1 comment

Historical Fiction

- no,! It can not be 27.

It is 28! - mended the greenish three legged old parrot, trying the real figures they were in.

- Dat is gud. Ai laik.

- Tell me, birdy, do you really like these rings above our heads ¿

- Dat ¿

- Yes, the ones getting out of the huge branch of the broken arm of our planet.

- Nais - and the three – ok three and a half – legged bluish parrot a kind of tiny pillow hidden under his legs that looked more like some branches,  full of feathers. 

It brought closer to his luminous  beak and glued it on his bidimensional metallic tiny body.

- fine, Bill! - his colleague, a mutated dog with four ears hanging on his front, and , no tail and a furry nose, named John, sat beside him, scratching his triangular tummy covered by zillions of atomic fleas – ready to explode.

- what can you say about these fleas ¿ Are they still fighting over the sovereignty of your tummy ¿ 

- not rili. 

- wonderful. So we will live in peace.

Suddenly , a little  explosion was seen in the horizon during the dark sky.

- that  was one of your fleas  again, said the dog.

- how kam eguen?

- cause there were many atomic fleas hidden under the soil. Yeap!. That is why the first  fleas that run away and settle down in this far and lost ring said to me, during that meeting we had two hundred years ago 

- three hundred years – corrected the parrot.

- two.

- three.

- let it all out. It does not matter, after all 

- A de beginnin’  I tot  de  flis were lying about dis stori…

It is not story. It is history! - corrected the dog , swaying his four big ears, covered in feathers.

- ok. And this explosion...

no big deal 

.but, unfortunately  the explosion got bigger.

And bigger. 

But so bigger that the turbulence reached the first ring of that lost planet in some lost and unknown galaxy

' it is burning! - exclaimed the dog - trying to dig a big hole on the ground so he could put his shivering head inside - 

- ar  iu afreid? 

Is getting hot ! We will burn!

- well, so , uat is de meter in burning a litou?

 - are you crazy?  

Soon after he finished talking, all the fleas from the whole planet entered in a short-circuit, and provoked a huge explosion that covered the rings of that planet.

Burning e- very- thing.

The parrot and the dog, both run away to an atomic bomb shelter, in the underground, where they could not be hit by the flames, watching from behind a jumping stone.

- Wait a minute!

Is it the end of the story? Asked the dog, waving his ears while sitting on the jumping stone – and jumping it too.

- of cors not! De explosion of a quantic bomb distroid our whol  planet , az far az ai remember its fers location waz outside the second ring ov de privius solar sistem.

Many fleas have died. 

And many mutant animals, like two-headed lions , venomous cats and flying elephants, too.

But luckily, some dogs were saved , not only because of the kindness of some  robotic fleas , but also because of our animal instinct of surviving by eating even corpses in little caves filled with radiation.

This radiation, created some new species, as mutated birds like you - pointing at him.

Take a look at yourself : you have no tail but a wing in your butt, and three eyes, and some smelling skills .

- that is totally odd! I recognize that my fur is really a bit strange because I have it short, blond, straight and hard so it hurts me whenever I want to go to bed, or lay down, just because.

- you better get lost doggy, cause you have got no future - despising,  

What did you say? Repeat it if you are a dog!

And, tell me, what can you do against me ?

Dis! - and so the parrot activated his glow, which turned on by absorbing all energy of the dog, whom started to throw away some odorous pink ooze from his eyes, flooding an entire pool of dried sulphur causing an eruption of a kind of volcano under the sticky soil, covered by elastic worms that could catch an atomic fly with metallic five pairs of eyes around his wings, plus, all sorts of , I would say, ants? - well, at least they looked like ants, with electric anthems that were always shining and we used The fleas during that  exhausting explosive journey in that dark planet that made me even forget about my hunger, naturally doubled since I could not stand this life anymore ! 

- I’d is bicos Iu ar chubby, pal.

- you know that I am just a little overweight, and, remember that I prefer to be chubby  just because.

-  iu beder stop itin garbadg bones.

You also do it !

Just because.

0the thing is that some folks in here are really strange, like that grayish kitten over there in the vapour lake where it is sinking all the time , as a drop of oil.in a glass of water.

Can you believe this kitten that I am talking to you about is now eating   zombies hair in order to own itself some hair - no matter the origin type or color of it .

' end flis?

No it does not matter at all. They are not like us, they procreate with jumping rocks and talking trees ,   such a degeneration!

Do you want to know more about this bunch of perverted beasts ?

The other moonday - as you already have noticed, we do not have sunlight like we have in the rings, that cover our planet , because everything had happened after the first explosion so, the sun disappeared and now we have to use the reflectors from five out-of-work spaceships we have in the garage under the second floor of the rings, or we cannot see anything - but, as a matter of fact, we do not miss the light, as many of us are hot blind after the burst and live like that just because.

So, one moonday - c'mon, boy, let me finish talking - the frog, barking, was really angry.

So, he turned his butt's wing, and flew.

But not away.

He flew to another place, the first ring of the planet where he was supposed not to go as the lack of light, nitrogen and electrons was considered fatal for all the animals, mutated or not.

The hostile environment made him keep on flying, taking some time before landing.

When he landed there was a surprise: a ring disappeared. He could not land there ! 

- uad hell is dis ?, he asked, intrigued.

And the ground started to move , swallowing everything that was in it's way.

But something like mud under his feet was left.

Hot.

Slippery.

So, he slided away from the orbit of the rings.

As the ring looked alive, that two animals did not need to breath the nitrogen of 

 - that specie , the one whose more than happiness was normally forbidden. 

- dis is anoder  fing  ai hate in here - said the bird  

Angry, it decided to fly higher. 

And higher.

But so endlessly higher that it flew almost upwards in the direction of the hugest black hole that is used as to go to the end of the universe, in the pinkish pathway ahead, that leads to the universe where the real time flies as it has to be, and , where the century was the 28th. 



-

June 03, 2020 01:04

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Pragya Rathore
05:51 Jun 03, 2020

A very interesting and unique perspective... I really liked this one!! Great going! Please check out my stories too :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.