0 comments

Adventure Fiction Inspirational

Dear Diary Sheri wrote in her diary every night. Here we are again, haven't reached my goal yet but I'm working on it someday someday. If I save my money for it then art school is where I'll go. I have a sort of liking for old art. In my room I keep a picture of a dirt path with a beautiful garden to the sides of the path. When I can't sleep I close my eyes and walk the path until I drift off to slumber. Tonight I hope I meet Martin again, an whom shall he be tonight, Martin her make believe boyfriend who was always supportive of her. Here I am , she continued writing, 24 a waitress I make good money but no love in my life. Did I miss the boat she wrote, am I going to be alone all my life.

Saturday arrived and Sheri had to work, how will I meet people if I work every Saturday. In he came a muscular man with arms that could sweep her off her feet. Hello is it just you tonight? Yea I just got off work. Sheri walk him to a nice table. No I'd rather have a booth, hum thinks Sheri a man who knows what he likes and so independent, I like that I can trust his opinion . As Sheri meets the counter to grab an order to take out she imagines lassoing the guy she just sat. and saying to him " seeing anyone? ". Sheri delivered the order to the table she was going to then approached the new table the guy was at. Hello my name is Sheri are you ready to order she said. Hi Sheri my name is Sam, he reached out his hand to shake her hand. Sheri could feel her heart in her throat. Nice to meet you Sam she said. Are you ready to order. I'll have ribs, a baked potato and vegetable. Good said Sheri , she she left to hang the order in the cooks window.

Time went on and every Saturday for a month Sam came in the restaurant . He's asked for Sheri's station. Sheri said Sam are you seeing anyone, she smiled and said no. I don't have a girlfriend either said Sam, why don't we go out some time. Sheri blinked twice, trying not to blush too bright. Is that a yes said Sam. Yes said Sheri.

When Sheri got home she wrote in her Diary: Today I got asked out by a really nice guy, his name is Sam, I'm so excited, I'm sure I'll tell you all about it.

Monday her day off the even fell swiftly and the door bell rang. There stood Sam and with flowers. Sheri was right she felt swept off her feet. So Sheri I know your a waitress, I'm a fireman said Sam

It's fun. and lets go tonight to Bob's grill and movie theater. Wow yea Sheri says. They left the house and were off.

Sheri got home at 11pm and told her diary all about her date. it was six months when Sam popped the question about marriage . Sheri said yes.

Sheri woke up one morning, She was in the hospital. The nurse came in and Sheri asked what happened. The nurse told her her house caught on fire and that she kept asking for Sam honey Sam didn't make it. NO! shouted we were going to be married. OH GOD WHY. Shhh Honey you have a visitor said the nurse. Martin is his name. What Martin doesn't exist. I do as he entered the room talking , Sam shouted Sheri crying happy tears. Honey Sam was our cat remember. but the diary, the garden. Yes honey there was a garden we walked in quit a few times. Your mom is safe, not much damage to the house. You fell down the stairs and hit your head. Do you remember. and Yes we got married. That was the last entry in your diary, instead of the end you wrote the beginning. And here are some brochures for art school, we can afford it. Sheri smiled all her dreams were coming true. Martin told Sheri they would be going home in a couple of days as soon as she was a little better.

Thanksgiving came Sheri's mom helped prepare dinner. Turkey with all the trimmings , salads of every type, finger foods too keep you full until dinner. As dinner was served the prayer was said. Let us give thanks... and for the recovery of Sheri. Sheri was still confused, after all how could she mistake Sam for Martin. Martin didn't exist and Sam a cat? It was all Too unreal.

The cell phone rang in the kitchen. Sheri entered to kitchen to answer it. It was sheriff Myers honey may I talk to you, alone. Sure said Sheri I'll come to you in half hour. Sheri left the house to go to the store she told Martin and her mother.

Sheri reached the Sheriff's office and went inside. May I ask what this is about. You're not crazy, I have your diary here. Martin is Sam an undercover agent with the government. Your mother isn't herself lately. Is someone after her said Sheri, no she's your mother's cousin from out of state, your mother is in a rest home, close by I'm sure you'll see for yourself she's herself not the woman in the house. A real Thanksgiving treat huh.

The sheriff took Sheri to her mother. Mom what's going on. Your you I can see that Sheri says her mother. My cousin found out I had bonds from the airplane company your dad worked at, they mature around now and worth 3 million dollars, she aims to cash them in. You and Sam aren't married yet, but tonight you will be and whew have I got a wedding gift for you both. Is being a spy a steady job Sheri laughed.

Sheri and the sheriff drove to Sheri's home with her mother, The cousin came outside. What do you want Martha, Martha well I never said Sheri's mom. The sheriff arrested the false cousin and off they went.

Sheri's real mom called the Pastor to marry Sam and Sheri on Thanksgiving night. What a wonderful surprise said Sam this is better than getting the drumstick , it's like getting a sack of potatoes, Sheri laughed at Sam. And honey you know what? Art school her I come.

November 02, 2020 05:31

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.