Woods

Written in response to: Set your story in an unlikely sanctuary.... view prompt

0 comments

Fiction Science Fiction Urban Fantasy

Shawn got home from work. He told his mom that he had a good day at work. He got done getting some electrical work. Shawn's mom told him about her day at work and told him her day was good as well and how she got more work than she thought done. She had been watching TV as Shawn was getting done taking a shower and getting his dinner ready. Shawn made him some beef patties.

Shawn and his mom were watching Wheel of Fortune on TV. His mom told Shawn how she called her cousin on the phone and had some wonderful news about that store in her town changed the store hours to 11 instead of 10. Shawn thought this was great. Shawn asked about how her cousin was doing. His mom told Shawn how she was doing fine. Her dog just had puppies recently and their so precious.

After dinner, Shawn got done watching TV with his mom. She was dozing off on that couch anyway. Shawn knew he needed to get to sleep since he got a few bits of work to do for some people tomorrow.

Well into sleep, Shawn woke up in the woods. An alien ship, a fucking huge ass motha fuckin' ship was right in front of him. 'Where's the alien?' Shawn just sat there still wondering where's this alien. A few minutes rolled by and still no aliens. Shawn got up and walked around this alien ship and the door didn't open. 'That's weird?' A couple of times of walking around the ship. Shawn knocked on the front of the ship and still nothing. Shawn just left. Walking through the woods, Shawn was trying to find out how to get out of here. 'How did I get here? I hope I find the exit because I do have to go to work tomorrow!'

A few aliens came back from hunting. They noticed foot prints. Sniffing around and they thought, 'nawww, let him go.' One Alien got to opening the paper work of their exploration of the day out. A couple aliens got out magnifying glasses out and a pen so they could jot down their next trip through the woods. Today, they met other lives here in this set of woods. They met these birds. They were blue. Some sort of way of communicating with these birds. Just by sitting there and observing them made a huge impact on seeing how well these birds seem to be.

Shawn found no way out. 'I'm fuckin' pissed! I have to go to work!' A lizard popped out of no where and he greeting Shawn. Matter of fact, really started talking.

Hi,

What!?

I said hi

You talk!

I did

Ok, you kiddin' !

No, I'm not. I don't see why are you so surprise.

Shawn found out that this lizard's name is Otis.

Otis showed Shawn around this set of woods. That's all he seems to know. Otis introduced Shawn to his family and friends. Shawn was just getting more aquiented with his new friend.

Shawn and Otis were best friends and Shawn was happy in his new world.

In this world, Shawn made a life for himself. For over forty years Shawn has lived in this world. These set of woods became his sanctuary.

Otis along the way here made life go on. Otis got himself plenty of great, more than you can count. Great grand children. A lot of them come and visit. They usually bring extra wood chips they use. Some would bring extra leaves. Mostly everybody would bring cotton balls they mixed with dirt they made.

Otis and Shawn usually hang out in the middle of the woods and make square boxes Shawn showed Otis how to do. Otis showed Shawn how to dig little homes in trees.

Shawn made new friends he met through Otis. Shawn met Stuart. They became very good friends as well. Stuart was great at catching branches off of trees. Stuart showed Shawn what all he does with these branches. Stuart comes from a big as well. He gots several grandmas. A lot of his aunts and uncles Shawn noticed seem to talk to Stuart more than their other nephews.

All the sudden, Shawn woke up. 'Fuckin' a! I have to go to work!? Shawn realized it was a dream not a new world he was in.

Shawn was driving to work. Traffic was good. Not too many red lights. Shawn thought this was odd. Usually it's one more red light. 'But okk.' and this gentleman at the gas station told Shawn to get his gas at pump 6 because a couple of their pumps are down. "Thank you for telling me." Shawn got his coffee and paid for his gas.

Getting to this couple's house. This lady answered her door and thank Shawn for coming and how great that he's on time. Misses told Shawn the water pump in the garage is missing a part and would like him to put in the new part.

While Shawn was putting in the new part. Another lady called Shawn asking for his services. How she heard from her neigbor about how well this man works.

Shawn was able to get the part in and was able to find Misses in her living room watching the View on TV. Shawn told her how he got that part in and how another lady called for his services while he was at it. Misses was happy for Shawn. She offered Shawn a glass of orange juice and paid him for his work.

Shawn drove up the street and stopped at a Chevron to eat his beef patties had leftovers from last night. He checked his text. His friends texted him a happy Wednesday emoji. Listening to music now, Shawn was finishing up wiping windows down. The wind shield, and it was time to go.

Shawn drove now to another house and these people wanted their water pump fixed. Shawn had the parts that were needed.

May 16, 2022 21:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.