0 comments

Adventure Fantasy Kids

“I don’t want to go!” I said. “Okay fine, but you have to do something and not just sit in front of the TV all day!” My dad said. After my dad left for a business trip, some part of my brain told me to go outside, so I did. I was walking down the street at midnight when I heard someone calling my name. “David, come here!” A voice replied slowly. “Hello?” I asked. “Hello,” said a deep voice. A man in baggy clothes walked out of the shadow behind a garbage truck. “Who are you?” I asked the weird man. I know it is rude calling someone weird even though you don’t know them. But that old man is actually creepy because he popped out of nowhere and knew my name. “Oh, I don’t want to tell you because it is my choice. But people gave me a name. They called me The Grim because I come out at night and I am creepy.” The Grim said and chuckled. “So you do admit that you are creepy?” I replied innocently. “Yes, I do.” The Grim whispered in a deeper voice. 

“Many people don’t actually admit that they are creepy. But I do. I don’t care what people think about me.” He continued. “Okay, But how did you know my name?” I asked, trying to avoid eye contact with The Grim. “Oh, I am a friend of your father. We are old friends and I was there when you were born.” The Grim replied back while smiling and showing his yellow teeth. “Where do you live then, Grim?” I asked. “As you might have guessed, I am homeless. I can live anywhere I want, but I have to adapt to different living conditions.” Grim said. “If you know my dad, what is his name?” I said, hoping to get an answer. “Oh, I was hoping you would ask that!” Grim said in delight. This answer will choose your fate. If I don’t say the right name, you will live a lonely and boring life. But if I tell you the right name, your life will be full of activities and joy.” Grim said excitedly. “His name is John, right?” Grim asked. “Yes,” I replied. 

“What is going to happen now?” I asked. “Well, after this conversation, your personality is going to change,” Grim said. “Okay, we’ll see,” I replied. “But when will it happen?” I asked. “It just happens randomly,” Grim replied. Time went fast and a year later, I was popular in my school because of my personality. Well that is exactly what Grim said will happen, my personality will change. I changed from a quiet kid to a confident kid who is caring. In my mind, I wanted to thank Grim for saying my dad’s name right, it was kind of my destiny. It all started because my brain told me not to be a couch potato. After school, I went to the same place where I met Grim, but there was a sad-looking old man who doesn’t look that strong anymore and has flies flying around him. 

“Grim? Hello?” I said quietly in case he is sleeping. He stirred and said “ Oh, hi David. I’m glad you came here. I need to tell you something important.” I walked towards him and asked, “What happened to you, why do you look so sad and different  from last year.” “People get old, but I have a kind of illness unknown to mankind, I think,” Grim said quietly because he doesn’t want to use much voice. “I need to tell you that you can have any wish you want and I will make it come true. But only one wish.” He continued. “Wow, okay. Can I do it now?” I said excitedly. “No, not now. You can only do it when I’m dying, which might be next week.” He said with a sad face. “Oh. Well if I have to do it when you are dying, can I not do it?” I asked, my voice breaking and I could feel tears burning in my eyes. I don’t want Grim to die even though I only met him twice, because he seems like such a nice person. 

“ You have to do it or else your future would be boring, sad, lonely and you will have a terrible life,” Grim said seriously. “Just go back home and think about the wish, okay?” Grim said with a warm smile.”Okay.” I replied and dashed back home. During the week, I kept on thinking of all the wishes I could make. During Thursday, there were two bullies stalking me the whole day, which I thought was weird. When I stopped walking, they ran towards me and picked me up and dropped me again. Ridiculous! They were bullying me! “STOP IT!” I yelled as loud as I could. But the bullies didn’t listen. Either they are deaf, or they are just plain rude. I tried to run away but they soon caught up to me. And they dropped me and picked me up again in a loop. But suddenly, a flash of light surrounded the two bullies and made them disappear! 

And Grim appeared right in front of me! He said, “The time is almost up, you need to choose which wish you are gonna say to me and the next Monday, you will have to tell me the wish, okay? And I made those bullies disappear because I want to treat you like I’m your father. After all, I’ve never had a kid or a family. I was an orphan.” “Okay, I will try to choose a wish,” I replied. “Good,” Grim replied. “WAIT!” I shouted when Grim was about to teleport away. “I almost forgot to ask, are you a wizard, because you can teleport and you can make people’s destiny and also you can make people disappear!” “Yes, I am. That’s my secret. You’re the only one that knows. Since I told you that secret already, you have to make a wish now because I wanted to tell you that secret next week but since you figured out, make a wish now and t cannot be a wish that makes me immortal, it was to be a wish about you, understand? Make it count because this is the last time you’ll ever see me.” “Okay…. My wish is to remember you forever.” I said, my voice cracking, and tears rolling down my cheek. “Okay,” Grim said and gave me a warm smile for the first and last time. “Goodbye, David” Grim said, “ Goodbye, Grim.” I waved and he disappeared. 

The End, bye! 

July 29, 2021 11:20

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.