0 comments

Fantasy Horror Thriller

Of all the seasons, Suzanne loved fall the best and her favorite holiday was Halloween. The cold chill in the air and the spooky movies on the tube really made the whole experience complete. She was in a hurry as she walked home from the bus stop. It was Friday and she was going to a costume party tonight and she could hardly wait.

She listened as the dry leaves rustled in the trees and crunched under her feet as she walked along. She pulled the collar up on her leather coat to block out some of the chilly evening air. This was the best holiday for her because getting all dressed up in some costume was what she loved to do the most. It gave her the chance to show off a different side of her personality that, under normal circumstances, she would be too afraid to expose. It was like play-acting and she loved every minute of it.

When she got home she made a light supper, got cleaned up and then changed into her costume for the party. Last year she had dressed up as a red-hot devil chick, boy did that one drive the guys crazy, but this year it would be something really different because this year she would be the wholesome fun loving cheerleader. The cheerleader she had never been allowed to be because her family had dictated otherwise but tonight she will get the chance to play one even if it is only for one night.

She worked on her make up and hair and when she was satisfied that she looked her best she set out for the party. Just as she stepped out her front door a rag was pressed against her mouth and nose and an arm wrapped around her chest. The rag had a strange smell to it and she suddenly lost strength in her arms and legs and the more she breathed the weaker she became.

She found herself getting very limp and unable to fight back, and then it felt as if she were floating down the steps and across the lawn towards a chair in her neighbor’s front yard…it was hazy and dreamlike under the light of the full moon…she moved slowly and it was so very unreal…

She could feel the chair, cold against her back, and her head rolled back to look up at the night sky, the stars and moon were bright tonight she thought. She felt her arms being pulled up and tied to the arms of the chair. And she watched, dreamlike, as coils of rope tightened around each wrist and then up her arms. When she opened her mouth to speak a wad of cloth was stuffed in it and tied tightly in place. Her mouth already felt dry and cottony and she almost choked on the ball of cloth.

She felt her legs being pulled apart and tied to the legs of the chair at her ankles and her knees. Then coils of rope were wrapped around her waist and chest to hold her tightly to the chair. As her head slowly began to clear she realized that this was no dream, it was all very real and happening to her in the bright light of the full moon…

Suzanne’s captor stood up in front of her now and began to cover her body in a big black cloak with hood that covered her entire body. Something looked oddly familiar about this girl though and when she finished she stood over her with her hands on her hips surveying her handiwork, when she finally spoke Suzanne realized it was Kelly, a girl she had met at last years party, she was wearing a black shiny leather mini skirt, black tights, black shiny leather bustier and black patent leather knee boots.

“You’re not ruining my Halloween this year," she said shaking her head.

Suzanne squirmed and pulled trying to get out of the bindings encircling her body.

“Remember me do you?” Kelly asked. “Last year you showed up at the party in that smutty little devil outfit and stole the whole scene. I didn't even get a shot at meeting someone nice that night, well your not going to ruin the party for me tonight or anyone else for that matter.”

Suzanne twisted her body around and tried in vain to get her arms loose from the chair but Kelly had tied her like and expert and she could hardly move at all.

“As all the party goers and trick or treaters pass by, they'll see you here but they won't know the trouble you’re in or even realize it's you,” Kelly said.

As Kelly stood in front of Suzanne she pulled a clear plastic bag from the waistband of her skirt and when Suzanne saw this she began to struggle even more against her bindings.

"Oh, I see you know what this is for? Good,” Kelly stated.

Then Kelly pulled the bag over Suzanne's head and followed it up with a tight sheath made from a pair of black tights, this pressed the bag tight against her face.

Now Kelly pulled the hood on the black cape up over Suzanne’s head and tied it around her neck, drawing the collar tightly around her neck and sealing the bag underneath with it. Stepping back Kelly adjusted the front of the hood then turned and walked a short distance away. Standing on the sidewalk, ten feet away from her bound and bagged victim, she couldn't tell it wasn’t anything more than one of those leaf people that Halloween lovers made from old clothes and leaves.

She stood there and watched as two small children rounded the corner and went up to the front door of the house rang the bell and called out "trick or treat!" Suzanne could see through the bag when it expanded after she exhaled, and she watched as the children passed her by, as if she wasn't even there. Looking down she could see that the cloak and cape covered her body and chair, obscuring her looks. When she inhaled the world got dark, as the nylon covered plastic bag was pressed tight against her face, then she quickly began to gasp for breath.

The children passed by the bound young girl again, with a little more candy in their bags. They never even looked over to see the black hooded figure clench its fists tightly as she struggled for air. Kelly watched intently as the bag expanded slightly under the hood and then quickly contracted against her face. Suzanne was breathing slowly, trying in vain to hold her precious breath for as long as she could. Stupid, she is only prolonging the agony, Kelly thought as she watched Suzanne’s hooded head bob back and forth as she struggled for air. Kelly knew she was gasping under the hood. Her mouth was probably gaping wide open by now trying to find another breath inside the plastic bag, another breath that wasn't there.

Suzanne’s mind was racing and her lungs were burning…how could these people not see me? She could see them, the cars going by on the street, she could make out the lady across the street walking her dog and all the while the demented Kelly stood on the nearby sidewalk smoking and doing nothing. Now the plastic bag was getting tight and it felt like her life was being crushed from her chest. She was heaving and gasping and clawing the empty air with her hands. If only someone would see her.

When Suzanne inhaled, the plastic bag became like a second layer of skin covering her face, giving it an almost artificial look. Air... she had to have air. The bag was being forced into her nose and mouth now and she could hear the crackling of it in her ears as she sucked the plastic in. The gag was keeping her silent as she struggled for her life. She twisted her wrists and clawed at the arms of the chair but found no respite there. Kelly could see the tell tale signs now; hands clenched tight like little balls and her body arching against the ropes around her body as Suzanne fought for every breath.

The bag was moving very rapidly now; in and out, in and out, gradually it slowed and then it just expanded and stopped. Suzanne’s head drooped forward and she was not moving. Kelly looked around; the street was empty as she walked up to her dead rival. but just as she reached out to touch Suzanne's head it suddenly snapped upright and the bag closed in again. Kelly jumped and pulled her hand back as if she had just been shocked.

She could hear Suzanne moaning softly through her gag. One last, shallow breath and then the bag expanded again and the hooded head fell forward. Kelly was sure she was dead now, no one could last that long with a plastic bag sealed over their head. Turning on the heels of her black leather knee boots, she lit a cigarette and made her way to the party. 

October 23, 2021 20:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.