1) She took a deep breath, taking in the odor of that place. This was her favorite place in the whole world, she would give anything to come here. She could feel her body getting relaxed in that environment.It was just the type of her place. The place of peace and tranquility, where no one will disturb you. There would be no place anywhere where you will find this much calmness and coziness. The silence filled her ear, and the sweet aroma of the librarian perfume filled her nostrils. She was filled with happiness, a strange happiness that only this place could give her. It was like she bewitched from her surroundings, the shocked but delighted look on her pretty face was worth admiring.
Her purse that was hanging on her left shoulder, made jingling noised, as she stride forward. . Her boots hardly making any noise. She carefully walked to the shelves trying not to break the pleasant silence. She stopped in front of the fantasy books. The first book which her eyes caught was harry potter and her heart give a leap. The whole series was lined in front of her but disheartedly she resisted herself from buying it because she already had it at home and she hadn’t come here to buy harry potter. The whole list of books was safely tucked in her purse but then she didn’t need any reminders. Her eyes strolled down the rows looking for the desired book. Her face broke into a grin as she finally found what she was looking for: “hunger games” she gently pull out the three books in its series and put it aside. She waited for so long to read this series and now she had it. She made a mental note to herself: one down, nine to go.
2) She looked around, wherever she turned her gaze her eyes met books, only books. Books of different kinds, of different categories, of different color, of different size, all with the different title and all concealing a new and different story inside them.
Mariana put the hand over the book’s title and stroked it, the embossed words tickling the inside of her palm.
She felt the words individually: D.I.V.E.R.G.E.N.T. She was getting excited and excited as she was filling her pocket with books.
3) Fantastic beasts was the third book on her list, and it wasn’t hard to find it because it was near harry potter series. She had promised to herself that she would buy every single book related to harry potter. She had heard a lot about it and now she had it under her hands. And she now would read it!
4) ‘Percy Jackson, Percy Jackson’, she mumbled to herself while examining the rows and columns. She had only read one series of Percy Jackson and the whole lot series were waiting for her. This book was recommended by her friend and she trust her friends for that. But unfortunately she only had five books and now Mariana was so curious about the other books that she couldn’t wait. “Ahah!” she had spotted the Percy Jackson series, she quickly ran to the spot and took it out. Oh no she thought. They were the series, she had read, she wanted the books that were after that. But nonetheless she put those series in her basket as she didn’t have it at home.
5) Her brother had brought a book for her and coincidentally it was a series book and when she had completed it, she wanted the next parts of Eragon. It was also a very cute book with a dragon in it and when she had read it, a new wish born’ in her of taming a dragon.
6) Her heart was thumping, the next book, of which she had seen the movie many times, but as everyone knows that the movie is nothing in front of the book. She had caught a glimpse of the book twilight which was situated in the last row, she crouched down and looked gleefully at the book and didn’t wasted her time and pull the book out.
7) Many people had complained to her that why she always liked the books in the series, couldn’t she just read a book which had only one part and put an end to it. Amazingly, she also didn’t know why she always got the series book in her hand. The book which she was looking out was one of her favorites and this book was also in a series: Alex rider. It is the most amazing action novel she had seen. How Anthony Horowitz describes every scene is just beyond great. His novels are EPIC. And this thanks also went to her friends for telling her of Alex rider. This book also has 10 books and she had only read 5 of them and now she was looking out for the rest of them. She couldn’t believe her luck, all the parts were in front of her she quickly took it, as afraid that someone else would take it before her. She just couldn’t wait to tell her friends, her friends also hadn’t read and now she would give them a surprise!
8) And now the most awaited book, by her favorite author ‘Khaled Hosseini’s: thousand splendid suns. She had already read his two books which he had written and now there was one book left which she hadn’t read. This was the book she was most excited for. She just loved his book kite runner and couldn’t wait to read this book. Her heart drummed joyfully as she put the book ‘thousand splendid suns’ in her basket.
9) The book thief wasn’t hard to find. She put that book in her basket too. And now she again made a mental note: nine down, one to go!
10) Woo hooo! She couldn’t believe she had bought so many books. And now only one book was left and it was a poetry book ‘Raven and Redux’ by Alexander Bentley. This book was also not hard to find. It was like her heart was dancing inside her chest. She just wanted to jump and give a whooooop! She would go home, brew a cup of coffee, and made herself comfortable on the couch and then she would decide which book to read!