0 comments

Adventure Holiday

Colin opened his eyes.

As daylight passed through him, he could feel a flash of fire touching him.

Colin sat up, and looked through the window.

The giant sun had just placed attack on Colin. And this usually happened to everyone during summer.

And Colin just forgot it was summer.

He got up of bed and did his daily routine, then sat for breakfast.

He had just had breakfast when his tiny mother said, ' I have some work for you to do,'

Ugh. He always had work to do, but it didn't mean he had some talent to say that.

Anyway, helping was better than doing nothing.

' Ya?' He said, bored.

' Can you please help me clean the attic? I have a lot of work to do, and I really need your help,'

Fine. ' Alright.'

They walked into the dusty attic which had a thousand tiny living creatures that floated in the air. And they were called dust, or dirt.

His mother passed him a feather duster.

Oh no.

The time he dusted the chairs......' A...a....a....Achoo!' ' Aaah....a...ACHOO!'

Dust seemed to have a great enemy : sneezes.

They just dodged the great disaster Colin made.

All the time as Colin dusted, he sneezed and sneezed and sneezed and sneezed and sneezed and sneezed and sneezed and sneezed.

It was hopeless.

But, when Colin was dusting the shelf when something popped on the floor.

It made no noise, and Colin bent down to pick it up.

It was puffy, like a pillow.

And soft.

And had button eyes.

And yarn hair.

And a blue dress.

It was a sock doll.

Although this was the first time Colin was seeing this doll in the attic ( he always dusted the attic), it somehow looked familiar.

He closed his eyes and tried to recollect the last time he had seen this doll.

He searched through the files in his brain containing the memories when he was a child, but he couldn't remember anything about a sock doll.

A voice just then echoed in him.

And the voice became louder.

' What's the matter?' It questioned.

Colin gasped his eyes open.

He just realized that the voice was from his mother.

' What's the matter?'

' Oh,' He said calmly, and then his a sudden his voice was so excited, ' Can I once go?' He cried.

His mother couldn't make out what happened.

' Sure,' Her voice was dull.

' Thanks!' Although Colin's voice was excited.

He raced to the door and slipped his shoes on, and left.

His legs were taking him somewhere. He wasn't able to control it. It just waggled away. And his voice pushed him to say things crazy, stop his work, and sound excited.

Things were pushing him to an idea.

And what was it?

It was to give the sock doll to one person.

And that's it?

And that's exciting?

Really?

Colin's mind was wild.

It would get out of control whenever it wanted.

And his legs then dragged him to his neighbor's house.

And his hands pushed him to knock the door.

A plump woman answered. ' Yes?'

' I came here to ask you if your son would want a sock doll,'

' Sure!' She called to her son, and the boy came.

Colin gave the sock doll.

The boy said shyly, ' Thank you,'

Colin grinned.

Colin liked this boy. The boy's name was Ambrose.

Time passed.

Ambrose grew up liking this doll, and when he was old enough, he decided to give it to someone.

And on it went.

Ambrose gave it to a girl named Gilly, and Gilly gave it to a farmer's son, and that boy gave it to a pilot, and the pilot gave it to a helper, and the helper gave it to acrobat.

As this new generation happened, Colin became old. And soon he died. And now he was flying in space, without a soul.

And he was reborn as a baby named Julian.

One day, a loud knock came to the door on Julian's house.

Julian's mother walked for the door, but Julian raced and opened it first.

And there was an acrobat.

He gave Julian a sock doll.

' For you,' He said, and left.

Julian closed the door.

What a nice little package!

A sock doll. Hmm.

It had yarn as hair.

Button eyes.

A blue dress.

And it was as puffy as a pillow.

Julian had a strange feeling as if he had met this sock doll in his past life, and found it in an attic, and passed it on to his neighbor, Ambrose.

Nah, that can't happen.

But wrong. Julian's strange feeling about the past was true.

But he didn't know that.

And these all people, Ambrose, Gilly, and the other people who had the sock doll was reborn like Julian and all each got a strange dream (including Julian) that in their past life they had a sock doll.

But as days passed, the dream always came back.

And they couldn't hold it anymore.

It was annoying.

And they discovered a legend about the person who climb the top of Mt. Everest will be able to grant a wish.

And they wanted to know the meaning of their dream.

So they all set off.

And that wasn't easy.

Even Julian set off.

They died in times, but they still went up and up the mountain.

Everybody at last reached the end.

But they forgot about the dream and wished for different things.

But Julian hadn't reached the top.

But he hadn't forgot about dream.

In the middle, he relaxed for a while.

Just then, he saw a dog dying in hunger.

Oh, dear! Julian thought.

He unzipped his bag and took out a piece of bread and some water. He gave it to the dog.

It was very thankful.

Suddenly, a whirling wind came against the dog and the dog was transformed into a fairy.

' I almost died,' she said. ' And you gave me food. Because of that, I will grant you a wish. What is your wish?'

' Can you tell me the meaning of my dream about the sock doll?' Julian asked.

' A-ha,' said the fairy, 'Now that's something I can't tell you. You have to climb the top of the mountain. Anything else?'

' Can you take me to the top of the mountain?' Julian asked.

' No,' the fairy said. ' But I can take you halfway up,'

' Alright. That's alright with me,' said Julian.

The fairy chanted a spell, and she was holding a witch's broom.

And up the went.

The fairy drove the broom up and up.

And Julian was sitting on the broom too.

The fairy drove for 30 minutes.

And then she put him down back on the mountain. ' I can't take you further more,'

' It's okay,' said Julian. ' And thank you,'

Julian started going up.

After five minutes, he met a snow fox.

' Hello,' He said.

Julian hesitated. The fox was going to eat him!

' I am not going to eat you,' He said, noticing Julian shiver. ' I saw you save the dog. And I am a magical snow fox. I give people a ride to people who are kind,'

Julian was just so happy. He jumped on the back and the snow fox zoomed.

Snow splashed everywhere under the snow fox's legs. After sometime, the fox stopped. ' You arrived. If you just walk a little bit more, you will be at the top of the mountain. I have to go now. Bye,'

And with a huge leap, he vanished into the cold mountain air.

' Brr! The altitude...it's too much,' He gasped.

Julian walked a bit more. Snow gathered too much on his boots.

He slowly blinked his eyes.

Everything was blur.

He noticed the top.

He took the last step on that, and plopped on the ground, unconscious.

He slowly opened his eyes. When he looked up, he saw this person glowing.

He didn't have much energy.

He managed to do a push-up pose and get up.

A woman was standing before him.

She was a Chinese woman, and wore a big, red hanfu. She held a umbrella, and was glowing wonderfully.

' Hello,' she said. ' I am the angel of Mt. Everest,'

Julian blinked. He was dizzily roaming around.

The Chinese woman swirled her umbrella.

On that swirl, Julian felt a gush of energy come around him.

' Hello,' he said, ' I am Julian,'

' And what did you come here for?' she said, softly.

' I came here to know the meaning of my dream. And what's your name, miss?'

' I can't tell my name. It is a deep secret,' she answered.

' Oh, well,' he said. ' I came here to know the meaning of my dream of me having a sock doll in my past,'

' You hadn't known,' she said, in a honest voice. ' The dream you had is a real life dream. And this is the second time you are meeting the sock doll. I met a couple of people who had the same dream, but they wished for something else, than for asking the meaning of the dream,' ' Some wished for being a singer, another wanted to became a lobster, another one wished for a brand-new shiny notebook,'

' Wow,' said Julian, sarcastically, ' I can't believe they are wishing for simple things even though they took hard work to come here,'

' Aren't you also wishing something simple?' The woman said.

Julian blushed. ' Uh....yeah?'

She sighed. ' You have fulfilled your wish,'

' So I am leaving,' said Julian.

' No,' she said, ' I will get you to live in heaven,'

' Why?' Julian demanded.

' It's because you are kind. And many kind people live in heaven. I gave them choices, and they all wanted heaven. I liked that part,' She smiled.

Julian didn't want to make the woman sad, but he shouldn't say "yes" just because someone wanted him there. He should choose his own way.

' No,'

' Really?' she beamed in sadness. ' Last chance, yes or no?'

' No,' he said, ' I am sorry,'

' It's okay.' She looked at him. ' Since you won't go to heaven, I will give you my umbrella. Just hold it, and it will guide you home,'

' Thank you,' said Julian, as the woman passed her umbrella down to him.

It started raining.

Julian held the umbrella.

Then, just like magic, Julian started floating.

The umbrella landed took him down Mt. Everest.

Raindrops splat on the umbrella, and Julian was afraid he was going to fall.

In the middle of the journey, a large raindrop landed on his hands and his hands got wet.

He lost hold of the umbrella, and was falling.

The umbrella flied away.

The ground was getting closer.

Every second Julian was able to see the people walking on streets better.

But then - whoosh!

Something soft touched him.

Julian sat up.

A crow!

He was saved!

The crow drove him back home, and then it flew away.

Julian knocked on the door.

His mother answered. ' How was your trip?'

' Great,' said Julian.

And when Julian grew up, he passed the sock doll to his children, and another generation happened.

September 29, 2020 16:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.