A New Beginning

Submitted into Contest #60 in response to: Write a post-apocalyptic romance.... view prompt

2 comments

Romance

Once, after a huge explosion, there was a large city in ruins. Huge piles of rubble everywhere and bodies of people buried under the rubble. Jack, who feared this kind of thing for years decided to convert his basement into a bomb shelter, and got the necessities for life so he could be safe. His friends had thought that he was crazy. But now that didn't matter. Jack decided to sleep in his bomb shelter and heard the explosion happen. He started to wake up after a rough night's sleep. Jack decided to go make himself some coffee then go see what the city looked like.

A half hour later, Jack had finished his coffee and was ready to look outside. Once he saw the piles of rubble, he started to wonder if anyone else had been as prepared as he was and survived. His last girlfriend left him because she didn't understand everything that he planned on doing. Jack decided to try his normal route going his job as a maintenance manager at the local hospital. As he looked at the familiar streets, he was just in shock about seeing the city in ruins.

Once he arrived at the hospital, Jack was surprised to see a young woman around 25 standing there too.

"Do you need help, ma'am," Jack asked.

Startled, the young woman jumped, then said, "I didn't know anyone else survived. I'm fine. My name is Rhonda Smith. Who are you?"

"My name is Jack Johnson. I was the maintenance manager here at the hospital. I survived due to my bomb shelter that I had built in my basement. How about you?"

"I survived because I had my cellar turned into a bomb shelter too. Sounds like we were of the same mindset there."

" I guess so. Shall we move on and see the rest of the city," Jack asked.

"That would be great. It's just eerie having to see the remains of this town alone. I feel better having someone else here too."

As the day wore on, Jack and Rhonda started to relax more towards each other and realized that they had a lot in common. Jack felt sparks start to fly for him. Suddenly, he realized, that he and Rhonda were the last people in the city, and possibly on earth. That could mean that they were supposed to be together.

Giving into the attraction he felt for her, Jack leaned in and kissed Rhonda. It was a passionate kiss. Jack was pleased to feel her melt into his arms and kiss him back just as passionately. He pulled away a moment later.

"I'm sorry. I know that we only just met. I normally don't kiss an acquaintance," Jack said.

Rhonda, feeling breathless and amazed, responded, "Don't worry about it. That kiss was amazing. I don't know when the last time I was kissed like that was. I could use an encore performance."

Seeing a green light, Jack leaned in to kiss her again. It was the same breathless ride to oblivion that happened before. Jack felt the evidence of his arousal straining against his jeans.

Rhonda, feeling Jack's arousal and her one pulled back a moment later and whispered, "It looks like we are the last people in the city, maybe even the world. I think this is a sign that we are supposed to be together. It may be possible for us to try repopulating the world. What do you think?"

"I think you are on to something there. Everything we are seeing points in that direction," Jack said. "Since that is the case, when do you want to get started?"

"I think the sooner we get started, the sooner we can see success. You are great at kissing. I'm clean, by the way."

"Thanks for the compliment. I'm clean too. I have always used protection," Jack said, as he leaned in for another kiss.

"Me too. This is where my bomb shelter is. Let's get inside so we can be more comfortable," Rhonda said urgently.

A few moments later, the two of them came through the door. In a flurry, nearly all clothes were shed. Jack stepped back and asked, "Are you sure about this? I mean since we only just met and all."

Smiling, Rhonda undid her bra, took off her panties, and said, "Let's get to some action here."

Having heard Rhonda say this, Jack stood up, quickly tore his briefs off and his erection sprang free. Jack started to suck on her breasts and savored the feeling of them in his hand.

Rhonda, feeling amazed and out of character, eyed Jack's proud erection and thoroughly explored that area with her mouth.

Suddenly, Jack said, "I can't hold it much longer." A moment later, Rhonda guided Jack's manhood to her entrance and he thrust into her.

Feeling amazed at how tight Rhonda was and feeling her juices around him set Jack on a quick pace. Rhonda wrapped her legs around his hips as he began to thrust again and again. "Jack, oh Jack. That feels amazing," Rhonda panted.

Jack continued to thrust into her again and again, as exquisite pleasure flowed through him. Jack felt Rhonda burst into her orgasm as she yelled out his name. An intense orgasm burst through Jack as he spilled his sperm into her. He thrust once, twice more, then collapsed next to her. Both of them were feeling sweaty, pleasured, and excited.

"That was amazing, Jack. Its a good thing that only the two of us survived so we can do this again," Rhonda said as she reached down towards his semi erect penis.

Seeing what she was reaching for, Jack shifted his lower body towards her. "Its been simply amazing Rhonda. I have to agree with you there. At least we are able to enjoy each other this way." And the two of them dozed off into a deep sleep, holding each other close. When they woke up a few hours later, they went at it again.

September 18, 2020 19:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

09:55 Sep 26, 2020

First, this story appeared rushed. You left out quite a lot so that I was left partly confused. There were questions in my head too: how did Jack know the world would soon come to ruin? There was no anxiety in the story. Frankly, when the world ends, the character is supposed to feel upset, exhausted. Scared, if you dared. But Jack appeared normal. How could he walk around town when everything was in ruin? A gigantic explosion and he could use thirty minutes to drink coffee? Next, he worked in a hospital before the explosion and after the...

Reply

22:14 Sep 26, 2020

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I normally do kids stories but wanted to try the romance genre just to get my feet wet.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.