7 comments

Adventure Friendship Romance

Total silence invaded the room. I could predict that just with a click of a button my message could get across to the other side of the world, it could reach out love ones faster than the normal letter, faster than a phone call. The anticipation of knowing George was to reply to me was scarce. Last time we spoke about him going on a trip with the band. He loves to sing. His songs featured in well known plays and biopics. We met at a concert where I was organizing for Bandaid. He was to play with a band for the opening. We exchanged some words about what we do and how we got to know almost every single band and their singers. Interesting facts that made conversation keep going. At break time, George brought up the chance of bringing something to drink. Perhaps, he goes; your throat might be dry with all that talking. All that  busy talking to all the other organizers, never stopped. Singers and bands in and out the scenario, her time for a quick break was not even in the horizon. I felt sorry for George, every time I found some free time to talk to him, a call came thru the walkie-talkie claiming my assistance. As a concert organizer, taking a break was nothing much of affordable at the time.

George’s time to play and sing in front of thousands of people came a reality. He just gave me ‘high five’ and went with the band center stage. People went crazy when they came out. The band played two songs. People joined singing as well. People loved them. The band played a couple of songs as people requested it. People happy. George and the band super duper overly happy. On their way back, George yelled at me - will talk later, to what I just answered with a smile. An incoming call from security took me out of my train of thought- some disturbance at the very back of the stage. I called security. Security covered the area.  Done.

The inciters were quickly apprehended and the little scuffle solved. No fights, every one’s cool. The concert ended. Time to go home.  

Couple of days passed by. Got invited to a party at a pub where a band was to play. The band was on tour and got invited to play. I heard about the band, the comments were positive, I heard they played great songs. The favourite and most well known band of the moment. They were to play at the pub where my friend is to be celebrating his 50th birthday. I heard this famous band was to play and sing the songs I heard every where; radio, tv, podcasts, tv interviews, social media. This time I was to be an spectator, not a impresario. This time I was there to enjoy the music, not to promote tonight’s gig. 

I sat down close to the bar. I spotted a couple of old friends I have not seen in ages. Time to catch up, share some adventures, updates and gossips. 

The lights on the main scenario turned on. The start of the gig was on its way. The band continued playing, after the song dedicated to the ‘birthday boy’ I noticed George walked by me. 

He said - I remember you, at the concert 2 weeks ago? 

Yes I replied with a big smile.

I think I remember you!

The world is so small….!

George asked, would you like something to drink? 

Of course- I replied 

A beer would be fine….

That night was incredible, we all sang and danced. And drank. The pub didn’t close until after 3am. I stayed until the end. I really enjoyed their songs and George’s company. Maybe there’s a chance of keeping touch I thought. That night we had a chat, drank a couple of beers and went home. This time we exchanged emails and point of contact.

Having his email; I can talk to him more often, maybe I will have the opportunity to see him again. 

George busy traveling for gigs all over the world and myself organizing coverts, did allow ways of communicating as we planned. Days, months, years passed by.

I started to realize something was missing. Hesitant; went out for a walk, hoping that would clear my mind.

George; couldn’t stop thinking about our last time we had a chat. George finished his tour schedule; time to relax from the busy world. He planned to disconnect from reality. He went to his Maui vacation house to decompress from the stress of performing at the gigs.

After George settled down at his vacation house, closed the door; left his luggage on the side, took a look at the pool in the backyard, took his shirt off, shoes and pants off. Pushed the sliding door, stepped out and jumped into the pool, came out to the surface and swimming to the shallowed part and looked at the dark sky. 

Bright as diamonds, the little stars brighten up for him.

He grabbed his drink went inside.

Something told him to check on his messages. 

I felt hesitant to send him a message. Maybe his busy schedule will get disturbed by my silly messages. My heart longed for the times we spoke and the great times we spent together. 

Oh gosh- I thought, I wonder where he is at. I wondered what he is doing. I took a deep breath.

I sighed.

What the heck- I thought 

Went to the kitchen and grabbed a cold beer. Maybe that encourage me and make my message interesting for him to read.

So I did. Once finished I hit the send key and voila- gone a long way; where ever he is; hopefully will read it. It was getting warm here, so I went to take a refreshing shower.  That afternoon was hotter than usual. I don’t like humidity, so I prepared my tub, filled it up and pour some relaxing bathtub salts. Lighted up some candles to create ambiance, grabbed another beer, played some beats from my iPhone. After a couple of minutes, the relaxing effects of the salts took over my body.

So relaxing, I was in paradise. 

Went back to my room and checked my messages and emails. 

Found the response to my message.

To what I replied.

George thank me for the support he saw from my communication with him through my emails and text. The messages that kept him company and support when felt alone.

Yes he was surrounded by many people, but still felt alone.

A beautiful relationship that got stronger and stronger every time we contacted each other.

Hopefully this relationship will last forever.

Who knows?

What you think?

August 16, 2021 22:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

Keya Jadav
12:07 Aug 17, 2021

I enjoyed reading this. The style of writing was casual still great! A few details were missing. I'd love to know what the text was about. Maybe another part? Keep writing :)

Reply

Chacha Jaramillo
18:14 Aug 17, 2021

Thanks for ur comments! I’m glad you like it! Yeah I might do a second part 2 if you wish! I read the prompts listed here and the one that clicks in my head I just start to write. Some are real stuff that happened in my life.

Reply

Keya Jadav
11:28 Aug 18, 2021

That's a very good habit bcz st later the ideas don't reflect the same.

Reply

Chacha Jaramillo
14:24 Aug 18, 2021

Hi - just posted a confirmation of the story. Hope you enjoyed it! ❤️

Reply

Keya Jadav
14:30 Aug 18, 2021

Oh perfect! I'll check it out ASAP

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Chacha Jaramillo
17:24 Aug 18, 2021

I just posted a second story. I’m trying to keep ‘George and Ada’ story, Nore to come! Hope you enjoy them! Thanks ❤️

Reply

Keya Jadav
11:36 Aug 19, 2021

Oh GREAT!! I am a bit caught up right now but I'll check it out soon!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.