lecture.

As I was almost leaving ,she held my right hand and started begging me not to leave her alone.

"Karubembe, please don't go!"she repeatedly kept insisting.

"But I will be back ,babe, oh sorry for that....I meant I will be back ,Janet"I confusedly messed myself up but she pretended not to have heard my earlier words and instead asked me to keep her company even for one hour only.

I tried to negotiate with her and having noticed how inlove I was with her,I tried my best not to look at her directly in her eyes.

"Karubembe,I think ,I am...." She was about to tell me something but she pretended to be weak and closed her eyes.

I looked at her wondering whether I should tell her how much I love her but I decided to just go for my lecture and come back later.

I held her black mexican weave with my left hand as I watched her smile from the warmth of my sweet rough hands as she pretended to be dreaming .

I calmly walked out of the room heading to my evening lecture.That evening lecture was the hardest for me since I had joined campus.My thoughts were fully on the welfare of Dorcas and how I would make her smile amidst all that pain.

"What if I go and keep her company for the two days she will be around ?What if I decide to accompany her to her mum's burial?What about her exams?Should I decide not to go to the funeral and instead do for her all the exams so that we can graduate together?Does she even know how much I care for her?"All this questions kept ringing on my mind as I tried to grasp the lecturer's contents.

After the lecture,I headed back to Dorcas's room with a made-up decision.

"Am going to be with her till she departs to her mum's burial.I will also be left here in school and do for her all her exams to ensure we graduate together with her"I kept repeating all this to myself as i observed the twinkling of some stars in the sky.

I arrived at her place at 7:38p.m and met her still asleep.

I went straight to her kitchen and prepared some food for her to which I woke her up .

She seemed surprised by my presence and I was glad she looked happy to see me standing with her in her hardest moments.

I told her about my decision to help her do her exams as she attended her mum's burial and she seemed shocked by my sacrifices.

"What kind of person would I be if I hadn't met you ,babe....Oh oh oh oh....I meant Kelvin...Sorry for that"She seemed shocked by that but I also pretended not to have heard what she had said.

The following day we spent great time together as "friends" and I was happy our bond was even becoming stronger.

I was even convinced that she truly loved me but the problem was that she was also afraid of telling me.

I decided to fully tell her about my love for her immediately she came back from the burial.

"Honestly,I need Janet in my life more than ever...Loosing her will surely be my worst nightmare in life.I better quit my ego and just tell her the truth "I kept telling myself as I picked my ringing phone from my bag.






May 16, 2021 11:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Mkenya Halisi TV
04:03 May 17, 2021

🔥🔥🔥🔥

Reply

Show 0 replies
Uwezo Badesire
08:00 May 24, 2021

this story is so amazing that im taking alittle bit of your story

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.