0 comments

Drama High School Inspirational

A girl named Sammy moved from a small village to big city for her studies . She pretends to be introvert but actually she was fun loving . she did not want to make friends  because of her looks . She was fat , small and facing acne problems and whenever she met anyone, they just make fun of her . So, she decided to hide herself because of criticism . she was good in studies and started focusing on studies in college .   Sammy always want to be Cinderella and she dreamt of princess who will come one day and take her far away . Reality was different , there was no one in her life and being in poor family she could not think about any relationship . As her parents were poor due to which she started part time job as baker . On her first day , she was bullied by some old employees for being fat and not doing work properly due to which she cried a-lot after work but she did not had any choice of quitting or complaining because she needs money for her fees. So she started working with patience and decided to adjust with them . After 2-3 months she became their favourite because she was doing all difficult works and those employees could relax because of her . After struggling so much she was fully broken from inside and just want to quit everything but she could not . One day she was going on work in bus and she saw "Your body can stand almost anything ,it's your mind you need to convince " quote on someone's shirt and she got inspiration to be fit . she decided to loss weight , Initially , it was difficult for her to avoid sugar and cooking something healthy daily but she managed somehow . She was 80 kilo but she managed to lose 10 kg in one month and she also started looking little bit in shape and pretty . One day she was sitting on the front bench and one boy sit beside her . She did not noticed that boy because she was learning chapter with full focus . Suddenly , the boy made a move towards her and asked "hey, what is your name ? I never noticed you before in class " . Sammy was not shocked with the question because she always try to hide herself from people . So she replied without any interest of talking more . My name is Sammy . The boy was seem to be talkative and he started talking about family , teachers and friends . Sammy also get interested in conversation and  started talking . For the first time , In college she talked with someone with that much interest . In two  weeks they both became good friends and Sammy was falling in love with him . She was determined to loss more weight to look perfect for him due to which she was putting all her efforts to look pretty  .  one day fortunately that boy asked her for being his girlfriend and she was super excited also nervous and she said yes . Now they both were happy , talk daily and also meet each other outside the college to visit parks , watch movies . Everything was going good but one day boy asked Sammy to move their relation one more step forwards by connecting physically , for boy it was common but for  Sammy was different . Sammy was always insecure of her body and she was not ready to move to this level .So she asked him for some time indirectly she was saying no , but boy got offended with her  no and he purposed other girl  and when Sammy came to know about his new girlfriend she was fully broken . For her , that boy was life but he could not digest even her one no . All  her insecurities about body came back and she started hiding her self again . Sugar was like medicine to her in pain she started eating as much as she can just to avoid the pain of her broken . With the passage of time she was getting fat like before and even more than before . Her life fully changed after breakup and she was completely lost . As usual she went  from college to work without talking to anyone. One day she was baking and one boy named zayn  waved from the distance . she was clueless and then suddenly boy came and started talking that why are you working here . She had no idea who he is and then she interrupt  him and asked politely “ I am sorry but I didn’t recognize you “ then boy replied ‘I am your classmate , I sit beside you daily ‘ . Sammy was little bit confused and then she recognized him. Zayn was tall , good looking and fun loving boy . Sammy shift was almost going to over so zany asked her if he could accompany her . Sammy hesitate at first but then she agreed. They both were walking on a way to Sammy’s house and talking casually , suddenly boy asked her that’ do you have boyfriend ‘  talking about which Sammy was not comfortable so , she just shuffle his question to weather . Boy got clue that may be she don’t want to answer due to which he also smiled and started talking about how beautiful weather is today . When Sammy reached home and say him goodbye , he suddenly hold her hand and asked if they could be friends . Sammy did not have any friends and she was alone but even she don’t want to make friends because after her broken heart she don’t want to trust anyone . Therefore , she just smiled and closed the door without giving any answer to him. After studying , cooking and doing all home chores , Sammy was lying on bed and trying to sleep but thoughts of that boy whom she met today only once were coming . Although she was not attracted towards him but something was their which she was not able to overcome . In morning she was ready for college and little bit nervous because of the boy . She entered the classroom and saw zany was not in class  . Sammy took her seat and suddenly she heard a voice of zany who was coming in class with his friends. When he saw Sammy he sat beside her and said hello excitingly . Sammy was nervous because she did not want anyone to notice her and zany was one of the coolest boy in class . She was feeling uncomfortable but nothing was in her hand . The ex- boyfriend of Sammy was also in class and when he saw them talking he got jealous due to which he started laughing and started making fun of Sammy on the basis of her looks . Everyone in the class was laughing and making fun of her . Zany stood up and said everyone to be silent and stop making fun of Sammy but Sammy could not tolerate all this humiliation and ran away . zany went behind her and saw she was crying and  blaming herself  for everything what happened in the class . zany sat beside her and told her that there is no fault of her it is their mindset . Sammy told him that the boy who started making fun of her was none other than but was his boyfriend who cheated on her . Zany laughed and said are you serious ? that mouse was your boyfriend . Sammy also laughed after hearing mouse name for her ex . She asked zany that what should I do to gain confidence and to be beautiful . How much weight should I loose to look slim and pretty . Firstly zany laughed and said what are you talking about ? I am not dietician and other thing you don’t need to loose weight to look good and to be friend with others , you are good how you are . Sammy was shocked with his reply because she was expecting him as a boy who only like good looking girls but his thoughts were different . zany continued and said her that you should accept yourself first how you are and must appreciate how beautiful god made you from inside . For the first time in her life someone said her these beautiful words after listening which she was full of confidence and feeling reborn . Her perception totally changed towards people and love . She wanted to make friends and start her new life . she wiped her tears , stood up and hold zany hands and asked him if he could be his new friend ? zany accepted her friendship and they both entered in class holding hands everyone got shocked and afterwards no one laughed . 

 Eventually , Sammy accepted her body and started making friends . 

November 03, 2021 02:23

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.