STRANGE HAPPINESS

Submitted into Contest #74 in response to: Write a story in the form of a top-ten list.... view prompt

48 comments

Happy

1)     She took a deep breath, taking in the odor of that place. This was her favorite place in the whole world, she would give anything to come here. She could feel her body getting relaxed in that environment.It was just the type of her place. The place of peace and tranquility, where no one will disturb you. There would be no place anywhere where you will find this much calmness and coziness. The silence filled her ear, and the sweet aroma of the librarian perfume filled her nostrils. She was filled with happiness, a strange happiness that only this place could give her. It was like she bewitched from her surroundings, the shocked but delighted look on her pretty face was worth admiring.

 Her purse that was hanging on her left shoulder, made jingling noised, as she stride forward. . Her boots hardly making any noise. She carefully walked to the shelves trying not to break the pleasant silence. She stopped in front of the fantasy books. The first book which her eyes caught was harry potter and her heart give a leap. The whole series was lined in front of her but disheartedly she resisted herself from buying it because she already had it at home and she hadn’t come here to buy harry potter. The whole list of books was safely tucked in her purse but then she didn’t need any reminders. Her eyes strolled down the rows looking for the desired book. Her face broke into a grin as she finally  found what she was looking for: “hunger games” she gently pull out the three books in its series and put it aside. She waited for so long to read this series and now she had it. She made a mental note to herself: one down, nine to go.

2)     She looked around, wherever she turned her gaze her eyes met books, only books. Books of different kinds, of different categories, of different color, of different size, all with the different title and all concealing a new and different story inside them.

Mariana put the hand over the book’s title and stroked it, the embossed words tickling the inside of her palm.

She felt the words individually: D.I.V.E.R.G.E.N.T. She was getting excited and excited as she was filling her pocket with books.

3)     Fantastic beasts was the third book on her list, and it wasn’t hard to find it because it was near harry potter series. She had promised to herself that she would buy every single book related to harry potter. She had heard a lot about it and now she had it under her hands. And she now would read it!

4)     ‘Percy Jackson, Percy Jackson’, she mumbled to herself while examining the rows and columns. She had only read one series of Percy Jackson and the whole lot series were waiting for her. This book was recommended by her friend and she trust her friends for that. But unfortunately she only had five books and now Mariana was so curious about the other books that she couldn’t wait. “Ahah!” she had spotted the Percy Jackson series, she quickly ran to the spot and took it out. Oh no she thought. They were the series, she had read, she wanted the books that were after that. But nonetheless she put those series in her basket as she didn’t have it at home.

5)     Her brother had brought a book for her and coincidentally it was a series book and when she had completed it, she wanted the next parts of Eragon. It was also a very cute book with a dragon in it and when she had read it, a new wish born’ in her of taming a dragon.

6)     Her heart was thumping, the next book, of which she had seen the movie many times, but as everyone knows that the movie is nothing in front of the book. She had caught a glimpse of the book twilight which was situated in the last row, she crouched down and looked gleefully at the book and didn’t wasted her time and pull the book out.

7)     Many people had complained to her that why she always liked the books in the series, couldn’t she just read a book which had only one part and put an end to it. Amazingly, she also didn’t know why she always got the series book in her hand. The book which she was looking out was one of her favorites and this book was also in a series: Alex rider. It is the most amazing action novel she had seen. How Anthony Horowitz describes every scene is just beyond great. His novels are EPIC. And this thanks also went to her friends for telling her of Alex rider. This book also has 10 books and she had only read 5 of them and now she was looking out for the rest of them. She couldn’t believe her luck, all the parts were in front of her she quickly took it, as afraid that someone else would take it before her. She just couldn’t wait to tell her friends, her friends also hadn’t read and now she would give them a surprise!

8)     And now the most awaited book, by her favorite author ‘Khaled Hosseini’s: thousand splendid suns. She had already read his two books which he had written and now there was one book left which she hadn’t read. This was the book she was most excited for. She just loved his book kite runner and couldn’t wait to read this book. Her heart drummed joyfully as she put the book ‘thousand splendid suns’ in her basket.

9)     The book thief wasn’t hard to find. She put that book in her basket too. And now she again made a mental note: nine down, one to go!

10)  Woo hooo! She couldn’t believe she had bought so many books. And now only one book was left and it was a poetry book ‘Raven and Redux’ by Alexander Bentley. This book was also not hard to find. It was like her heart was dancing inside her chest. She just wanted to jump and give a whooooop! She would go home, brew a cup of coffee, and made herself comfortable on the couch and then she would decide which book to read!

December 31, 2020 15:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

48 comments

I love your bio and your story Amel! :)

Reply

Amel Parvez
15:56 Jan 08, 2021

i am glad you loved my story and my bio. <3

Reply

Your welcome!

Reply

Amel Parvez
10:49 Jan 09, 2021

My pleasure:)

Reply

Amel Parvez
17:15 Jan 09, 2021

:d

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Bareera Samra
20:17 Jan 01, 2021

P.s. i absolutely loveeee ur bioo!

Reply

Amel Parvez
11:10 Jan 02, 2021

gooda ho gya

Reply

Bareera Samra
12:54 Jan 02, 2021

Haha 💜

Reply

Show 0 replies
Bareera Samra
12:54 Jan 02, 2021

Haha 💜

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Aafia Hanya
20:21 Jan 01, 2021

Me tooooo☺️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Bareera Samra
20:14 Jan 01, 2021

Amel.........Amel! I want this comment to make you sooo happy, as happy as this story made me...... Amel, this was fantastic! I loved each and every word, i literally devoured the story! Your idea was astounding, the writing style was S.P.L.E.N.D.I.D! I wish i could write like you! i just loved the way you described the feeling of buying books, the slight fear that someone else might buy the same book before you, or the most WONDEROUS feeling of going home and drinking coffee! Isn't it our, booklovers, goal,"coffee and a good book" *winks* ...

Reply

Amel Parvez
11:14 Jan 02, 2021

bareera, man, i just love your comment and i have told you this before. and yes you did make me happy by this comment. and yes you do write beautifully and better than me. and i am so glad you liked my story sooo much. and if you haven't read these books then u ought to. and i am not sure about continuing this story but yeah i can use the same character in any other story of mine. ''Isn't it our, booklovers, goal,"coffee and a good book" yes bro it is. lots of love.

Reply

Bareera Samra
13:07 Jan 02, 2021

Nah, don't say that, u write way better! I will read those books, soon. Yes, please use the character in other stories! <3

Reply

Show 0 replies
Bareera Samra
13:08 Jan 02, 2021

Nah, don't say that, u write way better! I will read those books, soon. Yes, please use the character in other stories! <3

Reply

Amel Parvez
11:26 Jan 03, 2021

Of u try using can write like this. And I will try to use her❤

Reply

Bareera Samra
21:53 Jan 03, 2021

Thanks 💖

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Aafia Hanya
20:20 Jan 01, 2021

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bruhhhhhhh😭😭💜💜💜 Yaar... Maira Dil phatt Raha hai khusi sai... Mujhay Eragon aur twilight pharni haiiiiii, book theif bhi. This book was recommended by her friend and she trust her friends for that. 🥺🥺🥺💜 just saying😂😂 Tum nai to saari beautys likh deen Mujhay is Mariana sai dosti karni hai, fortunately, mairi pehlay sai hai💜💜 Apart from all that, the story is sooooooooooo beautiful ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Itni beautifullllll Kai bas💜 Raat aik bajay tum nai mujhay inna khush Kar dia ab mairay andar literally inni energy bhar gai hai s...

Reply

Amel Parvez
11:10 Jan 02, 2021

and u made me super happy by your sweet comment! love ya. btw, u coming? seriously

Reply

Aafia Hanya
12:45 Jan 02, 2021

☺️☺️☺️ Love ya too💜 I wish🙂 Aaj Aon? Waqai aa Jaon?🙂

Reply

Amel Parvez
11:25 Jan 03, 2021

Aa jao

Reply

Aafia Hanya
18:21 Jan 03, 2021

🙂

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Keri Dyck
01:43 Feb 10, 2021

Hi, so I was assigned your story to critique. I love the idea and recognized a lot of the books! One thing I would say is that you need to be more careful with your verb tenses. Some sentences were past, some present, and some switched halfway through. Other than that, good job!

Reply

Amel Parvez
03:18 Feb 10, 2021

Oopsie! Glad that u liked it, next time I will look out for my mistakes;)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wirda Bibi
13:10 Jan 03, 2021

Amel! This story is amazing. I can also imagine myself buying books like Mariana and I can also smell the odor of library:) Hoping to see you a future writer:)

Reply

Amel Parvez
13:54 Jan 04, 2021

thnaka

Reply

Wirda Bibi
04:22 Jan 05, 2021

no problem:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Hoor Amin
02:25 Jun 04, 2021

Oh damn! Hands down to hunger games, divergent, the book theif, a thousand splendid suns, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter and LASTLY, Alex Rider

Reply

Amel Parvez
02:27 Jun 04, 2021

Damn Hooriya! thank u soooo much for ur time and for this comment:))

Reply

Hoor Amin
02:28 Jun 04, 2021

You're welcome! And I wouldn't call myself your sun if I didn't take out time for you ♡

Reply

Amel Parvez
02:45 Jun 04, 2021

yeah.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Moon Lion
23:26 Feb 12, 2021

Such an amazing story, and ahhh so many of my favourite books :), I loved it! All the best with your next writing adventures!

Reply

Amel Parvez
08:27 Feb 13, 2021

Thnx for giving your time to it. I am so glad that u liked it. And thank you so much again.

Reply

Moon Lion
17:33 Feb 13, 2021

Anytime

Reply

Amel Parvez
21:48 Feb 13, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
TJ Squared
04:29 Feb 12, 2021

I like your bio and pfp! So colorful!

Reply

Amel Parvez
15:20 Feb 12, 2021

Thank you soo much!

Reply

TJ Squared
17:20 Feb 12, 2021

No problem! :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Dalyane Deblois
23:11 Feb 11, 2021

Great story Amel! Being a book lover myself, I totally relate to the story which made me smile! Percy Jackson's one of my favorites along with Harry Potter!:)

Reply

Amel Parvez
15:18 Feb 12, 2021

thnx! YAY! i know those books are just EPIC! anyways, thnx for your time.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Unknown User
16:25 Jan 18, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Amel Parvez
19:17 Jan 18, 2021

I am SO glad that u liked it. (😊)

Reply

Unknown User
01:36 Jan 19, 2021

<removed by user>

Reply

Amel Parvez
01:40 Jan 19, 2021

💜

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Danny -
11:31 Feb 15, 2021

Great story! lol i don't know what most books you wrote down were about, but I loved the way you've written this....the first and second, i still get.....Great job, Amel :))

Reply

Amel Parvez
11:35 Feb 15, 2021

Haha XD Nevermind:) Anyways thnx for your time. And I am glad that u liked it.

Reply

Danny -
11:36 Feb 15, 2021

of course :))

Reply

Amel Parvez
11:36 Feb 15, 2021

:)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.