831 - 8 words, 3 words, 1 meaning

Submitted into Contest #133 in response to: Write a story about someone making a gift (chocolate or otherwise) for a loved one.... view prompt

0 comments

Romance Friendship Adventure

Cree’s birthday was approaching and Ada’s plan to surprise Cree needed to be kept top secret.  

Many mystical secret places known to both, there was a place they both wanted to visit. A paradise like never seen before, where stars bright show their beauty like diamonds reflected on the white steam the natural water scape forces the white mist provoked by the fierce water current of the river vigorously patting the black stones at the bottom of the fall.

⁉️

Black diamonds competing against the bright stars spread along the black sky. It looked like the perfect place for Cree to propose to Ada.  The vast deep black never ending sky going far and beyond, the infinite love Cree has for Ada. 

The beautiful black diamond ring.

Everything carefully planned would work for Cree.

An incredible day for Ada she will never forget.

And perhaps the best of her life.

And the end on her long way looking for her twin soul, her twin heart.

The light of her eyes.

Cree was to pop up the question, under the deep black sky, surrounded by stars resembling the black diamonds they both loved.

Just one detail was missing: the answer Cree was waiting for.

Ada’s lately explanation for her frantic reaction to find her diary was really upsetting her. 

Her last note - a number, really puzzled Cree. Like the saying, curiosity killed the cat’, we can all guess pretty much who’s who. Ada’s last note on her diary; a number inside of a heart really puzzled Cree. 

8 letters

3 words 

1 meaning 

These three numbers really got carved on Cree’s mind, leaving him with the bad taste of uncertainty and insecurity. 

He needed to know it’s meaning. 

Ada’s three numbers were written in almost every new chapter she wrote on her diary, but no explanation or meaning attached or referred to these 3 numbers. Frustration grew on Cree’s mind. He needed to know the meaning, and quick. As soon as possible.

A new mission fast carefully planned, created; by Cree on a mission, started, as well as how to decode those 3 numbers. Knowing Cree, this new assignment represented a new challenge for him. Another opportunity to get to know Ada better.

Ada on her side, unaware of Cree’s plans, frustration was slowly taking a toll toll on her, everyone noticed her temper changed as well as her wondering of not knowing where the gatekeeper of her secrets were. 

Ada didn’t want her secret desires to be discovered. Her unique; loyal trusted confessor, was lost.

Ada’s distress was increasing

Cree’s curiosity was increasing

-should something be decreasing on this story?

Cree has something under his sleeve he has been planning for a long time.

Luna has been a well known place for harvesting the best black diamonds in the planet. They are rare, unique, flawless, like Ada’s body.

They resemble Ada’s black eyes.

Strong by nature, they are unique.

Knowing all these characteristics , Cree thought this gem captured her in all aspects.

Just needed to find the time

Just needed to find the moment

Ada’s thought of loosing his precious confident drive her nuts, but decided to keep cool. 

‘I will find it soon - she though to herself’

Meanwhile, Crew’s love and curiosity for Ada’s feelings and love fed his increasing love for her.

Dinner time was coming. Cree booked a table close to the place where the river where the black diamonds where harvested. The white sand at the bottom made these black diamonds stand out. Cree had already looked and accepted the right black diamond to be put in a ring that will signify his love for her, that will represent her essence and how Cree perceives her beauty and her essence.

Ada joined Cree at the table reserved for the two of them. 

They both spent the whole night talking about their plans, past and future. Cree’s eyes looked so bright and almost about to tear up, when he noticed that favorite way Ada looked at him, the way Cree knew he meant the world to him. 

The bar server came by to bring a couple of drinks they have ordered. He stood besides Ada’s. ‘Madame, here’s the drink you ordered. She looked at the server and noticed a little black velvet box the server put besides her drink. On top it was carved in gold letters ‘813’

Ada took the box and proceeded to open it.

Inside a little note. 

It said again ‘813’ and a little explanation for that strange number Ada’s written on every note recorded on her diary.

‘So you found it right?’

Ada’s nervous voice requested to Cree the reason why she couldn’t find her diary. But there was something that made her cry.

She understood the meaning, now for the three numbers.

Under the black deep sky, with the brightest stars and full moon as witnesses, Cree popped out the question.

‘We have enjoyed and get to each other during all these trips. Your support encouraged me to keep going. Your optimism I couldn’t avoid slowly absorbed me and became part of your life. Every free moment I had you were present in my thoughts and my need to be with you became a necessity, like the air we breathe.

When I found ur diary, I wanted to know if my thoughts were the compliment to yours.

I needed to have a woman that could understand me and care for me the way I do for her. Unstoppable. Passionate. Lovable.

Someone I’m sure it’s like my twin soul, the reflection of our ideals and respect. A woman that no matter what will relight my fire with just a look, hold my hand and never fall. A woman that will guide me through the darkness to her warm loving way of loving that fulfills me in every aspect, every need, every thought.

A strong woman with no flaws and as silly as a kid when I’m down. No matter how much we fought, still stood together and fought together our demons. 

Here I am now trying to tell you how much I care, how much I love you, how much I need you, after all these many trips and days and million seconds we have spent together; to ask you to never ever let them pass by in vain, alone. Here I am to close that circle and start a new one that compliments us like one. 

One soul

One heart

One meaning

Hoping you will feel and think the same my love

Hoping you to be healing my wounds 

Hoping you to be the one that fills the many empty spaces my heart has.

Hoping that one day this circle can finally be closed

For ever

And never loose it’s strength 

Not even million reasons to be broken

Nor wounded

Not even found in deeply sadness

Let’s close this circle 

Don’t let all this shared love to escape and get lost in eternity’

A black diamond ring, heart shaped.

February 11, 2022 18:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.