Fake Orgasming Our Way Through Life

Submitted into Contest #161 in response to: Start your story with someone sharing a secret that has a big impact on everyone.... view prompt

38 comments

Creative Nonfiction Contemporary American

May I let you in on a secret? Most people fake orgasm their way through life. Don’t believe me? Just read on…


As usual, they were edging toward it for the longest time. Yet, they weren’t even close. Being weary of waiting the trigger had been pulled prematurely and the moment sought and desired to be achieved was missed. So, we really don’t want to go around fake orgasming our way through our entire lives, do we? Of course not – not when we can really go for the gusto! Hey, one’s got to live for today; for tomorrow one could die at a Coachella Festival. Such is life…


Pretending daily what we do is really what we want to be doing, when it’s not, isn’t any way to live. Do you know what else? Few folks give much thought to not only what makes them happy but how to obtain it. And aye, there lies the Shakespearean rub. Those using brains to figure out that sort of stuff are usually the happiest. Because they’re the people achieving virtual multiple climaxes at least once during every full orbital rotation of our speedily spinning planet.


Metaphorical multiple climaxers guide their lives towards the height of pleasure found only in the rapture of a truly happy ending where someone can actually feel the earth move. Rocking it until they successfully get their metaphysical rocks off and shooting wads like there’s no tomorrow. Dying – a tiny death – the death where one feels more alive. Not the individuals faking it, shutting eyes tighter, focusing intently upon the self-prophesizing fantasy of self-failure they’ve force-fed themselves.


A flood of exuberance, popping one, or a few out during 24-hour cycles called days. Spurting and busting bountiful, cosmically fertile nuts like there’s no tomorrow, finding the frenzied peak when at the zenith of existence. Scale summits, apexes, cresting the real deal, arriving at that sky-high pinnacle in the heavens. For many, it’s an apogee that can’t be surpassed. Endings – when high notes are hit – crescendos wherein passion, pleasure, ecstasy, and fury fuse as orgasmic. Sensations only winners experience. The victors, equipped with an understanding of how vital it is to get their yeah-yeahs out while we still can. Reaching the finish line!


On the other hand, there’re those who never tried hard enough, making weak efforts before giving up relatively early in life. The losers who won’t labor too strenuously for whatever reasons and have usually convinced themselves any idea regarding skill-set self-improvement is impossible. An imaginary tube of self-doubt jammed down their gullets to overfeed their low self-esteem, much like some pathetic, liver-bloated, force-fed geese with pipes pushed down their throats. Yes, the lazy ones who hide behind a weak logic that since failing to achieve the Big O in their lives thus far, it’ll always remain out of their grasp. The hopeless, who fake orgasm through life every sad and worthless day, like vision-impaired mice blindly bumbling to see. 


Married to a concept; not being more than they are or improving on both yesterday and today. Slackers in that old orgasm department; unmotivated in becoming better people. We’re all familiar with such disturbing, destitute humans; a pitiable lot. I know I certainly do. In fact, one’s been a friend of mine for years.


My friend's hit hard bottom. Lacking motivation had a negative effect on his marriage. Their matrimony, a union precariously perched and teetering upon the rocks barely beneath a stormy, augmentative, turbulent sea of dissatisfaction for many years, now is laid asunder and in dismembered pieces, like rusted automobile parts falling from some silly clown car. Do you know what I’ve been talking about here?


His wife’s done more than her fair share by financially supporting him throughout the years, but she’s had enough. He claims he won’t ever find a decent job because of his age and which is why she or anyone else shouldn’t expect him to bear the burden of helping carry that symbolic sofa up the stairs of life. Well, she’s even older than he is and has always managed to secure gainful employment whenever required. So hey buddy, put that into your pipe and smoke it instead of all the dope you stuff in there, and that which because of her unwavering economic support, you’ve always managed to be able to afford and score. 


Then there’s what’s mostly her money he wastes on recording sessions laying down tracks of music he’ll neither put the time nor effort into doing anything with. Let me share this little tale with you. A few years ago, after squandering their money to finance his band’s latest album, he’d asked me as a favor to allow him free use of my corporation’s list of radio station’s music and program directors, which I did. The last time I questioned this loser if he’d ever initiated the airplay campaign for that now dead and defunct LP, do you know what I was told? He said, no, it just seemed like too damned much work. What a f*ing fake orgasming waste of human flesh!


That poor woman’s hitting the bottle harder than ever now as a way of dealing with the pain he’s caused and to drown her disappointment. Do you know what else? He told me she blames the drinking on him because he won’t try harder. For instance, say like enrolling in courses to gain some skills more applicable in today’s job market than he presently possesses to land a well-paying gig he’d hopefully be happy with; instead of wasting all his time posting hateful garbage on Facebook every day, comments that frequently get this guy kicked off and temporarily banned from further using the site.


Sorry dude, but neither she, nor I, or most anyone else for that matter needs those losers like you who want nothing more difficult than to continue fake orgasming their way through life!


Now, share a secret with us. Did you ever believe philosophical ranting and dissertation could be so darn sexy?


August 28, 2022 16:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

38 comments

Michał Przywara
22:45 Aug 28, 2022

I've seen versions of this argument before (in media, with my own eyes) but I don't think I've ever seen it compared to orgasms :) An erotic twist on "the unexamined life is not worth living", perhaps? The meaning of this piece is pretty self-evident. I like the focus on how easy it is to stick to faking things, instead of putting in the effort. There's a very good theme here: "Married to a concept; not being more than they are or improving on both yesterday and today" There's this idea a lot of people seem to have, that what you are cap...

Reply

Stevie B
23:09 Aug 28, 2022

Thank you. There are just so many though provoking directions our thoughts may go in any given area, right?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
05:30 Sep 09, 2022

How could someone read that title and then not read this story? Strong title, strong open and definitely worth the read. Thanks!

Reply

Stevie B
11:34 Sep 09, 2022

Jaden, thank you for those kind words. I've found that sometimes sugarcoating serious subject matter with sex makes the pill easier to swallow...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Keila Aartila
17:50 Sep 07, 2022

Just love this story - your way with words has me chuckling and thinking. 😎

Reply

Stevie B
18:02 Sep 07, 2022

Thank you, Keila,, and glad you got some chuckles from the tale.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Winchester
17:22 Sep 07, 2022

Great job combining philosophical and funny! Clever story.

Reply

Stevie B
17:38 Sep 07, 2022

Kate, many thanks. Everything works better with a touch of humor.

Reply

Kate Winchester
21:02 Sep 07, 2022

You’re welcome ☺️ I agree!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
T.S.A. Maiven
20:49 Sep 05, 2022

"Metaphorical multiple climaxers guide their lives towards the height of pleasure found only in the rapture of a truly happy ending where someone can actually feel the earth move" Loved that line! Great story!

Reply

Stevie B
21:18 Sep 05, 2022

I must confess: they're my kind of people... Thank you, T!

Reply

T.S.A. Maiven
22:42 Sep 05, 2022

Definitely agree with you!! Lol. You're welcome

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Kendall Defoe
10:58 Sep 05, 2022

Damn clever one this week, sir!

Reply

Stevie B
11:56 Sep 05, 2022

Thank you, Kendall.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Philip Ebuluofor
13:09 Sep 02, 2022

Fine work Stevie. Your works are always in their sphere. When I thought it is this, it turns out to be that. Erotic Twist kept me glued to see how it all pans out.

Reply

Stevie B
14:32 Sep 02, 2022

Thank you, Philip!

Reply

Philip Ebuluofor
19:42 Sep 02, 2022

Welcome

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Tommy Goround
01:13 Sep 01, 2022

Clapping

Reply

Stevie B
11:30 Sep 01, 2022

Thanks for the clap, Tommy.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
05:16 Aug 31, 2022

A different type of story from you. Philosophical meaning of life. It's a tough question, what's being productive and what's just a selfish addiction. Ranting on FB is clearly the latter. Artistic endeavors are a slippery slope. They could bring joy to millions or they could lead to nowhere and take our attention away from the people around us. Is driving an Uber being a failure, or providing a super useful service to countless people? Or something in the middle. I guess using our full potential and being useful to other people might be t...

Reply

Stevie B
11:24 Aug 31, 2022

Scott, thank you for reading, enjoying, commenting and most of all: thinking. Finding authenticity in life may not insure happiness, or even contentment, but I have found it's at least a good place to begin.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Stevie B
16:54 Aug 28, 2022

AUTHOR NOTE: Gee, I really didn't mean to turn you on so you'd get all hot and bothered. My bad, I guess!

Reply

Julia Vines
16:18 Sep 07, 2022

The one subject that you listed could turn out different than what you would expect would happen

Reply

Show 0 replies
Julia Vines
16:18 Sep 07, 2022

The one subject that you listed could turn out different than what you would expect would happen

Reply

Stevie B
16:36 Sep 07, 2022

Julia, and pray tell which one subject have you referred to?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Ron Davidson
19:26 Oct 24, 2022

I love your wordsmithing in this short! Great use of alliteration to poetically string this reader along. I also love the theme and the attention grabbing sexual comparison. Nice work! I'm glad to follow you on this site.

Reply

Stevie B
19:43 Oct 24, 2022

Ron, thanks for reading, enjoying, and commenting. Much like the legendary Holden Caufield, I hate the phonies!

Reply

Ron Davidson
20:04 Oct 24, 2022

The fact that you used that quote makes this writing even more special to me!

Reply

Stevie B
21:53 Oct 24, 2022

Thank you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Lily Finch
14:30 Oct 24, 2022

Very. well done - right clever! LF6

Reply

Stevie B
15:07 Oct 24, 2022

Lily, thank you.

Reply

Lily Finch
23:48 Oct 24, 2022

Anytime you write, I am reading! LF6

Reply

Stevie B
18:41 Oct 25, 2022

That's the nicest thing I heard this millennium!

Reply

Lily Finch
19:26 Oct 25, 2022

It's true! LF6

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Mike Panasitti
16:50 Sep 09, 2022

This is one way to look at it, Stevie. Faked orgasms are dishonest, deceptive, but I think even more condemnable than orgasm fakers are those who have become dependent on quick, easy, freebie orgasms. Orgasms that don't require any discipline or work. This, I believe, is really your unemployed (former?) friend's problem. Your sexy ranting gave me food for thought. I'm restringing my guitar today to play it left-handed, since I can no longer finger the fret board properly with my right : )

Reply

Stevie B
17:01 Sep 09, 2022

Mike, not quite sure if I understand what you mean by freebie orgasms because I enjoy one every morning now because I'm still able to open my eyes and still see the light... If I may make a suggestion when you restring your guitar. Begin by stringing it with extra-light gauge strings and don't use a standard tuning. Instead, try tuning it 1 or 2 steps lower than standard. It'll give you right hand and fingers an easier way of using it as your fretting hand. I'd given up playing guitar more than 2 decades ago but began playing again as physi...

Reply

Mike Panasitti
17:20 Sep 09, 2022

I meant freebie orgasms mostly in a metaphorical sense, Stevie. I will follow your advice for restringing my guitar. It's much appreciated.

Reply

Stevie B
19:06 Sep 09, 2022

I was just being facetious regarding the subject because at my age still being able to get out of the bed, see and stand in the mornings is truly an orgasmic experience.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.