0 comments

Adventure African American Suspense

"Good Morning, my handsome husband!" Shay said with a joyous smile on her face. "Good Morning, my lovely wife!" Carl responded with a kiss on her cheek. "What are you planning to get into today?" Shay asked handing Carl his coffee. "Well, I have a meeting with Stanley today and then I am meeting with a new client. "Oh, I like the sound of that, new client means new money!" Shay danced and smiled." "Money, money, money in our future!" Carl sang. Carl and Shay had been married for two years after dating for five. They wanted to start a family but it just seemed that things were not in the favor and after a year of trying they gave up and just focused on making their life together comfortable!" "I am so excited about our future, I know that things will be just good for us in future. Carl assured Shay. "We will have that family and that house on the hill." He added. "Baby, I am so excited about that future!" Shay pointed out. Things went on as planned and Carl ended his meeting with Stanley on a good note. He picked up the phone and called Shay telling her that her and Stanley had a wonderful meeting. He also shared that he was heading to meet his new client. Shay wished him and well he was on his way. Carl pulled up to the warehouse, where he was supposed to be meeting with his Client, Landro Steep. "Mr. Steep?" Carl asked. "I am, you must be Carl Wilkes?" "I am, yes it a pleasure to meet you." "I am so excited to be meeting with about GenXX!" "Stanley and I have worked so hard on this and I am anxious to share this with you!" Carl admitted. "I have to admit I was a little thrown off, when Stanley presented it to me but I am always looking for new things to invest in." Landro noted. "Well, that is good to know, shall we get this meeting started?" Carl said pointing to the desk. The men talked for about an hour and shared their desires for the company, they ended the meeting as new PARTNERS! Before they left the warehouse Carl admitted that he was looking to the future and only wanted to see if life 5 years from now. Landro stared off into space nodding as he listened to Carl. The men shook hands and Landro left Carl with two words "LEIS HEADULA", confusing Carl. "Hey, man, what that mean?" Carl asked. "Your future is now, my mother used to say that to me all the time!" Landro admitted. "Okay, okay cool I like that!"

They went their own separate ways and life was great! Things seemed to be normal once Carl made it home, he and Shay had dinner and snuggled on the couch! Shay, decided she was tired and wanted to go to bed, Carl also admitted he was tired to! They showered and turned in, before they fell asleep Carl told her about Landro and his weird and curious demeanor. He also noted he was smart and a much needed asset to the Company. He also told her that they had a new word to use "LEIS HEADULA" which meant "Your future is now!", Carl kissed his wife good night and they fell asleep. The next morning they woke up in each others arms but something was different or someone rather! Shay went into the kitchen and started the coffee as she normally does, she hears Carl coming down the stairs and begins to smile. "Good morning my handsome husband!" Shay said. Good morning, wait why you look like that?" He asked her perplexed. "What, what are you talking about?" Shay asked puzzled. "I mean I like it you just look super young!" Carl pointed out. "Okay, well thank you I guess." "Anyway, what where you talking about last night?" She asked. "What are you talking about, I told you about that already!" Carl said. "Okay, I have no clue what you are talking about, what did you tell me already?" Shay asked. "About the contractors coming to break ground on the new house." "You and I met with the builders weeks ago and today is the ground breaking." Carl said. "Baby, I am not sure what you are talking about but we never met with contractors." Shay said concerned. "You know what, you forgot you seem to forget alot these days did you take your medicine?" Carl asked. "What do you mean, what medicine are you talking about?" Shay asked aggravated. "Shay, I love you baby but you have to make sure you are keeping up with your medicine." "But, on another note where is Bailee?" Carl asked. "Who the hell is Bailee and what medicine are you taking about, you know what never mind, I have no clue what is happening here but you need to go back to sleep or something because you are not yourself today!" Shay stormed off. "I have no idea what is wrong with her, but I am fine!" "It is not my fault when a grown woman refuses to take her medicine," "Meanwhile, I am going to go check on Bailee." He goes upstairs and realizes that Bailee is missing! And what is more puzzling is there is no crib, no clothes everything was gone. What was happening here? He could not remember last night, hell he couldn't remember Shay being pregnant! He had no clue what was happening! It is like his life fast forwarded and everyone else's life stopped. Shay was upset because, Bailee was the name they picked for their first daughter and they had discussed having their home built. But, it seems like he was living in the future!! Carl and Shay struggled for weeks as Carl argued she was on meds and lost their baby and he couldn't see anything except his future............ Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it! LEIS HEADULA!!!

October 09, 2020 01:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.