2 comments

Adventure

Mindy was having some hardship at home, so she decided to take her boat on a journey through the ocean in search of another land. She road the treacherous seas for many days and nights. She often wondered if she made the right decision.

On the 4th day at sea she awoke to a crisp, beautiful, calm morning. She stretched and got out of bed, went to the deck and looked through her telescope. She saw an island dead ahead. She felt a turning in her stomach, and a lump in her throat, she was scared and excited.

Mindy anchored her boat just off the shore of the beautiful island. It had white sandy beaches and a lush green forest. She hoisted the small out board boat into the water, and headed towards (what she thought) was paradise. Once she hit the sand she got out and pulled the small boat onto the shore. She scanned the beach for any sign of human inhabitants. She walked into the jungle to explore her new found island. It started to get dark so Mindy headed back to the beach to make a fire and set up camp. As she stared at the crackling fire a man came out from the forest. Mindy was startled, she asked, "who are you?" The man said his name was Gabriel, and that he had came to the island 3 years ago. He said, although he loved the island, he had been very lonely and was happy to see another person.

Mindy and Gabriel talked for hours. Gabriel told her amazing stories of his life and how he came to the island. Gabriels stories mirrored the reasons Mindy ended up on the island, and they talked for hours on end.

They talked so much, for so many days, they ended up falling in love. The two of them decided to build a life together on the island. Gabriel and Mindy built a home in the trees of the island and fished together for their food. They both were the happiest they had ever been. Both mindy and Gabriel were very glad they made the decision to head out on the open sea to find a better life. Together they lived happily ever after.

The end



September 23, 2019 07:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Tommy Goround
02:51 Sep 11, 2022

Clapping

Reply

Show 0 replies
Koala Bear
03:42 Aug 15, 2021

Short and unexpectedly sweet. I enjoyed it overall

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.