0 comments

Friendship Inspirational Fiction

“I cannot do all the good that the world needs. But the world needs all the good that I can do,” said the songwriter, Jana Stanfield.

Sahil was a person of good sense of humor. Being in his company had been always been cheerful and like never boring. As a staff in a huge Marketing Company of the Island, he was a down to

earth in person. His colleagues were amazing and they were a real team. This office was his second home and all the staffs were his family. Sahil was so popular for his good deeds he was offering in his daily life. He was doing it with great enthusiasm and discipline.  

At 4 a.m, after he was fresh up, he meditates for an hour. He was guided by a Buddhist master.

Meditation gave him mental peace, he always said it. In his past years, he was totally disturbed.

Teasing and doing silly pranks was fun for him. Those college days, with his friends, he had been hurting a lot of his classmates by his pranks. 1st April, on fool day, he makes plans and does the pranks. It had cost him a lot for a silly joke. Neha was very intelligent in the class. She never scored less than 85 % in each monthly assessment. Sahil stole her result slip with a help of a friend. He made her score less than 45%. For Neha, that was almost a FAIL. When the results were out Neha was disappointed. She stopped eating and could not believe her results. Neha had to admit for a month at hospital. Sahil realized his mistake and reveals the truth. Sahil was punished and got suspended from college. He even asked forgiveness with Neha. She recovered with time and at last, she forgave Sahil. She was glad to know a person who realises mistakes

and learn from it.

From that day, Sahil and Neha became good friends. Both were very sharp and they studied together. Sahil in contrast he became more helpful and caring. His encouragement talks and making everyone smile had been a great achievement from college days itself. He became a friend in need. Some friends started talking him for granted and indeed he was not blind but he prefers to let go. He kept helping and put a smile on their faces. On 1st April, he never came to college. For two continuous years, he was absent on that day. Some commented that he fears being a prank. Neha asked her one pretty day the reason of his absence.

Sahil said he joined a NGO who help poor people; he got a chance to serve. On 1st April, he went to plant several trees and flowers. His day ended on that satisfying work. He was at peace.

Second 1st April, he was a volunteer for two hours at an organization for Rehabilitation Centre. He met many mothers and grandmothers. He almost cries for those abandoned souls. A decision was made that he will bought gifts trice a year and meet his so-called mothers and grandmothers.

Not even Neha but his other friends were impressed by his super action. Immediately, he had more hands in this noble work. Soon, he entered the work field. He was separated with his best friend physically but they were in touch twice a year. On 1st April, it was a fixed date. Before starting a job, he donated his old cell phone and bought a new as he was about to start a new dimension of life. On the way to office, he always allows the fellow driver to merge in his lane. He became very humble. Meditation had taught her to let go and be positive.

When he arrived at office door first and a colleague behind, he would hold the door open for him or her. Sahil was so grateful and he felt blessed for whatever he had and more he would receive.

At job, he always answers phone calls with cheerful voice. Rudeness was out of his life dictionary. Every individual would love to talk to him whether on phone or personally. He was a gentleman. Whenever he missed a call, he always return a call back which leave a very professional impact on some people. 

In his office team, he had 3 close friends who he could trust and ask a helping hand whenever in need. These 3 fellows became close on the first day in office. They got a month of training with an experienced staff who was about to retire. Veer and Radhika shared their personal life events with Sahil. They sit together for lunch every day. They make a wonderful team and they were indeed, very sharp with time. Since Sahil left college, it had been already 5 years and the volunteering on 1st April was still going on. That day, for him it was a very special day. His college friends including Neha and his 3 office close friends were with him in the noble work.

Sahil organized a day for domestic animals. The whole city and neighborhood were invited to adopt an animal. It was free on that day. Sahil believed in adopting an animal means nurturing and is to give a life to his soul. Animals are loyal and love humans more than themselves. That day, Dogs and cats were in great number. Kids were more attracted to this event since they possess the same childish nature. They understand the words of love only.

The day was an awesome one which ended late at 9 p.m. All his friends even Sahil adopted a shelter animal of their choice. The very next day, Sahil received a huge amount of “Thank you” note. They came from different areas. It was a note for the entire team. Everybody was happy and so was Sahil. He treats his friends for dinner at his place after 2 days. He personally shows his gratitude. He decided to keep doing this noble job. He fined much satisfaction in this.

Life without good deeds is meaningless. Add some meanings through good deeds.      

April 02, 2021 17:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.