10 comments

Suspense Thriller Mystery

Naro, a young girl was walking on the deserted road at midnight. She was enjoying the silence of the night. At some distance, she listened to a voice, it was perhaps a digging voice. She started to follow the voice. As she crossed two or three rows of trees she saw an old man, he was struggling to dig, she thought, “What the hell he is doing at midnight in a deserted area?”

“He is a poor old man what can he do.” She said to herself and decided to watch him behind the tree. When he had done digging he moved to the car and dragged a girl by her hair to the grave. He killed her and buried her. Naro was unable to move, unable to speak. She wanted to run but was unable like she was drunk or sleeping, or unconscious. Her mobile phone rang and she regained her senses. And she instantly took out her mobile phone from the bag and decline the call with shivering hands. Then, She took a glance at the old man who was running her way. She started to run because death was pursuing her. While running she fell to the ground.

When she opened her eyes she was on her bed in her room. She thought, “Thank God, it was a nightmare.”

Then she went to the washroom. Where while brushing her teeth she saw an injury on the forehead in the mirror. She whispered, “It was not a nightmare. It was real. O my God it is real.” She quickly ran towards the television and turned it on but there was no news of the murder. Then she tried to wake one of her roommates. “Mushk, get up, please. Get up mushk.” She said.

“let me sleep. It’s Sunday today.” Mushk replied while sleeping.

“I know, okay tell me one thing. Was I out at night?”

“We all were out last night.”

“But we were not together. Right?”

“What the hell.” She opened her eyes and said, “ God, what happened to you?”

“I don’t remember exactly.”

“What you are trying to say?”

“Did we go out together?”

“Yes, we went together to a birthday party. But in the middle of the party, you were not there. We tried a lot to contact you then when we came home, you were sleeping here. Did you not remember anything?”

“No, I just remember the middle of it.”

“Strange.”

“The more strange and most dangerous thing is that I saw a murder last night. And the murderer was chasing me.”

“O, my God, did you inform the police?”

“Not yet, but. I can’t inform the police because I’m not sure.”

“About what you are not sure?”

“I’m not sure if it was real or just a nightmare.”

“Damn you scared me. You just saw a murderer I see ghosts every night.”

“I’m not joking. I’m really scared. We’ve to find out.”

“No. What? I mean, exactly what? What’s the matter?”

“As I told you, I saw a murder last night but I’m unable to find out if it was real or a dream. So, first, we have to confirm. I’m damn sure it was not a dream. This injury,” while pointing her head she said, “This injury is the proof.”

“Are you taking drugs?”

“Idiot. I’m an idiot how can I think anyone would believe me. I don’t need your, help. Ok, I don’t need anyone’s help.”

“Hey, Naro I was just asking. Ok don’t worry, we will find out.”

“I remember I fell on the ground while he was chasing me. Possibly then I got this injury.”

“Alright, this injury is real but this is not enough. Okay calm down and think.”

“My shoes,” she said and rushed to the shoe rack. Her shoes were muddy. “Look, they are muddy. It means I was there. It was real. O my God it was real.”

“Don’t panic. It’s fine. It’s fine. We need strong proof. Okay?”

She rushed toward her bed, searching she said, “where is my mobile phone? God, where is it? Oh no, no, no, I lost it. I lost it when I was escaping from the murderer.”

“What the hell. If it’s real and he finds your mobile phone then definitely he will find you too. No. It must be there. Let’s search again.”

“I think now we should go to the police station before it is too late.” Naro said.

“Are you sure now that it was real?” Roommate asked.

“I’m going mad.” She sat down on the floor holding her head”

“It’s ringing but nobody is receiving the call.” Musk said while constantly trying her number.

“He will kill me too like that poor girl.”

“Why not you go to the spot and investigate? Everything will be clear.”

“O yes, there must be a grave and this will be enough proof.” She said and both went out.

**

They reached the spot and started an investigation. They found tire marks and the newly dug place. “This is the place. It’s a grave. He buried the girl here.” Afraid Naro said.

“It’s real.” The roommate said while touching the soft soil.

“What’s the plan?” Naro said.

“Now we should take the help of the police.”

“Hey, you. What are you doing there?” instantly a shouting struck the ears. The girls turned and Naro shouted, “It’s he. He is the old man, the murderer. He is real. Everything is real. O God, He is coming. Run.”

**

They ran to the police station and told the full story. Cops brought the old man and started the investigation.

“Do you know this girl?” a Cop asked the old man, pointing to Naro.

“Yes, I meet her last night when I was digging to bury my dear dog. She is a noble lady. She helped me.” The old man said.

“He is lying. He was carrying the dead body of a girl. He is a bloody murderer. He tried to kill me. He will kill me.” Naro screamed.

“what are you speaking? You were with me, you know it was a dog. Why are you accusing me of murder?” the old man said.

“He is a liar. Don’t trust him. He wants to kill me. He was chasing me when I revisited that place today. Mushk, was with me. Mushk, you tell them.”

“Yes, the old man was shouting and chasing us,” Mushk said.

“I was trying to stop you. Because I had to return your mobile phone which you forgot last night.” The old man said.

“Again he is lying,” Naro said. “Arrest him he is a bloody murderer.”

“We need proof. Take us to the spot.” The cop said.

**

They all reached the spot. As they were digging, the disgusting smell was spreading. “ Sir, It’s a dog.” A cop said.

“Alright. So, the old man was right. Madam, you have no danger. You should go home and take a rest.” the cop said.

“He is clever. He replaced the girl with a dog.” Naro said.

“You should not accuse a gentle old man. I investigated him. He is clear. He doesn’t have any criminal record.” Cop said.

“Arrest him. He is the killer.”

“Madam, we know our duty. This old man is innocent. You may leave now. We will handle it.”

**

Naro and her roommate, Mushk left.

“It was a dead dog.” the roommate said.

“He is clever. Possibly he replaced the girl with a dog.” Naro said.

“Maybe you mistook the dog for a girl.”

“Maybe. I don’t know what’s going on with me. Maybe the old man is right. Maybe it was a dream or maybe it was real and the old man is playing a game. Maybe.”

“you don’t remember about the party. You don’t remember about your arrival at the room. So it’s possible that you saw that old man and helped him. That’s why your shoes were muddy, you know that place, you are familiar with the old man. And maybe on the way, you got this injury.”

“Yes, it’s possible. I can sleep now peacefully. Please turn off the Television.” Naro said.

As Mushk was about to turn off the Television Naro shouted, “Wait, wait, wait, don’t turn it off.”

“What’s wrong?”

“She is the girl whom that old man killed. I saw her dead. She is real.” She screamed after watching the missing report of a girl on the Television.

October 14, 2022 13:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

10 comments

Millie Hazen
06:01 Nov 24, 2022

Amazing plot! It contained the suspense, thrill, and mystery of a murder book in just a few minutes of reading.

Reply

Samreen Fatima
08:18 Nov 24, 2022

Thank you Marie . Thanks for reading and appreciation.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Mike Panasitti
17:00 Nov 23, 2022

You're very skilled at creating narrative suspense. Once I started, I couldn't stop reading.

Reply

Samreen Fatima
03:27 Nov 24, 2022

Thank you Mike. Thanks for the appreciation thanks for the reading.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Graham Kinross
01:52 Oct 25, 2022

Great story.

Reply

Samreen Fatima
05:41 Oct 27, 2022

Thanks for the reading ❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wendy Kaminski
18:39 Oct 22, 2022

I really enjoyed this!

Reply

Samreen Fatima
02:11 Oct 23, 2022

Thanks for the reading ❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Nayab Sherazi
02:44 Oct 15, 2022

Wow it's fabulous!

Reply

Samreen Fatima
04:40 Oct 15, 2022

Thank you ❤️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.