That Night

Written in response to: Write a story about a late bloomer.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Romance Teens & Young Adult

The night sky was picture perfect for a halloween night. It was pitch black with an almost full moon lighting the pathway as we walked to the party just blocks from where we lived. I was still unsure about going. It was just not the kind of thing I normally did. And excatly why I neede to do it decided my best friend who had convinced me to come tonight, almost against my will. I glanced down at my costume and smoothed the dress.

"Are you sure about this costume?" I asked her nervously. The dress barely covered my upper thighs and the angel wings made wearing a jacket impossible. I shivered. " I feel ridiclous."

"You look amazing." She reassured me.

I glanced over at her and burst out laughing. Of course she thought that because we were wearing almost identical costumes. I looped my arm through hers partly for warmth but mostly out of pure affection. I hurried us towards the house filled with people and loud music and took a deep breath, It's now or never Ellie. And stepped inside to my first college halloween party.

"Welcome ladies." a guy dressed as a race car driver said.

"He is cute." Amanda whispered to me.

I shrugged. He was tall and blonde. Not really my type at all.

"You are too picky. Come on. Lets go get a drink."

I folowed her through the crowd to the table where the punch bowl was and a few kegs of beer sat. I grabbed a glass of punch and immediately choked on it. It was heavily spiked with vodka. Amanda laughed. And I tried to play it off and slowly began to drink it again. I surveyed the room as the music began playing once again. Across the room I saw a guy watching me with an amused look on his face. He was dressed as a devil. Tall, muscular, and dark hair. More my type. I turned to point him out to Amanda but she was already moving out onto the dance floor with the race car driver leaving me standing there alone. Feeling vulenerable I sipped on my drink and watched the good looking guy when I thought he wasnt looking. But after a few times of perfectly timed glances he was gone. Where had he gone? I started looking on the dance floor and around the punch bowl as I refilled my cup. It was like he had just up and vanished.

"Looking for me?" a low voice asked me.

I turned around and came face to face with the devil. "Uh, No." I stammered.

He laughed. "Do you wanna dance then?"

I blushed. "I really dont dance that good."

He grabbed my hand, " Well I happen to be able to dance good so you can just follow me, okay?"

I nodded and let him lead me onto the floor. He leaned in to whisper to me, " Just move your body to the beat." He put his hands on my hips and turned me around so my backside was facing his front. I could feel his chest on my back and feel his breath as he leaned in close to me moving my body with his.

"See you can dance." He whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine. the closeness of him was effecting me in a way I had never exepercienced before. I leaned back into him so our bodies were touching almost as one. I thought I heard him groan. I had a strong desire to turn around and wrap my arms around this stranger and kiss him. But before I dared to move again the song ended and for a moment neither of us moved. Then slowly we broke apart and I smiled at him.

"Thanks for the dance....." he said, his eyes drawing me in. "What should I call you?"

I laughed. "I'm Ellie."

"Well Ellie, I'm Michael." He winked at me. "Do you want to get a drink?"

It was almost mesmerizing the pull he had over me in such a short time. "Sure that sounds good."

He reached over and grabbed my hand, "Unless you wanna go for a walk and talk? If you think you would be safe with me that is."

I laughed and wiggled my wings. "I didnt bring a jacket. Or a walk would be very nice." Away from all the people, just him and I. Alone. The idea of that once again sent shivers through me.

"Here." He removed his leather coat and slipped it onto my arms from the front side. It smelled like him. Like a musk with a hint of cinnamon. Spicy and warm.

"Now how about that walk?' his voice was calming and so telling. I could sense his attraction to me. It was driving me crazy.

"Okay." I put my hand in his wanting to pull him to me and kiss him. But I was really wanting him to make the first move. The closeness of him was making me dizzy. I couldnt think of anything to say. Hoping he would take the lead and start the conversation.

"What are you studying?" He asked me.

"Im studying psychology in children."

"Hmm..." he glanced at me sideways, "That seems fitting."

I blushed. "Why do you say that?"

He was quiet for a few minutes then he stopped and stood in front of me. He reached up and brushed a piece of hair back from my face and leaned in till our lips almost touched, "Because you are smart...and sweet."

I could barely breathe as I felt his lips touch mine, softly at first then gradually more intense till our tognues intwined and a moan escaped my mouth. My heart was beating really loud. My hands were around his neck and I didnt want to let go. But I knew if this continued much longer my reserve would be total and utter weakness. And I would surrender myself to him.

Slowly we pulled away. My breathing was still coming fast and I blushed at the obvious effect he had on him. When I looked at him he smiled. "I have been wanting to do that since I first saw you."

I smiled at him. "Me too."

"But," he took my hand and we began to walk again. "I dont think we should get involved."

I felt like someone had just punched me. I didnt understand.

"Its not that I dont like you...but you dont want to get involved with someone like me. Im no good at realtionships."

I let go of his hand. "I dont understand. Im not asking for a realtionship. I just want to get to know you is all."

"If I could be that kind of guy I would for you. Trust me. But I know me it never goes past a one night stand. And I dont want to do that to you."

"Maybe you wouldnt." I didnt know if I was trying to convince me or him. But something told me it was worth a chance.

"But what if I did? Then you would hate me wouldnt you?"

I leaned foward and kissed him. And then wrapped my arms around him whispering in his ear, "I doubt I could hate you."

He kissed me back. "Are you really wanting to take the chance?"

I kissed him deeper and longer in response. Waiting for his reply and when he wrapped his arms around me I knew he was mine. For the night at least.

As we drove to my apartment it was quiet. The air was filled with excitement and apprehension. I knew it was a risk going home with a man who basically had said he was going to use me for one night. Then disappear and leave me filled with regret. But as I glanced at him sideways, his rugged good looks something pulled at my heart. That there was something more to him. A side of him that was not easily seen. A softness. I couldnt place my finger on it but there was a reason we met. And I always played it so safe in everything I do that for one night I wanted to live on the edge, to know what it felt like.

"Come on in." I opened my door and turned on the light.

He stepped in and looked around. It wasnt much. But it was mine. I headed into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. "Do you want anything to drink?" I called out.

He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "I only want you."

I melted into his arms. "And I want you."

His lips found my neck and he began to kiss me. But after a moment he stopped ad turned me around to face him. "But I want to do things different with you. I cant explain it...I just already feel something for you."

I looked at him and smiled. "What? Too much?" he asked.

"No just enough." I kissed him. "I feel something for you too."

He smiled. "Good. So the question now is do you trust me? Yourself?"

"What do you mean?"

"Come on and I will show you." He began to walk towards my bedroom and I followed behind him my heart pounding loudly. As we entered my room he sat down on my bed andI sat down next to him. He leaned in to kiss me gently then more passionately. Slowly we moved to laying down side by side. He carassed my face and kissed me again but then rolled onto his back.

"Did I do something wrong?"

He looks at me tenderly, "No. Im just trying to hold myself back from tearing off your clothes and having my way with you."

I giggled. "Oh. I see. That seems to be a real problem."

He laughs. "For me it is. But I told you I want to do things right with you. Maybe I should just go home. This might just be too big of a tempatation for me, at least."

"I dont want you to leave. Please stay."

"I can try." He held out his arms for me to lay down in and I immediately curled up there like the space had alwas been meant for me right there with my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating as quickly as mine. It was reassuring to me and I closed my eyes falling asleep in Michael's arms.

When I awoke in the morning I half expected him to be gone but he was still there, next to me in my bed. The place he said he never remained with girls. I smiled as I watched him sleep and as I lay back down next to him I hear him whisper, "Were you looking for me?" And I kissed him in response because I knew I didnt have to worry about him not being there in the morning anymore for he had proved he could be that guy for me. And that love had finally come for me.

December 24, 2021 01:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.