Write a story about someone who started a road trip ten years ago and haven’t stopped since

Submitted into Contest #6 in response to: Write a story about someone who started a road trip ten years ago and hasn't stopped since.... view prompt

0 comments

General

“Girl if you don’t get up and get ready for school you know the drill we go to school

 around here” that was my mother’s voice a day before I decided to leave, I didn’t know where I was going but I knew I was leaving from here. I was in my last days of my senior year and was not happy with my outcome. I didn’t have good grades so I wasn’t getting accepted into one of them fancy college’s, I didn’t have a support system like most people and my boyfriend … yeah well, I’m done with him and after tomorrow NOBODY is holding me back. Even though I didn’t get good grades I still was able to graduate and then after that I’m planning this road trip out. “I love you baby and I’m so proud of you” my mother said to me as I was leaving the house that morning for school, she lights up my soul and makes me happy in so many ways that I couldn’t even explain to you. I love her with all the blood in me. I had to be at school at 8:00am but I walked in at 8:05 that was because I was sitting at the bus stop brainstorming about where I was going to go and I came up with a list that says at the top of the paper “ 10 places I’m traveling first” those places are South Africa, Bali, Asia, India, Thailand, Dubai, Italy, Paris, Barbados and Bora Bora. I know, they’re all out the country, I’m sick of America all these massive shootings are sick!

 



I was walking in to class and I had never felt so at peace with my traveling goals? and then I was interrupted, “ You’re late once again Miss Marky” said my English teacher she’s always on my back, she doesn’t even give me room to breathe but I’m going to miss her once I graduate.” The universe is mine and I will explore it” that’s me talking to myself as I’m super excited to start this road trip with me, my self and I. (This is sort of a grammatically awkward sentence because the narrator is talking to the reader most of the paper. So if you want the narrator to announce that they are talking to themselves, I would say that first and then proceed to have the narrator talk to themselves. For example: I told myself, “The universe is mine and I will explore it.”But oh crap I forgot I had to talk to my boyfriend about what I’m doing and that I might be gone for some time some years at that. I hope he takes this lightly and maybe he could come with? I know I said that nobody was holding me back but I still love him and I can’t just leave him like that you know. Walking down the hallway and I see him, here he comes what do I say what do I say oh lord help me. 



Me: Hey baby how’s school? 

Murcus: Hey, school is stressful, Ms.Apple bottom is getting on my last nerve LITERALLY! 

Me: Oh God, what did she do now?

Murcus: Marked me absent and I walked in on time. I don’t like that because I was on time this whole week and she still seems to mark me absent it feels like she hates me almost but anyway what’s up how are you? 

Me: I’m good, I just had something really important to talk to you about.

Murcus: well what is it? 

Me: So, after graduation I was thinking about taking a road trip. Just getting out of here exploring the world seeing different things and I wanted to know if you’ll be willing to come with me. I know you have you own plans and goals for your life and trust me I’m not trying to stop you. I just figured I’ll bring it to your attention and see what you think about it. 

Murcus: Okay that sounds good. I don’t know at this moment though graduation is just around the corner and that’s a huge decision to make right now right at this second. 

Me: yeah, I know it's kind of last minute but think about what else do we have to lose? 

Murcus : Right I’ll let you know though for sure. Go to class I’ll see you later. 


Well that went well. I honestly thought he was going to be like “girl bye” but I’m glad that it went well. heck that’s out the way. First class of the day English I love English it makes me smarter than I already am just makes me wonder what will I be doing when I do travel I could try new food, meet new people, I’m definitely going shopping and learn a new language omg I’m so exited now more excited then I already was when I get home later today I’m going to start packing and planning. The bell rings at exactly 2:30 I spring out of here like a horse running a race . I make it home and the phone rings it’s Marcus, he tells me that he agrees to go with me on my trip and I started balling tears of joy. I’m happy he decided to come with. Okay now to the planning, I am taking one luggage with 5 outfits, 1 pair of boots, 2 pair of shoes, 1 pair of Sandals and just basic other stuff not too much. Let’s go on this adventure! 



2019


It's been ten years and we have traveled everywhere I said I would. South Africa was beautiful, it was like a new tank of oxygen the food was amazing with a capital A my favorite dish was fufu with goat meat, shrimp, bell peppers and carrots. I met some beautiful souls and backpacked through Asia the following month rode on some elephants and met the chief of Asia where I also learned the language and how to eat with chop sticks. The next month after that we backpacked through Bora Bora here the sand felt like it was magically connected to my feet as I walked from one side of the beach to the other. Magically Satisfied. After that I went to Barbados where someone made me an outfit for the carnival of colors of green, gold and blue I got to dance all night and feel my hips twirl to the Caribbean Sound that dropped down my ears. Don’t get me started on Thailand, the most amazingly adventure I’ve ever been on. I got to go to monkey beach Phi Phi island where they sat on my lap like they knew me, next was Pa Tong another beach that took my breath away. I’ve traveled to all places I said would and still not done. I have a little nugget in the oven now and she , I'm hoping, would spark more travel in us. Now that we own a house and live at peace this is an awkward saying, because usually people say rest in peace when they’re dead. Like, I get what you mean, you’re trying to say your life is peaceful. Find a way to rephrase what you mean, and having freedom puts my mind at ease, I can only image what the next ten years bring. 




 




September 14, 2019 03:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.