9 comments

Romance Fiction

"Scott?" I looked up to see him climbing in bed.Β 




"What's up, Buttercup" he whispered. He had called me that since the first day we met.




"What would you be doing now, if we had never met?" I asked as seriously as I could while snuggling up close to him.




"Well, let's see. I think I would be riding my Harley, looking around at the beauty around me on the trip im taking with the guys." He looked serious but then laughed.Β 




I pinched him on the side, "That's what we do already." I chuckled.




"My heart would be pining for you." He laughed again. "Life without Katrina would be burned into my soul. My life would be a mess without you."




"Come on." I laughed. "You wouldn't even know me, so how could you be pining for me?" I stopped laughing and looked at him. His intensity was still so hot even after all these years.




"Well, I wouldn't be doing this." His eyes got wide, and a grin appeared on his gorgeous face hidden by the goatee he wore. He leaned his head down so his long dark hair tickled my cheek. He jumped up and straddled me as he began to tickle me mercilessly.Β 




"Omg, stop!" I laughed.




"Stop what?" The look on his face was embedded with seriousness.




"Stop tickling me!" I giggled and squirmed.Β 




He pinned my arms above my head with one hand and began tickling me more. As I laughed harder than I had in a while, he finally backed off and looked me straight in the eyes. After a soft kiss, he finally got serious.




"I would be wishing I had someone that I could share moments like this with. You, my dear buttercup, are the love of my life. I could never imagine how my life would be without you in it. And I would surely not have those two heathens that I adore so much, that are sound asleep right now." He laid back down pulling me close. "In all seriousness, I don't even know how someone like you would want to be married to someone like me."




"You were the bad guy." I chuckled. "The rockstar and the biker dude everyone's mom warned us not to hang around with. Me, being the rebel I am." He snorted at that.




"You, a rebel?" He chuckled.




"Yeah, let's just go with that. Be being the rebel I am, decided you were truly what I wanted. I mean not only were you the bad guy, but you are also very intelligent, you would protect me at a moment's notice and you are and never will be boring. Plus, for the icing on the cake, you have a sexy body." I laughed at his "wow, really?" look. Then, He smiled at me and looked at me with those gorgeous green eyes. "You think?"




"I know," I whispered.




"You know, our anniversary is coming up soon. How are we going to celebrate since we wear masks everywhere these days?"




"Our anniversary isn't until December, it's only February." He looked at me puzzled. "Are you going senile on me?" He laughed at his own joke.




"Um, no, but I think. you're forgetting something. When did I fall for this studly Kansas boy and finally decide to walk up to you, even with all the threats of the other girls hovering around you? I mean it was very intimidating." I glanced at his thoughtful look as he looked back on that day.


"Oh yeah." His grin got wide. "It was only my second day at that school. It's like you were a tiger, going after what you wanted. Rawr." He peered at me and was trying not to laugh. "Never did I know until you that day Rawr was tiger for 'I love you'." He chuckled when I lightly slapped his belly.Β 


"That's right," I said. Now, do you remember?"Β 


"Right, February 26, 2002. That was a long time ago, especially to be with the same woman. I mean that, makes you old and makes me think im going soft." He laughed as I slapped his chest. I looked up and he was grinning at me.


"Stop." I tried to say but was laughing so hard. "You're an ass." I laughed again at his laughter. "It was in my freshman year. Who knew we would become high school sweethearts? I mean, I wasn't letting anyone else dig their claws into you." His laughter held a tinge of seriousness and the look he was giving me was that of a man lost in hunger. It was like he was a vampire and I was his sweet dinner.Β 


He pulled me to him again. "Yeah, who knew, the high school bad boy that introduced you to rock-and-roll. I bet your parents were so mad they could shoot me. And now we have two just like me. They're probably wishing you would just stop dreaming and come home."


"Not likely I would do that because I know this dream came true." All serious, I looked at him. "Besides, mom and dad love you."


"Come on Katrina, they hated me from the get-go. I mean, the long hair, earrings, and tattoos before I was even 18. They think I corrupted you."


I laughed. "You did. But I wouldn't have it any other way. They have accepted you and that's all they really needed to do. I mean we have been married for 15 years. It was bound to happen sometime." I got up and walked down the hall, pressing the door in front of me slightly, "look at her." I looked up at Scott. "She loves her daddy."


"I love you Lana banana." He whispered.Β 


Then we moved down the hall a bit and again slightly opened the door.Β 


"Lucas my man, I love you." He whispered to our son. "He is his momma's boy." He softly chuckled.Β 


"I love you, Katrina." He kissed me again. "That has always been true. No matter what happens and where we are, I will always be home as long as I am with you." He confessed as we walked back down the hall to the bedroom.Β 


I climbed back in bed and yawned as he laid back down. "I love you too Scott," I said to him as I snuggled In again and started to fall asleep. "I never want to be any other place bit with you." My words trailed off as I fell into the most comfortable sleep I had had in a little while.












February 16, 2021 06:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

Daniel R. Hayes
07:09 Feb 27, 2021

Hi Christy, I simply adored this sweet little story. I think you did an excellent job with the characters. The story really drew me in. I think your stories are fantastic, great job with this one :)

Reply

Your comments on my stories just blow me away... It really means a lot. Thankyou... πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Writer Maniac
02:29 Feb 18, 2021

Hey! This story was so sweet and made me feel all warm inside! I love their cute relationship, and it was very well portrayed. I did see some typos here and there, but that's totally alright. Besides that, I would suggest to not dump information about their past on us through conversation. Just think about whether people actually describe their past to someone who already knows it, in this Katrina and Scott already know all of it, but are explaining it almost for our sake. Try and bring past through memories or flashback if you like. That's ...

Reply

Wow, thank you so much. I am glad you liked it. Lol, the typos are seeming to be my calling card. They seem to happen in transfer from Google docs to here lol. I try to catch them all but I usually miss a few. I get what you mean about the past. But I felt it necessary for Scotts joking reluctance to put that in from Katrina's point of view. I appreciate all your feedback and I am trying to make improvements every day. For the most part, I have only been writing for q year, so I am still learning... LolπŸ˜‚ Thank you😊😊😊

Reply

Writer Maniac
03:38 Feb 18, 2021

Yeah, don't worry, the typos will reduce with time. I find that if you read your story out loud, you can catch whether the dialogue is realistic, and you can also find typos easily, so you should try that out. Think about how you would talk to your friends or family you wouldn't talk about something that they already know and have experienced. You would maybe tell them something that they didn't know about that past experience. For example, in your story, you talk about how they first met. Maybe Scott didn't know that Katrina's heart was in ...

Reply

Writer Maniac
03:48 Feb 18, 2021

No problem! Sometimes making the reader feel like they know something that a character doesn't know makes the story as a whole feel more personal :)

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.